Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 97 guests

Spoiler Captured Mesan Navy Ships

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Spoiler Captured Mesan Navy Ships
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sun May 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

:D I think 10th Fleet & Goldpeak can turn Visigoth into another Sideimore if they have to Trevor Star lite.

PS they do not have to control The Planet Visigoth -They have one called Mesa - I am sure The GA will be pleased only with control of Visigoth's traffic management.

Nimitz
Post by kzt   » Mon May 28, 2018 4:52 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote::D I think 10th Fleet & Goldpeak can turn Visigoth into another Sideimore if they have to Trevor Star lite.

PS they do not have to control The Planet Visigoth -They have one called Mesa - I am sure The GA will be pleased only with control of Visigoth's traffic management.

Nimitz

Sure. And the millions killed in the subsequent war with the rearmed SLN will certainly be worthy of that.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon May 28, 2018 5:43 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

kzt wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote::D I think 10th Fleet & Goldpeak can turn Visigoth into another Sideimore if they have to Trevor Star lite.

Nimitz

Sure. And the millions killed in the subsequent war with the rearmed SLN will certainly be worthy of that.

Visigoth is a member of The RF not the League - Why would the New League Assembly on SOL start a war for Visigoth?

And do You really think Kingsford is going to order an attack on Manti Ships - Even if He could find a shipyard to rearm with.

Nimitz
Post by n7axw   » Mon May 28, 2018 11:54 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I would suspect that the League is going to be too busy with its internal affairs to orient itself outward for a while.

After the way that Honor handled the situation at Sol, could it be the New League and Manticore could establish cordial relations?

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon May 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

n7axw wrote:I would suspect that the League is going to be too busy with its internal affairs to orient itself outward for a while.

After the way that Honor handled the situation at Sol, could it be the New League and Manticore could establish cordial relations?

Don

I would guess that would depend how much intel on The MA Honor & Whitehaven shared with Kingsford & The Ghosthunters during thier face to face meeting

Nimitz
Post by Theemile   » Tue May 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
kzt wrote:Sure. And the millions killed in the subsequent war with the rearmed SLN will certainly be worthy of that.

Visigoth is a member of The RF not the League - Why would the New League Assembly on SOL start a war for Visigoth?

And do You really think Kingsford is going to order an attack on Manti Ships - Even if He could find a shipyard to rearm with.

Nimitz

Actually, Visigoth and the rest of the RF are still members of the Solarian League as of the end of UH. I do not believe their plans to leave hit the required critical mass, due to how the GA quickly ended the war with the SL. I have not doubt they still plan to secede,but currently, the RF is just a political affiliation in the Solarian League.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by saber964   » Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 pm

saber964
Admiral

The problem is with giving Torch the Mesan navy is Torch already has a Navy bigger than it needs. Remember all the PNE ships that Rozak turned over to Torch? The HMTS Spartacus would swallow the entire crews of every frigate in the RTN.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue May 29, 2018 7:30 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:The problem is with giving Torch the Mesan navy is Torch already has a Navy bigger than it needs. Remember all the PNE ships that Rozak turned over to Torch? The HMTS Spartacus would swallow the entire crews of every frigate in the RTN.

Train them in the Royal Manticoran Navy. Send the officers through Saganami Island and the non-coms through RMN training courses reparing non-coms. I can see Torch, Haven and the star Empire especially keen to find the MAlign. That requires either a navy, intel assets or both. Torch will have a much harder, hard-on for the MAlign than anyone outside the Alexander-Harrington family.
Post by kzt   » Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Train them in the Royal Manticoran Navy. Send the officers through Saganami Island and the non-coms through RMN training courses reparing non-coms. I can see Torch, Haven and the star Empire especially keen to find the MAlign. That requires either a navy, intel assets or both. Torch will have a much harder, hard-on for the MAlign than anyone outside the Alexander-Harrington family.

You fail to realize how tiny Torch is. IIRC, it's total population is on the order of 100K. And I doubt that a plan that calls for shutting down the entire Torch navy for 4 years is conducive to an aggressive pursuit of the MA by the Torch navy.
Post by PeterZ   » Tue May 29, 2018 9:13 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Train them in the Royal Manticoran Navy. Send the officers through Saganami Island and the non-coms through RMN training courses reparing non-coms. I can see Torch, Haven and the star Empire especially keen to find the MAlign. That requires either a navy, intel assets or both. Torch will have a much harder, hard-on for the MAlign than anyone outside the Alexander-Harrington family.

You fail to realize how tiny Torch is. IIRC, it's total population is on the order of 100K. And I doubt that a plan that calls for shutting down the entire Torch navy for 4 years is conducive to an aggressive pursuit of the MA by the Torch navy.

Then cycle them through in appropriate groupings. Not giving at least a cadre serious naval training is definitely NOT a good thing.

Return to Honorverse