Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Spoiler(s) dangling threads

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Spoiler(s) dangling threads
Post by ywing14   » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

n7axw wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:O'Hanrahan was told to stay at a specific hotel on Mesa, if the hotel she previously planned on staying at was destroyed, either directly or as fairly close collateral damage, finding out that information could lead to the assumption that the explosions were planned before 5th fleet's arrival.

Given her assigned role by the onion along with the MA's severe compartmentalization, I doubt that O'Hanrahan will be a useful sourse of info. I doubt that she even knows about the onion.

I find myself thinking that she might be a candidate for flipping loyalties...someone more like Jack McBryde.

She is an alpha. There is textev for that.

Don

-

I think it would be useful to track her contact chain if you can get that out of her. Might help you root out all of the MAlign reporters.
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed May 16, 2018 8:07 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:O'Hanrahan was told to stay at a specific hotel on Mesa, if the hotel she previously planned on staying at was destroyed, either directly or as fairly close collateral damage, finding out that information could lead to the assumption that the explosions were planned before 5th fleet's arrival.

Given her assigned role by the onion along with the MA's severe compartmentalization, I doubt that O'Hanrahan will be a useful sourse of info. I doubt that she even knows about the onion.

I find myself thinking that she might be a candidate for flipping loyalties...someone more like Jack McBryde.

She is an alpha. There is textev for that.

And she knows she is an alpha. That means she already knows some things about the Onion. Not major details but when strings are left free, they can be pulled on.

Don

-

I think it would be useful to track her contact chain if you can get that out of her. Might help you root out all of the MAlign reporters.[/quote]
Post by Brigade XO   » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Firebrand and Indy were last seen in conference with Michele and staff -and Anton, talking about going down on Mesa and ....looking for information.
Firebrand wandering around with a Treecat on his sholder is going to send a ripple or two even if they do enough biosculpt to mask his identity.
A Treecat...on Mesa...with a Civilian...hummmmm

Wonder if Fire Watch is not going to be able to restrain himself on the 1st true Alignment member they run into? That would be an Oops!
Post by n7axw   » Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Brigade XO wrote:Firebrand and Indy were last seen in conference with Michele and staff -and Anton, talking about going down on Mesa and ....looking for information.
Firebrand wandering around with a Treecat on his sholder is going to send a ripple or two even if they do enough biosculpt to mask his identity.

Wonder if Fire Watch is not going to be able to restrain himself on the 1st true Alignment member they run into? That would be an Oops!

Actually the treecat would be part of the disguise. Nobody would expect Harahap to have one...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu May 17, 2018 1:55 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:
Brigade XO wrote:Firebrand and Indy were last seen in conference with Michele and staff -and Anton, talking about going down on Mesa and ....looking for information.

Actually the treecat would be part of the disguise. Nobody would expect Harahap to have one...

Don

-

That's good, Don. On top of that the number of treecats actively working with the GA but not actually adopted has grown immensely. Soon there will be private partnerships with 'cats and agents of financial institutions that would invest outside the GA systems. Having a 'cat facilitate financial negotiations will be invaluable for an eager investment firm.

Between adoptees, privately contracted 'cats, intel assets and assigned body guards, there will be a huge number of treecats exploring the spaceways real soon now.
Post by saber964   » Thu May 17, 2018 7:38 pm

saber964
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
n7axw" quote="Brigade XO wrote:Firebrand and Indy were last seen in conference with Michele and staff -and Anton, talking about going down on Mesa and ....looking for information.

Don

-

That's good, Don. On top of that the number of treecats actively working with the GA but not actually adopted has grown immensely. Soon there will be private partnerships with 'cats and agents of financial institutions that would invest outside the GA systems. Having a 'cat facilitate financial negotiations will be invaluable for an eager investment firm.

Between adoptees, privately contracted 'cats, intel assets and assigned body guards, there will be a huge number of treecats exploring the spaceways real soon now.[/quote]

Plus with large areas of Sphinx trashed due to forest fires how many treecat clans are going to pack up and move off planet to Manticore Gryphon Grayson and the world's of the TQ. I'm sure by now there's a clan or two hanging out in the gardens of Mount Royal Palace and a few other noble holdings.
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat May 26, 2018 8:58 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

[quot
n7axw" quote="Brigade XO wrote:Firebrand and Indy were last seen in conference with Michele and staff -and Anton, talking about going down on Mesa and ....looking for information.

Don

-[/quote]

Between adoptees, privately contracted 'cats, intel assets and assigned body guards, there will be a huge number of treecats exploring the spaceways real soon now.[/quote]

Plus with large areas of Sphinx trashed due to forest fires how many treecat clans are going to pack up and move off planet to Manticore Gryphon Grayson and the world's of the TQ. I'm sure by now there's a clan or two hanging out in the gardens of Mount Royal Palace and a few other noble holdings.[/quote]

We actually don't know enough about the treecats to guarantee what they would do. They clearly go where there adoptees go. But without that bond, we don't really know what will happen.

Remember they are clan based. Will non-bonded cats really want to wander all that far? Who knows?
Post by PeterZ   » Sat May 26, 2018 11:15 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Unbounded individuals traveling alone will be difficult and neigh non-existent. Family groups traveling under contract would be the norm. I can see large firms contracting entire septs to provide enough traveling family groups for security and lie detection services.

I wouldn't be surprised if Honor and Sam start up a legal consultancy to provide 'cat clans the best legal representation. Now that I think about it, Steadholder Hartington could recognize treecats as a sovereign nation and treat with clans wishing legal services. This brings the Manticoran Crown's Foreign Office on board and not just magistrates to safeguard 'cat interests. If Eloise establishes the same precedent for Haven, cheating and abusing 'cats would carry massive disincentives.

All this means that we may well see more groups of 'cats traveling in the Honorverse.
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun May 27, 2018 8:55 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Unbounded individuals traveling alone will be difficult and neigh non-existent. Family groups traveling under contract would be the norm. I can see large firms contracting entire septs to provide enough traveling family groups for security and lie detection services.

I wouldn't be surprised if Honor and Sam start up a legal consultancy to provide 'cat clans the best legal representation. Now that I think about it, Steadholder Hartington could recognize treecats as a sovereign nation and treat with clans wishing legal services. This brings the Manticoran Crown's Foreign Office on board and not just magistrates to safeguard 'cat interests. If Eloise establishes the same precedent for Haven, cheating and abusing 'cats would carry massive disincentives.

All this means that we may well see more groups of 'cats traveling in the Honorverse.

I think they would go as clans. They are a social group. But they'd probably want more than one clan simply for genetic purposes.

And they have become aware of how easily they can be killed by outsiders.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun May 27, 2018 11:32 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

When they emigrate, they will go as a clan or a large sept. When they are employed for a contract period by a firm, a clan is simply too big. One or two mated pairs and a few unattached scouts and junior females could manage for a year or so. They return home and download their info to the senior singers.

I wonder what the smallest sized group of 'cats is possible for lengthily travel awY from other mind Voices?

Return to Honorverse