Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Balcescu & Visigoth

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Balcescu & Visigoth
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

How long before Ruth & Anton mine The data from Balcescu Station-COG-Torch OP & Find The MA rabbit trail?

A Streak Drive engine fail near the Visi wormhole would be interesting now that 10th fleet is in control

Nimitz
Re: Balcescu & Visigoth
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

Nimitz1923PD wrote:How long before Ruth & Anton mine The data from Balcescu Station-COG-Torch OP & Find The MA rabbit trail?

A Streak Drive engine fail near the Visi wormhole would be interesting now that 10th fleet is in control

Nimitz

GA has a bunch of termini that they didn't have before.

The "Streak Drive" is a beefed up hyper-generator that gives access to higher bands in hyper-- it isn't part of the impeller wedge, or the spider drive. Impeller failure is unlikely; those are due primarily to a lack of maintenance.

The RF is unlikely to use a spider close to the wormhole--why use them where it might point to the membership of the RF being associated with the Malign?

Rob
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon May 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:How long before Ruth & Anton mine The data from Balcescu Station-COG-Torch OP & Find The MA rabbit trail?

Nimitz

The "Streak Drive" is a beefed up hyper-generator that gives access to higher bands in hyper-- it isn't part of the impeller wedge, or the spider drive. Impeller failure is unlikely; those are due primarily to a lack of maintenance.

The RF is unlikely to use a spider close to the wormhole--why use them where it might point to the membership of the RF being associated with the Malign?

Rob

Holli Sole crash translation & MA covert message routes - How many weeks to Visigoth orbit? & 1 curious LAC?

Nimirz
Post by n7axw   » Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Armed Neo-Bob wrote:

Nimitz

Rob

The RF doesn't have the Spider or the streak. Those are solely in the possession of the Alignmment. The RF has more conventional navies more like the SLN. I don't know if they have sny sds or are only bcs andd lighter.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Brigade XO   » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

There is a lot of data now potentialy in the hands of the GA, there is data with Torch- who does have a reason to share it with the GA but when this happens and how soon varioius things start to be looked at is the question
The GA is a bit busy just now.
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue May 15, 2018 2:33 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Nimitz

Finding Streak drive vessels would be possible with "big data" approaches correlating emission signatures for ships arriving and departing different planets. That would pick up ships that changed their identities as well as ships that got from Point A to Point B faster than expected.

Whether RFC is going to do that, though, is a very different question. There are a lot of things we can do today that were simply not on anyone's ideas of a practical future 25 years ago.

Whether this would get anyone closer to either Darius or Felix is questionable, unless they managed to locate a lot of streak drive vessels and could plot their paths.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue May 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Something unusual on the otherside of the wormhole to Mesa may get a look for possible contraband

As far as I know only aliens who have not invaded yet use streak drives xcept the MA

Nimitz
Post by pappilon   » Tue May 15, 2018 5:15 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

:? I suppose once the dust settles over all the blowing up of stuff, they could check on every ship that sailed from Mesa since the Green Pines Incident, and track each one of them down. That should take a few decades. Keep an entire fleet occupied until the story resumes in oh 25 years. RFC can burn an entire Shadow series book on the search for Waldo and Carmen San Diego: Shadow of MAlign.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

pappilon wrote::? I suppose once the dust settles over all the blowing up of stuff, they could check on every ship that sailed from Mesa since the Green Pines Incident, and track each one of them down. That should take a few decades. Keep an entire fleet occupied until the story resumes in oh 25 years. RFC can burn an entire Shadow series book on the search for Waldo and Carmen San Diego: Shadow of MAlign.

:D Even Genetic Clones created by Genetic Supermen jumping into a Battle Fleet may have a bad day

Nimitz

Return to Honorverse