Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Spoiler!!... Mycroft and UH

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Spoiler!!... Mycroft and UH
Post by Annachie   » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:51 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Oh no, there wont be an answer until it's needed in the stories.

That's a given.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:11 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Oh no, there wont be an answer until it's needed in the stories.

That's a given.

I can just see the scene"

Inside ONI HQ Manticore

"excuse me, sir, I just got this strange message."

"Strange how"

"Well, its from the SL, actually the header is the commerce department for starters. Secondly it seems to be 75 seconds of raw feed from several Solly recon drones. Third its from Beowulf..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by n7axw   » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:17 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:I would have thought it was obvious that RD's could be used, after all didn't Honor use a hermes bouy for the missiles she launched against Lester in BOM.

Yes, Honor used a Hermes Buoy in AAC. However, a Hermes Buoy is NOT the same thing as a RD. Honor could only handle a few pods with the Hermes Buoy, I'm surprised that RDs would have enough communications to talk to any significant number of Apollo control missiles. There are just a lot more RDs than Hermes Buoys around Beowulf.

What I remember is that the Hermes buoy was used to communicate worh Lester, not control pods. Communicating with pods happened using keyhole 2 to the Mk 23 e.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Weird Harold   » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:What I remember is that the Hermes buoy was used to communicate worh Lester, not control pods. Communicating with pods happened using keyhole 2 to the Mk 23 e.

It was revealed much later that the 7(?) pods Honor used to intimidate Tourville were as many as she could control at that range (because she had to go through the Hermes more senstive FTL receiver?) It isn't explicitly stated why she was bluffing, but she was definitely beyond normal Apollo ACM communications range.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by kzt   » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

David has stated that it was because she knew could kill them all, and would if she needed to, but preferred to convince him to surrender be pretending that she could do it from absurdly far out of his effective range.

Return to Honorverse