Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests

SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?
Post by Annachie   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:Ah, Operation Nemesis was carried out by Grand Fleet. You know, the one with that honking big task force of RHN SD(P)s? :lol:

Sorry. I wanted the reader focused on what was going on aboard Honor's flagship (and inside Honor) so I didn't give you an RHN perspective. Perhaps I should have, but . . . .

Thinking out of the box here, but this a situation where you could arrange an anthology of those other battles and raids, but written by other people.

I know, control and editing issues, but it could be interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Lunan   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

Could be an interesting short story for a potential future anthology

runsforcelery wrote:
richardinor wrote:All the battles were RMN vs. SLN. I would have liked to see a RHN vs. SLN battle.

Ah, Operation Nemesis was carried out by Grand Fleet. You know, the one with that honking big task force of RHN SD(P)s? :lol:

Sorry. I wanted the reader focused on what was going on aboard Honor's flagship (and inside Honor) so I didn't give you an RHN perspective. Perhaps I should have, but . . . .
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:49 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
richardinor wrote:All the battles were RMN vs. SLN. I would have liked to see a RHN vs. SLN battle.

Ah, Operation Nemesis was carried out by Grand Fleet. You know, the one with that honking big task force of RHN SD(P)s? :lol:

YOU SHOULD HAVE AND YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD HAVE ::disapproving look::

(Ilu RFC but sometimes u leave out Very Essential Viewpoints honestly <3 )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Technobuilder   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:39 am

Technobuilder
Ensign

I really enjoyed the book, but I also feel we were missing a few scenes.

>SOMETHING with Scotty and Harkness! - Scotty was mentioned, but not even a glimpse of where they were or what they were up to.

>The Darius Perspective/Followup Post Beowulf "Tantrum" as well as Post SLN Surrender.

>What the Heck is Up with Agata W. (Mandarin at Large)
-And some followup with the GhostHunters (Duad)

>Anything with the Kingdom of Torch (Berry, Ruth, etc

Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied, but I feel like those were the critical bits.
Post by HawkEye7704   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 am

HawkEye7704
Midshipman

I think a scene with some of the RF members questioning the Detweilers Son's capabilities without 'Dad' around after the whole thing almost blew up in their faces would have been interesting.

Of course given that we haven't really met any of them yet it may not have fitted into the story well - but it could have future implications ?!
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:49 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

HawkEye7704 wrote:I think a scene with some of the RF members questioning the Detweilers Son's capabilities without 'Dad' around after the whole thing almost blew up in their faces would have been interesting.

Of course given that we haven't really met any of them yet it may not have fitted into the story well - but it could have future implications ?!

So we morph from Beowulf to King Lear? Perhaps more fitting, the older story of King Leir of the Britons. Assuming Leonard Detweiler was King Leir with Regan and Goneril's lines represented by Mesa and the MAlign and the Harringtons representing Cordelia's line.

Mesa and the MAlign reflect the hubris which led LDs progeny into the current tragedy and the Harrington's as the means to return them (the MAlign and Darius) to a just existence with the rest of the galaxy.

Btw, Harrington is Beowulf with Manticore as Heorot (Honor came from Beowulf by way of Allison after all). The Peeps were the Grendle figure, the RoH was Grendel's mother and the Dragon is the MAlign.
Post by HawkEye7704   » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:12 pm

HawkEye7704
Midshipman

I bow to your much greater literary knowledge. 8-)

On reflection I also missed (this is also posted under another thread on this board - so sorry) the unmasking of Nesbit as an MA operative by Eloise. That could have been a lot of fun. The seraphic moment now comes from the fact he must be sweating bullets with all the Treecats around :)
Post by jchilds   » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 pm

jchilds
Captain of the List

Maps?
Post by Theemile   » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

What did the Andermani find out from that merchie whose transponder was screaming "pirates have boarded me"?

The Torch navy - did they get their 3 Manty built DDs? How much of the PNiE did they decide to man? Did anyone find the demo charges? Are they putting together a Torch Army Battalion (with lots of Manticorian, Havenite, and Beowulfian loaners) to send to Mesa as was discussed in CoG?

What's happening is Silensia. What is Sarnow's "interesting times?"

Will Sidemore join the IEM?

The Andermani - they are never ones to sit on their hands, how will they make their presence known in Galactic affairs?

Steak and Spider drives - when will the Alliance crack them?

Leonard Detweiler SDs - what do they look like, what are their capabilities, and how are they planned to be used?

The Renaissance alliance, how do they shake up?

of course - maps - wormnholes

and fleetlists (even though David doesn't want to give them up) including what got destroyed in the Yawatta Strike.

was that enough?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by munroburton   » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:33 am

munroburton
Admiral

Theemile wrote:What did the Andermani find out from that merchie whose transponder was screaming "pirates have boarded me"?

I thought that was Bachfisch's armed freighter? IIRC one story he told Honor's staff was about the time they let some pirates board, then blew away their mothership and forced the boarders to surrender. Hence, "pirates have boarded me."

Return to Honorverse