Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by pappilon   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:26 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...Pap, you kinda mucked up the quoting.
It was cthia who wrote part of that which you mis-attributed to me.
pappilon wrote:And yet the Fundamentalist "Christians" are rallying to his support because he keeps acting like he really cares about their moral crusade.

Interesting way to really irritate Fundie Christians - Point out that Jesus was a Jew.
Then stand back and watch their heads explode.

As for Trump and his daughter, there's a biblical precedent. After the destruction of the cities Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot's daughters bore his sons Moab and Ben-Ammi after getting him drunk.
Yep, it's another thing that you can mention to the Fundies and watch them freak out over it.

It's actually rather scary how much of the Bible would count as either R18 Violence or R18 Sex if it was treated as a film...

My apologies for mucking up the quotes. I really do try to keep them straight.

But try explaining to them that Jesus is their brand spanking shiny new god. About the 4th time we've dumped one god for another. All in the name of monotheism. At least the Pagans had the good sense to just add the new gods to their cosmonogy.

Saul the Assassin aka Paul the Rabbi, merely substituted Jesus in the place of his god, Attis, and here we are. New god born around the winter solstice, mom was a virgin, nailed to a tree, bled to restore the fertiliy of the land, thus saving the people from eternal damnation, went to the underworld for 3 days, came back around the vernal equinox ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:50 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

GOP strategist warns Trump to ‘get good legal help now, because the storm is coming’

Trump is a millionaire but he hasn't paid the piper yet. He will. Oh but he will.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pappilon   » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:18 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:GOP strategist warns Trump to ‘get good legal help now, because the storm is coming’

Trump is a millionaire but he hasn't paid the piper yet. He will. Oh but he will.

And dealing with a Russian bank on the US sanctions list? None call it treason?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

I just want people to try to picture what evidence a judge would have needed to ok an FBI raid on the personal attorney of the President of the United States... like the raid they executed today.

And then Trump had a "no fair witch hunt!!!" whining meltdown on national television... because of course he did.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:I just want people to try to picture what evidence a judge would have needed to ok an FBI raid on the personal attorney of the President of the United States... like the raid they executed today.

And then Trump had a "no fair witch hunt!!!" whining meltdown on national television... because of course he did.
Especially given that, by law, the prosecutors and Judge have to consider less intrusive methods first. IE: Grand Jury subpoena's, etc.

The Judge has to be convinced that not only will evidence be found, but that the targets of the investigation are unlikely to comply or likely to destroy said evidence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Annachie wrote:The Judge has to be convinced that not only will evidence be found, but that the targets of the investigation are unlikely to comply or likely to destroy said evidence.

... given Trump's apparent willingness to try and re-write reality to fit with his preconceptions, I'm not surprised that a Judge would reach the conclusion that he would have his henchpeople try to "sanitize" the records.

The interesting question is... has he done that already? After all, he is POTUS and doesn't want to make history by being the first POTUS to be impeached...

If he is impeached, would he still be formally referred to as Mr President like Obama, Clinton et al are?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:01 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

He wont be as there have already been two.
But, he might be the first to be found guilty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well, it looks like he admitted to obstruction of justice in an early morning twitter rant.

Oops.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Well, it looks like he admitted to obstruction of justice in an early morning twitter rant.

Oops.

Not even the first time...

For quite a while not it's been not a matter of whether Mueller will find he obstructed Justice, but rather how many times will he find he did so, how severely, and how many other crimes might he uncover along the way.

In the meantime, Trump went absolutely *unhinged* against Comey on twitter this morning, calling him a proven liar and leaker of classified information (nobody has proven he lied, and the only info he leaked was his own memos which he specifically wrote to be NOT classified so he could use them to blow the whistle on what was happening). While at the same time multiple reports from the White House indicate he is considering pardoning Scooter Libby, the guy who leaked the name of a covert CIA operative to retaliate *against* a whistleblower then lied about it to the FBI.

Corrupt hypocrisy level: Grand Master.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Ooooh.... this is gonna sting if it turns out to be true.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic ... 70264.html

Sources: Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016, confirming part of dossier

That would not only be yet *another* corroboration of the dossier, it would be a massive one. Team Trump has used Cohen's "I've never been to Prague in my life, look at my passport!!!" denial of that aspect of the dossier as their primary pillar of support for claiming the dossier isn't true, despite all the other corroborated points in it.

If this one falls, their ceiling is caving in.

Return to Politics