Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Post UH infodumps

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Post UH infodumps
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:04 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

Well, that and Sharon and my wedding vow renewal. . . . :roll:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

::does not compute::

::information not received::

::please re-enter data::

WHAT does this even mean?

Confused Rose is extremely confuzzled. And sincerely hoping that the one HonorCon she's able to make isn't the one RFC won't be at!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

roseandheather wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:

Well, that and Sharon and my wedding vow renewal. . . . :roll:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

::does not compute::

::information not received::

::please re-enter data::

WHAT does this even mean?

Confused Rose is extremely confuzzled. And sincerely hoping that the one HonorCon she's able to make isn't the one RFC won't be at!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Our 20th anniversary rolls around in eight days. We will be renewing our wedding vows in our little Methodist church on the 21st (which is the first Saturday after Der Tag), but we will also be renewing them with the TRM in attendance at Manticon and at Sphinx Con in Atlanta.

That help?

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 am

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:Our 20th anniversary rolls around in eight days. We will be renewing our wedding vows in our little Methodist church on the 21st (which is the first Saturday after Der Tag), but we will also be renewing them with the TRM in attendance at Manticon and at Sphinx Con in Atlanta.

That help?

Yes and now I'm jealous I can only go to HonorCon and not MantiCon :lol:

Also CONGRATS!!!
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

roseandheather wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Our 20th anniversary rolls around in eight days. We will be renewing our wedding vows in our little Methodist church on the 21st (which is the first Saturday after Der Tag), but we will also be renewing them with the TRM in attendance at Manticon and at Sphinx Con in Atlanta.

That help?

Yes and now I'm jealous I can only go to HonorCon and not MantiCon :lol:

Also CONGRATS!!!

Oops! :oops: Typo alert! :oops: I typed Honorcon, but I meant Manticon. Honorcon has, in fact, transmuted into two "daughter" cons; Sphinxcon, in Atlanta, and Fantasci, which will be continuing in the Raleigh, NC, area. We'd originally intended to hold the TRMN renewal at this year's Manticon and Honorcon before the reorganization, and I just automatically typed that name. The first Sphinxcon will be this fall, and we'll hold one renewal there for the folks in the southeast who can't make it to Manticon. Gonna be cosplay an' ever'thing!!!! :lol:

Hey, I've been with this lady for 20 years. She's put up with me that whole time, we've got three great kids, and the chance to marry her over again three times in one year was too good to pass up. I'm sure no one could ever guess what a gooey center I have from my writing, right? :roll:

See you there?

Post by roseandheather   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:47 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
Oops! :oops: Typo alert! :oops: I typed Honorcon, but I meant Manticon. Honorcon has, in fact, transmuted into two "daughter" cons; Sphinxcon, in Atlanta, and Fantasci, which will be continuing in the Raleigh, NC, area. We'd originally intended to hold the TRMN renewal at this year's Manticon and Honorcon before the reorganization, and I just automatically typed that name. The first Sphinxcon will be this fall, and we'll hold one renewal there for the folks in the southeast who can't make it to Manticon. Gonna be cosplay an' ever'thing!!!! :lol:

Hey, I've been with this lady for 20 years. She's put up with me that whole time, we've got three great kids, and the chance to marry her over again three times in one year was too good to pass up. I'm sure no one could ever guess what a gooey center I have from my writing, right? :roll:

See you there?

::blinks::

...well, that explains why I've yet to find a shred of information about HonorCon 2018! :lol: :lol:

Also, Sphinxcon couldn't have had a more convenient date for me if it tried - well done you! :mrgreen:

I will indeed be there, with copious amounts of home-designed Pritchart campaign swag on. Or possibly Grayson dress in Havenite colors.... who knows? :P

What gooey center? You?? Why I never heard of such an outrageous lie in all my- ::hysterical laughter::
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by kzt   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:Oops! :oops: Typo alert! :oops: I typed Honorcon, but I meant Manticon. Honorcon has, in fact, transmuted into two "daughter" cons; Sphinxcon, in Atlanta, and Fantasci, which will be continuing in the Raleigh, NC, area. We'd originally intended to hold the TRMN renewal at this year's Manticon and Honorcon before the reorganization, and I just automatically typed that name. The first Sphinxcon will be this fall, and we'll hold one renewal there for the folks in the southeast who can't make it to Manticon. Gonna be cosplay an' ever'thing!!!! :lol:

Cool! Which of these is planned to more focused on your stuff and less costume party and start wars/trek?

Thanks
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

kzt wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Oops! :oops: Typo alert! :oops: I typed Honorcon, but I meant Manticon. Honorcon has, in fact, transmuted into two "daughter" cons; Sphinxcon, in Atlanta, and Fantasci, which will be continuing in the Raleigh, NC, area. We'd originally intended to hold the TRMN renewal at this year's Manticon and Honorcon before the reorganization, and I just automatically typed that name. The first Sphinxcon will be this fall, and we'll hold one renewal there for the folks in the southeast who can't make it to Manticon. Gonna be cosplay an' ever'thing!!!! :lol:

Cool! Which of these is planned to more focused on your stuff and less costume party and start wars/trek?

Thanks

There'll probably be a pretty heavy strand of "my stuff" at all of them, but I think a sustainable con needs to branch out. Fans can be --- and are --- very loyal, but maintaining enough enthusiasm to fill even a small con solely with one writer's fans over an extended period is really hard. So, going forward, there's going to be a concerted effort to reach out to other authors and artists. I'm not personally running any of them, you understand; Sharon and I are just "in the loop" and available to answer questions and stuff like that there, but they do try to keep us informed about what's going on. That way we can, like, actually answer questions when someone asks us about it! :lol:

All three of the cons I mentioned above will have full programming. The vow renewal will be a single event on the programming calendar for all of them.

Sharon and I really loves the folks in the TRMN. Like any family, we have differences of opinion from time to time, but these are great people. I think the greatest compliment I've ever been paid is the quality of my fans.

Post by robert132   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

runsforcelery wrote:
Our 20th anniversary rolls around in eight days. We will be renewing our wedding vows in our little Methodist church on the 21st (which is the first Saturday after Der Tag), but we will also be renewing them with the TRM in attendance at Manticon and at Sphinx Con in Atlanta.

That help?

20 years? Congratulations!!! :D

May you and Sharon enjoy many many more.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.

Return to Honorverse