Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

-SPOILER- Uncompromising Honor - Likes and Don't Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: -SPOILER- Uncompromising Honor - Likes and Don't Likes
Post by TangoLima   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:04 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you.

For our sake and yours. Rose too.
Was Allen Higgins in Beowulf at the time of the
attack ?

Yes, No, tum-ti-tum-tum ?
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

TangoLima wrote:Thank you.

For our sake and yours. Rose too.
Was Allen Higgins in Beowulf at the time of the
attack ?

Yes, No, tum-ti-tum-tum ?

Tum-te-Tum-te . . . well, you get the idea. :twisted: :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by TangoLima   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank You
Sectari Pro Apium
Latin: Runs For Celery

You really seem to enjoy wrenching our hearts.
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:37 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

TangoLima wrote:Thank You
Sectari Pro Apium

Through this, I haven't decided whether or not he was, but he should have been. So, if he wasn't there, I have to manufacture a reason why he wasn't, and I already sort of did that by sending Tom Theismann off on that exercise and Trevor's Star because I knew that if I'd killed him, Rose wouldn't wait for Manticon . . . and could probably get lots of people to help her.

I admit it. I was too chicken. And the fact that I really, really like Tom and really, really didn't want to kill him, and know that Eloise really, really needs him was also a significant factor in my decision.

And like I said elsewhere, I think I've killed enough characters who were hugely important to me to indulge myself by telling the ferryman that he can't have some of them just yet.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by kzt   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

I have to point out that holding a Joint Chiefs conference without any of the joint chiefs would seem a bit odd...
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:25 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
TangoLima wrote:Thank You
Sectari Pro Apium

Through this, I haven't decided whether or not he was, but he should have been. So, if he wasn't there, I have to manufacture a reason why he wasn't, and I already sort of did that by sending Tom Theismann off on that exercise and Trevor's Star because I knew that if I'd killed him, Rose wouldn't wait for Manticon . . . and could probably get lots of people to help her.

I admit it. I was too chicken. And the fact that I really, really like Tom and really, really didn't want to kill him, and know that Eloise really, really needs him was also a significant factor in my decision.

And like I said elsewhere, I think I've killed enough characters who were hugely important to me to indulge myself by telling the ferryman that he can't have some of them just yet.

Perhaps Allen simply couldn't sit and watch another disaster unfold. He NEEDED to do something, The conference had been disrupted with Capriotti's appearance. All went immediately to see if he could participate in S&R. Donned his skin suit and everything. When the bomb went off in Beowulf Alpha he'd talked himself aboard a ship and was heading out.

So, Allen may well have ended up surviving another disaster. Feel free to use the idea to keep Allen alive for Rose.
Post by kzt   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Perhaps Allen simply couldn't sit and watch another disaster unfold. He NEEDED to do something, The conference had been disrupted with Capriotti's appearance. All went immediately to see if he could participate in S&R. Donned his skin suit and everything. When the bomb went off in Beowulf Alpha he'd talked himself aboard a ship and was heading out.

So, Allen may well have ended up surviving another disaster. Feel free to use the idea to keep Allen alive for Rose.

If anyone is going to get out it's going to be the guy with the Grayson security team that is perfectly willing to shoot their way out if that is what they need to do to protect their principle.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Perhaps Allen simply couldn't sit and watch another disaster unfold. He NEEDED to do something, The conference had been disrupted with Capriotti's appearance. All went immediately to see if he could participate in S&R. Donned his skin suit and everything. When the bomb went off in Beowulf Alpha he'd talked himself aboard a ship and was heading out.

If anyone is going to get out it's going to be the guy with the Grayson security team that is perfectly willing to shoot their way out if that is what they need to do to protect their principle.

Not really. Not enough time to leave after Beowulf Gamma & Beta blew. You had to leave earlier. No Grayson security detail would have left a space station with their principal when hostile warship are shooting missiles. Someone wanting to contribute to S&R would have.

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, but it fits his history.
Post by kzt   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:48 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Not really. Not enough time to leave after Beowulf Gamma & Beta blew. You had to leave earlier. No Grayson security detail would have left a space station with their principal when hostile warship are shooting missiles. Someone wanting to contribute to S&R would have.

The SLN waships had all blown up, been wrecked or hypered out. Which is why the SLN high command on Earth didn't know about the space stations having been all blowed up.

And if you know that the odds are very very good there is a honking huge fusion bomb about to explode and the guy you sworn to protect will be inside the fireball when it goes off, pretty much any alternative, no matter how risky, is a better deal.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:54 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Not really. Not enough time to leave after Beowulf Gamma & Beta blew. You had to leave earlier. No Grayson security detail would have left a space station with their principal when hostile warship are shooting missiles. Someone wanting to contribute to S&R would have.

The SLN waships had all blown up, been wrecked or hypered out. Which is why the SLN high command on Earth didn't know about the space stations having been all blowed up.

And if you know that the odds are very very good there is a honking huge fusion bomb about to explode and the guy you sworn to protect will be inside the fireball when it goes off, pretty much any alternative, no matter how risky, is a better deal.

Didn't say they didn't try. Just that there wasn't enough time after Gamma blew.

Return to Honorverse