Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Any word on the next book?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Any word on the next book?
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:18 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

I have been away from these chat rooms since shortly after reading At The Sign of Triumph...

Does any one have an idea on when we might see another book in this story line?
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Re: Any word on the next book?
Post by Henry Brown   » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Well, sometime around the middle of last year RFC posted this about his planned schedule. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8821

However, that was quite some time ago and he has dropped off the forums recently. So no idea how that planned schedule has held up.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Henry Brown wrote:Well, sometime around the middle of last year RFC posted this about his planned schedule. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8821

However, that was quite some time ago and he has dropped off the forums recently. So no idea how that planned schedule has held up.

Thank you Henry...
I tend to return to the chat rooms only when a thread I ma following has activity but, I have been re-reading some of the early books and that led me to look for information.

750,000 - 1,000,000 words a year and four of five series that he is working in WOW!
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by n7axw   » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

David just posted in the Honorverse forum and mentioned a book that was going so poorly he had to scrap it sand start from scratch. Wonder if it was a Safehold...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:David just posted in the Honorverse forum and mentioned a book that was going so poorly he had to scrap it sand start from scratch. Wonder if it was a Safehold...

Don

-

either Safehold or the next War God book as the next honor was turned in a while back as evidence by them being ready to release the e-arc later this week.
Post by NervousEnergy   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 am

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dauntless wrote:
n7axw wrote:David just posted in the Honorverse forum and mentioned a book that was going so poorly he had to scrap it sand start from scratch. Wonder if it was a Safehold...

Don

-

either Safehold or the next War God book as the next honor was turned in a while back as evidence by them being ready to release the e-arc later this week.

I'm betting on Safehold, or we'd have long since likely got some indication it was turned in. Safehold was up for a big change with this book and the (theoretically) planned 20 year jump. I'm wondering if that was what didn't work. Not an author, but I'd imagine it would be easy to have all sorts of continuity issues creep in when trying to do something like that to such a well developed setting.

War God is such a simple setting and story compared to either HH or Safehold it's hard to imagine him doing something for 100K words that wound up not working, though of course I could be wrong.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:10 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Don

-

Don...
Wow.. I have had that kind of thing happen though my work is not ever published.
If you have not seen the movie that came out last Christmas... I strongly recommend that you do get a copy of The man who invented Christmas...
http://www.imdb.com/year/2017/?ref_=tt_ov_inf

Classic writers block when the characters don't want to do what the author wants of them...

I recall reading where David had thought about having Honor killed but changed his mind... that would likely cause a conflict.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by n7axw   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:15 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

My bet is on Safehold. A while back when David posted his publishing priorites, Safehold was listed right after Honorverse. It would be unwise to count too heavily on that. But in terms of speculating about what comes next, it's as good a place to start as any.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:34 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:My bet is on Safehold. A while back when David posted his publishing priorites, Safehold was listed right after Honorverse. It would be unwise to count too heavily on that. But in terms of speculating about what comes next, it's as good a place to start as any.

Don

-

Well, yes, but according to the Schedule the new Safehold was due to be finished about the end of November. It depends how recently he hit this problem. If he was anything like near the Schedule, a recent bump should have been in the next Norfressa one. You can argue it either way, Safehold is due a major shift, but it has been quite a while since Sword of the South and the background arc to that is actually pretty complex too, there is a major 'new' character who has to be of crucial importance in the next book and that might easily not have worked out right first time around. We just don't have enough info to know for sure. Since I'm much more invested in Safehold than Norfressa, I know which one I hope it was. :)

I was originally coming on to ask if anyone had a hint of a title for the next Safehold book yet.
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:40 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Randomiser wrote:
n7axw wrote:My bet is on Safehold. A while back when David posted his publishing priorites, Safehold was listed right after Honorverse. It would be unwise to count too heavily on that. But in terms of speculating about what comes next, it's as good a place to start as any.

Don

-

Well, yes, but according to the Schedule the new Safehold was due to be finished about the end of November. It depends how recently he hit this problem. If he was anything like near the Schedule, a recent bump should have been in the next Norfressa one. You can argue it either way, Safehold is due a major shift, but it has been quite a while since Sword of the South and the background arc to that is actually pretty complex too, there is a major 'new' character who has to be of crucial importance in the next book and that might easily not have worked out right first time around. We just don't have enough info to know for sure. Since I'm much more invested in Safehold than Norfressa, I know which one I hope it was. :)

I was originally coming on to ask if anyone had a hint of a title for the next Safehold book yet.

Ah...a title... that would be welcome news of hope of progress, wouldn't it... ;)

Don

-

Return to Safehold