Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

About that voter fraud thing....

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
About that voter fraud thing....
Post by The E   » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 am

The E
Admiral

It's being litigated! And what do you know, it's all turning out to be exactly as bogus and motivated by racism as everyone on the side of reality (which, obviously, is the one opposite Trump and the GOP) thought it was:

Over and over, the claims of voter fraud offered by Kobach and his witnesses collapsed under scrutiny. Kobach asked Tabitha Lehman, the clerk of Sedgwick County, Kansas, to share a spreadsheet showing that 38 noncitizens in the county had registered or attempted to register. But under questioning from the ACLU, Lehman conceded that only five of them had voted over the past two decades, when 1.3 million votes were cast in the county. Kobach has often said that the evidence of fraud he’s uncovered in Kansas is only “the tip of the iceberg.” In his closing argument, Ho said, “The iceberg, on close inspection, Your Honor, it’s more of an ice cube.”
Re: About that voter fraud thing....
Post by dscott8   » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:40 pm

dscott8
Commodore

The sad thing is that radical reactionaries will automatically label this due process of law as a conspiracy to cover up the "TRUTH!!!" that they constantly proclaim, with no real evidence.
Post by smr   » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

That's why Homeland Security is doing an investigation of voter fraud. How is it be done? Who benefits? Who owns the voting machines? Why is illegal to use the Driver license to vote? (Obama went to court to attempt to disqualify the Texas vote during the last election cycle. Hint: a person can tell on license if the person is a US citizen. Ergo...allowed to vote. ) California a person just has to have state license or state id and then automatically allowed to vote. I have friend who owns a avocado farm and the migrants all vote even though they live in another country (mostly Mexico). They get transported to the voting place and than get a free meal afterwards. Now, they are not asked who they voted for but are told which party to vote for before entering the voting facility. I don't know if that violates California stating voting laws or federal voting laws but it is awfully close.

dscott8 wrote:The sad thing is that radical reactionaries will automatically label this due process of law as a conspiracy to cover up the "TRUTH!!!" that they constantly proclaim, with no real evidence.
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Here in San Diego when I go to the office of Voter Registration to vote; I ask for my ballot by giving them my street address. The office does not check that I have an ID that matched my address... I was told it was not required. As I waited there were other individuals asking for their ballots to vote during their lunch hour rather than doing before or after work. The office staff called out my name and another individual stepped forward to take MY ballot. I had to challenge the individual and the staff before I got my ballot. Once again they do not check ID's. ANYONE can go to the Register of Voters office and asked for a ballot by stating any address and they will not be checked. Is their fraud? YES. It has been proved in San Diego county that family members are voting for dead family members who had been voting absentee and have been doing so for years. Is their voter fraud? Yes!
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:56 am

The E
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:Here in San Diego when I go to the office of Voter Registration to vote; I ask for my ballot by giving them my street address. The office does not check that I have an ID that matched my address... I was told it was not required. As I waited there were other individuals asking for their ballots to vote during their lunch hour rather than doing before or after work. The office staff called out my name and another individual stepped forward to take MY ballot. I had to challenge the individual and the staff before I got my ballot. Once again they do not check ID's. ANYONE can go to the Register of Voters office and asked for a ballot by stating any address and they will not be checked. Is their fraud? YES. It has been proved in San Diego county that family members are voting for dead family members who had been voting absentee and have been doing so for years. Is their voter fraud? Yes!

If all that anecdotal evidence amounted to anything real, you'd think it would be presented as precedent or supporting evidence by Korbach, wouldn't you?

Can you explain why it isn't?
Post by pappilon   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:59 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Most of the fraud is conducted from within the courthouse, not at the polls. Speaking from my experience as a Voting commissioner, every candidate on the ballot has a legal right to send a "Poll Watcher" to each and every voting precinct where his/her name appears on the ballot.

Every candidate is sent a certified copy of all registered voters, 6 weeks before the election. Poll watchers have the right to challenge any person trying to vote. Commissioners have the authority to ask for ID, and are required to verify the qualification of any challenged voter.

Any even passably run campaign should have volunteers from the community. Said volunteers should be somewhat familiar with the people in their community. They should know when Juan Hernandez comes in to vote under the name of Carlos Hernandez, that Carlos has been dead for 10 years and that Juan is his grandson, you'd think.

Does voter ID fraud happen? Almost definitely yes. Is it on some Massive level? NOT!

I got my first drivers license in 1965, way before 9/11, obviously. I remember having to bring in my driver's license, my report card, and one parent to apply for a learner's permit.

Now with "Real" ID I have to do dig up my Birth Certificate and do it all over again. All because of some delusional Baby Boomer from Texas that managed to get elected president.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Daryl   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Different country, but possibly some congruence (apart from guns), but here in Australia we have to have our names crossed off the electoral roll before voting, but don't have to show ID. Thus it would be possible for people who were organised to go around the booths voting (either using their own names or known others). Repeated checks show that it is literally a handful nation wide that have done this.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:That's why Homeland Security is doing an investigation of voter fraud.

They constantly do investigations of voter fraud. And they constantly find it happens at miniscule levels.

Guess what they're going to find this time.

How is it be done? Who benefits? Who owns the voting machines? Why is illegal to use the Driver license to vote? (Obama went to court to attempt to disqualify the Texas vote during the last election cycle.

No he did not.... can you make it through one post without making up random nonsense?

There was a challenge to some of the state voting laws, there was no attempt to "disqualify the Texas vote". The challenge was in fact to whether those laws unreasonably hindered lawful voters from being able to vote. It was the exact opposite of trying to disqualify the vote.

And btw, after many years of fighting it in court

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/07/20 ... -voter-id/

Texas Voter ID Law Violates Voting Rights Act, Court Rules

Sooooooo.......?

Hint: a person can tell on license if the person is a US citizen. Ergo...allowed to vote. )

You know how else they can tell if they're allowed to vote? If they're on the freaking voting rolls.

California a person just has to have state license or state id and then automatically allowed to vote. I have friend who owns a avocado farm and the migrants all vote even though they live in another country (mostly Mexico).

And I'm just going to go ahead and call bullshit... if by "live n another country" you mean they are citizens of that country and not the US.

If on the other hand you just mean they are US citizens who happen to be living abroad at the time, they are absolutely allowed to vote in elections. Because they are, you know, AMERICANS.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... oting.html

They get transported to the voting place and than get a free meal afterwards. Now, they are not asked who they voted for but are told which party to vote for before entering the voting facility. I don't know if that violates California stating voting laws or federal voting laws but it is awfully close.

If they are foreign citizens yeah it obviously would violate election laws... if it was happening.... which it is not.

If they are US citizens, it doesn't come anywhere near violating them.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 pm

dscott8
Commodore

smr wrote:.... I have friend who owns a avocado farm and the migrants all vote even though they live in another country (mostly Mexico). They get transported to the voting place and than get a free meal afterwards. Now, they are not asked who they voted for but are told which party to vote for before entering the voting facility. I don't know if that violates California stating voting laws or federal voting laws but it is awfully close.

I have a hard time believing this is true, but if it is, why have you not turned your "friend" in? Or have you? If so, what was the result?
Post by smr   » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

He is not voting illegal. The migrant workers are...he was just relating how they vote and what happens. He is a retired Air Force General and did not vote for Trump or Hillary. One, I just related a story that he told to me and witnessed last election. Two, I have no proof either way because he lives in California and I live in Texas. Three, I would never turn a friend in. If he was doing an illegal activity, I would confront him and ask to stop or change the behavior but their is no chance of me turning someone else in unless they were hurting another person! Less government and more personal accountability that's my personal code of honor. Fourth, the Dem's run the county, control the local police, and are doing the vote buying (allegedly). They are just getting the workers a ride so they can vote. It's run under some nonprofit organization for immigrants and their rights. The nonprofit provides the transportation to and from the voting polls. The local dem's don't provide the transportation and don't provide the free meal. Shady but I don't know if that is illegal in California. It's illegal in Texas. Just ask ACORN. They were forced to disband in Texas.

dscott8 wrote:
smr wrote:.... I have friend who owns a avocado farm and the migrants all vote even though they live in another country (mostly Mexico). They get transported to the voting place and than get a free meal afterwards. Now, they are not asked who they voted for but are told which party to vote for before entering the voting facility. I don't know if that violates California stating voting laws or federal voting laws but it is awfully close.

I have a hard time believing this is true, but if it is, why have you not turned your "friend" in? Or have you? If so, what was the result?

Return to Politics