Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

#TimesUp Movement

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: #TimesUp Movement
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

We are all being punished for the misbehavior of a few. That is the real travesty.

And far too many 'feminists' see that as a good thing. Those Evil Men are guilty, whether they've actually done anything wrong or not, so hang 'em all with the same rope!

That's what happens when the agenda becomes more important than the truth.

Those miscreants deserve to be punished, women deserve protection — but we must have justice, not lynchings.
———————————
Sanity is like anything else — best practiced in moderation.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:We are all being punished for the misbehavior of a few. That is the real travesty.

I would take some issue with this. While I can agree that by now, several innocent and/or misunderstood men may have been accused, to say that all men are being punished is... something of an exaggeration.

Imaginos1892 wrote:And far too many 'feminists' see that as a good thing. Those Evil Men are guilty, whether they've actually done anything wrong or not, so hang 'em all with the same rope!

Again, I would take some issue with this. While some feminists are taking advantage, they are in general the loud micro-minority that some people mistake for the majority.

Imaginos1892 wrote:That's what happens when the agenda becomes more important than the truth.

Yes and no. The agenda is more important than the truth to some of the activists, but historically, any movement that discards truth in favor of political expediency tends to end up at a worse point than it started, assuming that it survives. Most of those in the TimesUp movement seem to be more concerned with preventing abuse than lashing out over it.
I respect that. It's very hard not to lash out at times.
The interesting thing is that with the increase in communication (mainly the internet), it is now harder for would-be abusers to hide in the long term, unlike what happened in the past. *cough*Saville*cough*

Imaginos1892 wrote:Those miscreants deserve to be punished, women deserve protection — but we must have justice, not lynchings.

Now that, I can agree with.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:While some 'feminists' are taking advantage, they are in general the loud micro-minority that some people mistake for the majority.

Yes, they are the loud ones, the ones everybody hears. We are all forced to double-think everything we say and do lest the loud ones jump on something perfectly innocent, start screaming 'SEXIST! RAPIST!' and try to drum up a lynch mob.

They are damaging the cause they claim to support, but they are damaging all of society even more. They should be held to account.
Post by pappilon   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:02 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:While some 'feminists' are taking advantage, they are in general the loud micro-minority that some people mistake for the majority.

Imaginos1892 wrote:Yes, they are the loud ones, the ones everybody hears. We are all forced to double-think everything we say and do lest the loud ones jump on something perfectly innocent, start screaming 'SEXIST! RAPIST!' and try to drum up a lynch mob.

They are damaging the cause they claim to support, but they are damaging all of society even more. They should be held to account.

And in this environment, unfortunately, what should be will probably not for a long time. So Buckle up its gonna be a bumpy ride,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:38 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Yes, they are the loud ones, the ones everybody hears. We are all forced to double-think everything we say and do lest the loud ones jump on something perfectly innocent, start screaming 'SEXIST! RAPIST!' and try to drum up a lynch mob.

And this is how I know you're relying on outrage-driven media to form your opinion on what feminists and feminism are like instead of actually researching what the actual positions are.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:And this is how I know you're relying on outrage-driven media to form your opinion on what feminists and feminism are like instead of actually researching what the actual positions are.

How many people actually take the trouble to do that? For far too many, the outrage-driven media is the beginning and end of what forms their opinions. And of course, the ODM seeks out the most extreme and violent expressions of outrage to fuel their 'message'. Such as glorifying those damned Antifa hoodlums. What those deserve is a good ass-kicking.
———————————
It takes two to make peace. It only takes one to make war.
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:54 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:How many people actually take the trouble to do that? For far too many, the outrage-driven media is the beginning and end of what forms their opinions. And of course, the ODM seeks out the most extreme and violent expressions of outrage to fuel their 'message'. Such as glorifying those damned Antifa hoodlums. What those deserve is a good ass-kicking.

Yeah, see, there you go again, only this time with Antifa.

And the answer to your opening question, obviously, is you have to. Don't be part of the stupid masses who believe that the most stupid or most outrageous people are representative of anything.

It takes two to make peace. It only takes one to make war.

Not being ignorant is a great way to not be the one to make war, you know.
Post by aairfccha   » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:24 pm

aairfccha
Commander

#TimesUp for #MeToo?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5569145/Met-abandons-policy-automatically-believing-rape-complainants.html
(I know it's the Daily Wail but they should get reproduction of a public announcement right)

Scotland Yard is to abandon its policy of automatically believing victims as commissioner Cressida Dick said 'clumsy behaviour between somebody who fancies somebody else' was not a matter for police.

Miss Dick said officers must investigate rather than blindly believe an allegation, and should keep an open mind when a victim has come forward.

[...]

The Metropolitan Police chief, who has been in the role for nearly 12 months, also urged caution when discussing the #MeToo movement, which has highlighted sexual harassment and abuse around the world.

She told the newspaper: 'Speaking as a cop, opposed to a citizen, I'm interested in crime. If it's a long time ago, or it's very trivial, or I'm not likely to get a criminal justice outcome, I'm not going to spend a lot of resources on it.

'And what might be a misunderstanding between two people, clumsy behaviour between somebody who fancies somebody else, is not a matter for the police.'

And of course obviously (to anyone actually using the grey stuff in the skull) the legal fallout of this hysteria is now flooding into the courts.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/metoo-has-led-to-an-asphyxiating-vortex-of-litigation

Return to Free-Range Topics...