Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jontom and 60 guests

Manticore Ascendant

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Manticore Ascendant
Post by Hornblower   » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:24 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Will there be an forth book in this series?
Re: Manticore Ascendant
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Hornblower wrote:Will there be an forth book in this series?

I think so, because the series got a renaming - from Travis Long Trilogy to Manticore Ascendant.
After all, the real event that Manticore made to the star nation we learned about in OBS did not happen yet - the discovery of the Manticore Wormhole Junction.
Post by Hornblower   » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:

I think so, because the series got a renaming - from Travis Long Trilogy to Manticore Ascendant.
After all, the real event that Manticore made to the star nation we learned about in OBS did not happen yet - the discovery of the Manticore Wormhole Junction.

I will then have an exercise in patience (probably at least a year) :D
Post by Theemile   » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Last I heard, a total of 7 books in the series are now under contract or written.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by SYED   » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:29 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

The author claimed he planned on killing Honor in the climatic battle of the series, similar to Nelson. Since he is continuing his main series, Travis might get the epic death scene, as his ship battles the enemy.
Post by Maldorian   » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 am

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

The author claimed he planned on killing Honor in the climatic battle of the series, similar to Nelson. Since he is continuing his main series, Travis might get the epic death scene, as his ship battles the enemy.

Hasn´t someone in this forum wrote, that Alastair got the death scene in that Honor should die?
Post by Theemile   » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Maldorian wrote:

Hasn´t someone in this forum wrote, that Alastair got the death scene in that Honor should die?

Yes, someone had to die for the emotional impact.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by mustangman   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 pm

mustangman
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

all I have to say is I love this new series almost as much as the original Honor Harrington series and I will be anxiously waiting by my computer to snatch the next book just as soon as it is released. Thank you to all the authors and people involved in providing me with such awesome entertainment.
Post by jtg452   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 am

jtg452
Captain of the List

Theemile wrote:

Last I heard, a total of 7 books in the series are now under contract or written.

That translates into 11 or 12 books in the main plot line and, since it's in the Honorverse, at least 2 spin off subplots of 3-4 books each, right? :D :lol:
Post by pappilon   » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:07 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

jtg452 wrote:
Theemile wrote: Last I heard, a total of 7 books in the series are now under contract or written.

That translates into 11 or 12 books in the main plot line and, since it's in the Honorverse, at least 2 spin off subplots of 3-4 books each, right? :D :lol:

I'm too old for this s... er stuff. At 2 years between books and, IDK if book 3 counts as one of the four more or not, I won't live ling enough to see book 7 let alone book 8. Hope hell hath an ereader.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Honorverse