Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Saint Cody's diary

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Saint Cody's diary
Post by Michae   » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:43 am

Michae
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Do you think that we'll ever be able to read a full translation of the Diary of Saint Cody,as I can't seem to find one anywhere in the books? I'd be very interested in knowing exactly what he said that he felt was so important that he had to record it in Spanish,or at least a brief transcript of the most important sections.
Re: Saint Cody's diary
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:19 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Michae wrote:Do you think that we'll ever be able to read a full translation of the Diary of Saint Cody,as I can't seem to find one anywhere in the books? I'd be very interested in knowing exactly what he said that he felt was so important that he had to record it in Spanish,or at least a brief transcript of the most important sections.

I very much doubt it. It would essentially be a prequel novel that doesn't add much to the current situation on Safehold.

It is possible that as passages become relevant to the main story, we'll see those passages or at least allusions to that content.

From a storytelling perspective, St Khody's journal is only relevant as a source of information that isn'at available otherwise; only the specific information it exists to justify ever needs to be revealed in any way. The "rest" of the journal never needs to be written and writing it would take time and attention away from the stories RFC wants to tell.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)

Return to Safehold