Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by The E   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 pm

The E
Admiral

It is quite hilarious that all the republican whining about the deep state guarantees that, if one didn't exist already, it definitely will be soon.
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
cthia wrote:Trouble in paradise? Trump blames son-in-law Jared Kushner for Mueller’s widening Russia probe...

One of my sisters opined months ago that Donald Trump recruiting Ivanka and Jared was going to strain that marriage. She may be right.

And Jared may not even be seeing the underside of the bus yet.

There's a real possibility his own marriage may be strained before this is over.
A lawyer for President Donald Trump arranged a $130,000 payment to a former adult-film star a month before the 2016 election as part of an agreement that precluded her from publicly discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, who spent nearly a decade as a top attorney at the Trump Organization, arranged payment to the woman, Stephanie Clifford, in October 2016 after her lawyer negotiated the nondisclosure agreement with Mr. Cohen, these people said.
Ms. Clifford, whose stage name is Stormy Daniels, has privately alleged the encounter with Mr. Trump took place after they met at a July 2006 celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe, these people said. Mr. Trump married Melania Trump in 2005.

Oops! Melania should strip him to the bone!
gcomeau wrote:My bet would be she already knew.
cthia wrote:That would certainly be a good bet. He'd've had to be a moron not to have told her beforehand, knowing he would seek office—and knowing that seeking office would hang all of his dirty laundry out to dry. (Thus says my sister.)

My question is "at what point" did she become privy? Before or after the election or somewhere in-between? I'm willing to bet it had aplenty to do with her not wanting to move into the White House. Feeling her own home would be more of a firebreak for the heat she and her family would definitely get from it.

It also probably has a lot to do with her abstinence from speaking out against the despicable men in Hollywood and her missing support of the TIMES UP movement. She would come off as a hypocrite. Similar to the scathing backlash Ivanka has been getting after she tweeted her support for the movement. "You don't get to be a part of this. You hypocrite."

Then, of course, did Ivanka know? And at what point did she become privy?
cthia wrote:It really seems like my sister hit the bulls-eye on this one. With the alleged prostitute scandal and all of the occasions the President and First Lady embarrassingly broke with protocol, ending up with her walking alone on several occasions where traditionally they should have been together. Her failing to stand once. The occasion she snatched her arm from him. It's just plain frigid in the White House. A man with such total, outrageous disrespect for women has only a matter of time before he spoils his marriage. Oh, wait. This is not his first spoiled marriage, you say?

It really seems like my sister hit the bulls-eye on this one. With the alleged prostitute scandal and all of the occasions the President and First Lady embarrassingly broke with protocol, ending up with her walking alone on several occasions where traditionally they should have been together. Her failing to stand once. The occasion she snatched her arm from him. It's just plain frigid in the White House. A man with such total, outrageous disrespect for women has only a matter of time before he spoils his marriage. Oh, wait. This is not his first spoiled marriage, you say?

If she's smart, she'll take him for everything he has. Even that ugly toupee.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Starsaber   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:

Guessing he has a prenuptual agreement to avoid that.
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Starsaber wrote:
cthia wrote:

Guessing he has a prenuptual agreement to avoid that.

If he doesn't, he's more of a moron than even I thought. I seriously doubt his previous wife or daughter would have let him make that booboo, though.

But still...love can make you do crazy things. Have you forgotten? Or she could have been smart enough to put conditionals on the clauses. After all, he could seriously damage her reputation in society. And business, since her role in his life has drastically changed.

At any rate, any prenuptial will still land her in good stead.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Don't forget Baron.

If they ever get into a bun fight the courts should go a long way towards looking after him. As they should.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:56 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:It is quite hilarious that all the republican whining about the deep state guarantees that, if one didn't exist already, it definitely will be soon.

IIRC Wasn't the Obama transition team whining about those Bush political appointees managing to secure Civil Service positions in their respective agencies just before the end of Bush's reign? Seems the deep state cuts both ways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Impeach! Impeach! Impeach!

Fake news my ass! Impeach!

Post by pappilon   » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:18 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Impeach! Impeach! Impeach!

Can't possibly happen before the mid term elections, Actually before next january when the new congress gets sworn in. And that assumes the Dems accumulate 60 seats in the Senate.

As long as Trump doesn't alienate the Senate Repblicans, he's safe. OTOH, losing congress or at least the Senate could persuade the surviving GOP senators to dump the chump to protect their jobs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Starsaber   » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 am

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

pappilon wrote:

Can't possibly happen before the mid term elections, Actually before next january when the new congress gets sworn in. And that assumes the Dems accumulate 60 seats in the Senate.

As long as Trump doesn't alienate the Senate Repblicans, he's safe. OTOH, losing congress or at least the Senate could persuade the surviving GOP senators to dump the chump to protect their jobs.

But then we get Pence as president and he scares me almost as much, just in a different way.
Post by Eyal   » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

pappilon wrote:

IINM, due to the seats up this election the Democrats can't reach 60 seats even if they win every one of the elections this midterm.

Return to Politics