Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

I don't know where to put this ...

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
I don't know where to put this ...
Post by Annachie   » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:09 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Re: I don't know where to put this ...
Post by Annachie   » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:24 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The Premier of Victoria, think state govenor, said today that it's OK to have a go at him. It's kind of expected.

But to send him spoilers for The Last Jedi? Too far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:11 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:A thread for, ..., things.

https://www.facebook.com/rebelgirls/pos ... 5422296315

I'm glad you put it. Period. It is an amazing post. Thank you for it. At present time, I am embarrassed for men in America.

Men must be raised properly by their parents. I get embarrassed when the wind accidentally exposes a lady's underthings to me. Even though I had absolutely nothing to do with it. The appalling acts testified to have gone on in America in business and society is unforgivable. Each report leaves me more flabbergasted than the last.

What is even sadder, is that it is supported and perpetrated as well by the President himself. A fact that still stuns me, since he had overwhelming voter support from women. Caucasian women, at least.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Avoid Romaine lettuce for now. Darn, I love the stuff.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Stumbled accross this speach snippet from 1896 Presidential campaign speech.
There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that if you just legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, that their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it.

Back then they had a great name for "Trickle down economics"

"Horse and Sparrow"
If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows

The corollary to that is obvious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote: The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it.

Yes, that is their Good Intention. We've all heard where those lead.

In practice it comes to taking money from those who earn it, and giving it to those that do not. Punishing the ambitious and productive while rewarding the indolent and shiftless.

The ideal of today's Democrats seems to be: Have the government take everything from everybody, and then dole it back out to the 'right' people. With them and their cronies at the front of the line. Weren't the Republicans supposed to be the 'Party Of The Rich'?
———————————
Governments can only print money; they can't make it worth anything.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Sorry Imaginos, you're talking about republicans there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by pappilon   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Annachie wrote: The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it.

Yes, that is their Good Intention. We've all heard where those lead.

In practice it comes to taking money from those who earn it, and giving it to those that do not. Punishing the ambitious and productive while rewarding the indolent and shiftless.

———————————
Governments can only print money; they can't make it worth anything.

The problem is identifying the indolent and the shiftless. Som epeople think those who work at menial jobs are indolent and shiftless, while others think the same of people who woiuld buy a company (Remington Arms0 Saddle it with $1,000,000,000 of debt and walk away with all the cokies are the indolent and shiftless (certainly the more immoral)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

pappilon wrote:The problem is identifying the indolent and the shiftless. Some people think those who work at menial jobs are indolent and shiftless, while others think the same of people who woiuld buy a company (Remington Arms0 Saddle it with $1,000,000,000 of debt and walk away with all the cokies are the indolent and shiftless (certainly the more immoral)

Working at a 'menial' job is not indolent, it's working!

The idle rich are worse than the idle poor. They have no excuse for their indolence. At least we don't have to pay them for doing nothing.

Why is our economy structured to provide the greatest rewards to the least productive? Stock traders produce absolutely nothing.
———————————
Why do so many idiots believe that the way to solve our problems is to keep voting for the same shitheads that caused them?
Post by Daryl   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

We have a current case. A mining magnate bought a big nickle smelting business. Put his nephew in as a puppet CEO, then stripped $300M out with the end result being 1200 workers lost their secure long term jobs and entitlements after the smelter closed. The nephew is living a high life in Bulgaria, uncontactable by interpol yet the media can find him. Meanwhile the original villain is $300M richer and untouchable. Yet if it had been a company bookkeeper who stole say $3000 they would be in prison now.
The laws need to be changed, and in this case retrospectively.

Return to Free-Range Topics...