Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 37 guests

Call to Vengeance: source in UK?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Call to Vengeance: source in UK?
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

I'm enjoying the snippets for this book, so was wondering what would be a good on-line bookseller in the UK.

Amazon.co.uk is saying that it was published in Jan 2017!!! :roll:

[PS good means has it available asap after release and not charging arm & leg for the privilage]
Re: Call to Vengeance: source in UK?
Post by Bluesqueak   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

isaac_newton wrote:I'm enjoying the snippets for this book, so was wondering what would be a good on-line bookseller in the UK.

[PS good means has it available asap after release and not charging arm & leg for the privilage]

Yes, I've noticed that one with Amazon UK and other UK bookstores like Waterstones. I'm wondering if there's some delay in the UK publication.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:37 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

You might try The Book Depository - if I remember correctly, they have free international shipping, too. I checked their catalog and the release date as of now is 6 March of this year. Not sure if this helps or not, but I hope so! :)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:55 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

roseandheather wrote:You might try The Book Depository - if I remember correctly, they have free international shipping, too. I checked their catalog and the release date as of now is 6 March of this year. Not sure if this helps or not, but I hope so! :)

Thanks Rose, I'll probably go that way.

Now over to see if the latest snippet is up...
[rubs hands in anticipation]

Back again: YAY :o :D :o
it's getting really, really exciting.
[i dont read e-arcs for those who might be wondering]
Post by Randomiser   » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

I've always found Amazon.co.uk to do well in the past both on price and delivery with Baen books. The listing for this one is odd however - it looks like it hasn't been updated since when the original 2017 release date got cancelled due to RFCs health and over-commitment problems. Certainly you can't order it there just now. I have just pointed out to them they have the wrong date so this may change.

The Book Depository works fine in the UK for general purchases, but I have never purchased anything newly-published from them so I couldn't comment on their delivery dates or pricing.

Obviously, if you content yourself with an ebook you can buy straight from Baen.
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:09 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Randomiser wrote:I've always found Amazon.co.uk to do well in the past both on price and delivery with Baen books. The listing for this one is odd however - it looks like it hasn't been updated since when the original 2017 release date got cancelled due to RFCs health and over-commitment problems. Certainly you can't order it there just now. I have just pointed out to them they have the wrong date so this may change.

The Book Depository works fine in the UK for general purchases, but I have never purchased anything newly-published from them so I couldn't comment on their delivery dates or pricing.

Obviously, if you content yourself with an ebook you can buy straight from Baen.

Thansk for that - I'm afraid that I'm a dead wood man when it comes to reading :-)
Post by Bluesqueak   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:43 am

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

Amazon UK have finally got the Kindle edition up for preorder.

The dead tree version still has the wrong publication date, but the price seems to have changed, so maybe they're updating details.
Post by Peter2   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

The eARC has been available from Baen Books for some while now, if you're interested.
Post by Rincewind   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

isaac_newton wrote:I'm enjoying the snippets for this book, so was wondering what would be a good on-line bookseller in the UK.

[PS good means has it available asap after release and not charging arm & leg for the privilege]

As far as I am aware Waterstone's should be able to get it for you (& close to the release date too).
If they are not going to be stocking it then order it online or else in your nearest store.

Return to Honorverse