Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Most Americans Don't Trust Trump With Nuclear Authority.

You don't say. I brought that up the minute they swore him in!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Ok GC, do you still think that the Obama Administration was not spying/illegal wiretapping Trump. The FISA memo was just released.

Where exactly? Can't seem to find a copy online.

(I'm going to take a wild guess it's a bunch of half baked conspiracy theories and false statements considering it came from Nunes, but I'll take a look if you point me at it.)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And if this checks out, another blow to the GOP attempts to use fabricated claims of discrediting of the dossier to discredit the investigation...

https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/221376 ... ingen.html

Reportedly, one of the very earliest tips to the FBI was from Dutch Intelligence, who had a Russian government hacking group penetrated six ways from Sunday and saw them launch their attack against the US.

(I'll just wait for Tenshinai to come tell us how this is all BS because Russia is as innocent as the driven snow so clearly the Dutch are in on a conspiracy with the CIA and NSA and FBI to smear Putin or something)
Post by biochem   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Ok GC, do you still think that the Obama Administration was not spying/illegal wiretapping Trump. The FISA memo was just released.

Where exactly? Can't seem to find a copy online.

(I'm going to take a wild guess it's a bunch of half baked conspiracy theories and false statements considering it came from Nunes, but I'll take a look if you point me at it.)

Irregardless of gcomeau's psychic vibes as to content. I couldn't the FISA memo either and if it had been released every major conservative outlet would be leading with it.

What was released was that some IT geek at the FBI was able to recover the missing text messages from two FBI agent who should be demoted to the lowest possible rank and send to chance bank robbers in northern Alaska.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The memo you are looking for is, or was yesterday, on Alex Jones site.

And had little to nothing to do with the headlines that accompanied it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:The memo you are looking for is, or was yesterday, on Alex Jones site.

Actually he didn't have it but claimed he did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediai ... -memo/amp/

Alex Jones is a wild-eyed conspiracy theorist. Most of what he says is a mixture of fact, fiction and delusion. However he is known for occasionally being right i.e. every once in a while one of his conspiracy theories turns out to be accurate. So one can't entirely ignore him.

In some ways the situation reminds me of the Mel Gibson movie conspiracy theory. Although I thought the plot would have been much better if Mel were a cynical con artist deliberately faking conspiracy theories for the cash and then having one of them actually be true than the brain damaged former secret agent he actually played.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:25 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:The memo you are looking for is, or was yesterday, on Alex Jones site.

Alex Jones is a wild-eyed conspiracy theorist. Most of what he says is a mixture of fact, fiction and delusion. However he is known for occasionally being right i.e. every once in a while one of his conspiracy theories turns out to be accurate. So one can't entirely ignore him.

First: Would be very interested to hear what conspiracy theory of Jones was ever right.

Second: NO. We can absolutely ignore a lunatic delusional paranoiac who spends most of his time making things up for the sole purpose of whipping up a mob. That is in fact the responsible thing to do, and it is recklessly irresponsible to give him attention just because once upon a time he might have accidentally said a true thing.
Post by biochem   » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
biochem wrote:

First: Would be very interested to hear what conspiracy theory of Jones was ever right.

Second: NO. We can absolutely ignore a lunatic delusional paranoiac who spends most of his time making things up for the sole purpose of whipping up a mob. That is in fact the responsible thing to do, and it is recklessly irresponsible to give him attention just because once upon a time he might have accidentally said a true thing.

Scary - I actually agree that the description "lunatic delusional paranoiac who spends most of his time making things up for the sole purpose of whipping up a mob" is more or less accurate. I do however prefer to keep an eye on him, although not to the extent of wasting time reading his blog on a routine basis. Remember he is an influential nutcase.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:44 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU5xDRhWsAI14e7.jpg

Due to the status of the Special Counsel's investigation, the parties do not believe that this matter is ready for a sentencing hearing at this time".

In other words... Flynn's plea deal involved him getting a break on his sentence commensurate with his contribution to the investigation.... and Trump's former National security Advisor is STILL in the process of spilling his guts and contributing materially to the investigation so they're not ready to take his full contribution into consideration in his sentencing.

(But remember, this is all a "nothingburger")
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:43 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Ok, this is getting beyond seriously concerning.

Beyond the GOP refusing to listen to either the DOJ or FBI about the perils of of leaking classified intel, beyond the naked partisan propagandizing of voting to release Nunes' memo in the name of transparency while simultaneously voting to suppress the minority memo rebutting it... the two latest developments:

1. Nunes is refusing to say whether the White House was involved in drafting the memo, which is a difference between already extremely shady political game playing and actively conspiring with the targets of an active investigation to attack and undermine the investigators.

2. The minority members of the House Intel committee just discovered that after the committee voted to authorize releasing the memo Nunes secretly altered it before sending it to the White House. So he sent them a memo the committee had NOT authorized to be released.

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/statu ... 0469464064

When does it cross the line Trump supporters? Do you even *have* a line???

Return to Politics