Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Book 8??

Set in the Starfire strategy game universe, co-authored by David and Steve White, these novels feature the clash of the Terran Federation, the cat-like Orions, the genocidal Rigelians, and the "Bugs"...join us in the discussion!
Book 8??
Post by TFN Marine 1   » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 am

TFN Marine 1
Midshipman

So I just started Imperative and came across a review stating the book ends in a cliffhanger. I have been searching high and low for information on book 8 since I don't want to get stuck with a cliffhanger and get George RR Martined. Anything? Anyone? I notice this forum hasn't been used in a while so I hope maybe someone will take pitty on me. The only information I have thus located is an out of date post stating Charles Gannon was contracted for a book 8. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Re: Book 8??
Post by munroburton   » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:21 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Imperative was only published earlier this year and David Weber's involvement with the series appears to have ended back in 2005, after the Stars at War II omnibus(containing the Shiva Option and Insurrection plus 20,000 words of previously cut content) was published.

All I can find is a blog post in 2013 stating that Gannon had been contracted to write Imperative and Oblivion. And a Reddit from about seven months ago in which he says "OTOH, watch for the next book--Oblivion--for much more about...[snip to remove spoilers from Imperative]". The Reddit was focusing more on his Caine Riordan series and...

CharlesEGannon wrote:I have many other projects planned. I’ll be rolling out a genre-bending epic fantasy, the Broken World trilogy, in the not too distant future. There's a dark mythology/secret history series, the first book of which is "Corrigan Saw It Die", that is making the rounds right now. Another one is something I (mistakenly) labeled "steam punk" when it is really a Victorian-Edwardian alternate history based on alternate science--wherein the one change in science (or rather the divergence point for all that follows) is the Michaelson-Morley experiment.

It's impossible to tell, as there is a five year gap between Extremis and Imperative's publications. An eARC could be out in March 2017. Or not. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

You could try asking him or his agent directly with http://charlesegannon.com/wp/contact-us/
Post by TFN Marine 1   » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:09 am

TFN Marine 1
Midshipman

Well thanks for the info I guess I'll just have to keep my ear to the ground.
Post by theophilus   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:35 pm

theophilus
Midshipman

Next book, Oblivion, no release date.
Post by ywing14   » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 am

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

theophilus wrote:Next book, Oblivion, no release date.

the eARC is out right now.

Return to Starfire