Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Meryl Streep Calls Out Melania, Ivanka Trump for Silence About Sexual Misconduct.

I knew this was coming. My sisters, all of them, have been ranting about the silence of the women in Trump's household. Why won't they speak up about has happened, is happening to women in America! It is the one speech that is purposed for the First Lady and Daughter!

It is because it is kind of hard to talk support for the despicable activity when the President, your husband, your father, is a center stage perpetrator.

Trump made indecency fashionable. And the overwhelming majority of white women voting for him stamped it APPROVED!

Any statement from the White House women would be pissing in the wind.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:40 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://www.axios.com/axios-am-2522224225.html

Michael Wolff has tapes to back up quotes in his incendiary book — dozens of hours of them.

Among the sources he taped, I'm told, are Bannon and former White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh.

Oh this is going to be entertaining.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Also, Trump is now so afraid to face the press personally instead of just ranting at them on twitter that he just video conferenced into the press briefing room to make a statement.

He is at the White House. Down the hall. He had them set up a video conference to project him into a room DOWN THE HALL.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:https://www.axios.com/axios-am-2522224225.html

Michael Wolff has tapes to back up quotes in his incendiary book — dozens of hours of them.

Among the sources he taped, I'm told, are Bannon and former White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh.

Oh this is going to be entertaining.

Methinks there's cause to update the Guiness Book of POTUS records.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:49 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

In the sheer flood of general corrupt conduct going on this slipped in under the radar.

Apparently Trump personally interviewed the US attorney appointees for the districts that have jurisdiction over the Trump organization in New York, and jurisdiction over DC where most complaints against him while he's president would be deal with.

In other words, the US attorneys who would be responsible for prosecuting him or his family business if charges were leveled.

That is NOT normal. There is a principle of independence of law enforcement from the executive for a damn reason. Even giving the appearance of exerting undue influence over prosecutors erodes the system.

Take a wild guess why Trump, who I guarantee isn't running around personally interviewing all the other lower level government appointees, would feel compelled to personally and highly unethically influence those specific appointments.

They ended up installing Rudi Giuliani's law partner in New York. Oh yeah, any complaints against the Trump org are sure to be given fair and objective investigation now. :roll:

But let me guess, our resident Trump apologists think having an issue with this is "Liberal hysteria".
Post by biochem   » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:In the sheer flood of general corrupt conduct going on this slipped in under the radar.

Apparently Trump personally interviewed the US attorney appointees for the districts that have jurisdiction over the Trump organization in New York, and jurisdiction over DC where most complaints against him while he's president would be deal with.

In other words, the US attorneys who would be responsible for prosecuting him or his family business if charges were leveled.

That is NOT normal. There is a principle of independence of law enforcement from the executive for a damn reason. Even giving the appearance of exerting undue influence over prosecutors erodes the system.

Take a wild guess why Trump, who I guarantee isn't running around personally interviewing all the other lower level government appointees, would feel compelled to personally and highly unethically influence those specific appointments.

They ended up installing Rudi Giuliani's law partner in New York. Oh yeah, any complaints against the Trump org are sure to be given fair and objective investigation now. :roll:

But let me guess, our resident Trump apologists think having an issue with this is "Liberal hysteria".

Giuliani was an early Trump supporter. Therefore just like every other politician in existence Trump rewards supporters.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:In the sheer flood of general corrupt conduct going on this slipped in under the radar.

Giuliani was an early Trump supporter. Therefore just like every other politician in existence Trump rewards supporters.

Way to completely ignore the entire central issue here.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
Way to completely ignore the entire central issue here.

Did you honestly expect anything else?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 am

gcomeau
Admiral

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capita ... ssion=true

I think this makes something like item 586 of the Trump admin that would have been the biggest scandal of the Obama presidency if he had done it.
Post by biochem   » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:27 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/trump-administration-waives-punishment-convicted-banks-including-deutsche-which?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

I think this makes something like item 586 of the Trump admin that would have been the biggest scandal of the Obama presidency if he had done it.

Obama issued a waiver to 5 banks. Trump renewed the waiver for the same 5 banks. He just did the same exact thing that Obama did but for slightly longer so he doesn't have to waste time renewing it so frequently. He didn't do anything special, this is just Washington DC business as usual. Frankly he probably didn't care much about it. Likely someone from commerce walked it over and said sign here to renew.

Return to Politics