Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by The E   » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 am

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Or a simple statement of fact. The North Korean Nutjob might have five or six atomic bombs. We've still got 10,000. And ours work, unlike theirs.

That's how you have to treat a spoiled child. (no, not Trump)

Sure. Telling a spoiled child that you have more toys than them is a definitively proven technique that will always cause said spoiled child to reconsider their life and become a better person.

....What sort of delusions are you Trumpets operating under?
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:32 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

From a distance I just wonder as to what can Trump do that will cause some of his rusted on supporters to reconsider? Virtually every day he behaves like the uncle that everyone "accidentally" forgets to invite to family gatherings, or at work the loud guy in the mail room, who wonders why he is stuck in a menial low paid job.
His behaviour is repeatedly beyond the pale, yet while most people shudder some seem to lap it up. Just can't figure it out.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:So in 2017 nobody died in a commercial airline accident.

Trump hears this, and declares on Twitter that he has been "very strict on commercial aviation" so good news! No deaths this year!

He tried to take credit for airline safety records.

His first year in office.

(This is a GLOBAL airline safety statistic by the way.)

When he has done LITERALLY NOTHING about airline safety. Not domestically and sure as hell not globally. The only thing I can think of is a promised *loosening* of regulations that ensure safety as part of his general infantile "regulation bad, slash slash slash!!!!" shtick.

He's pathological.

Trump election plan 2020: troll gcomeau and fellow leftists until their heads explode, thereby reducing the % leftists in the electorate.

Har har har.... but you do realize Th E is right? This is the only defense you can ever muster of his conduct... deflection.

You can't possibly not comprehend how bad this is. Not unless you're living ensconced in some kind of sensory deprivation chamber with the only outside link being to this forum.

I recall a great deal of Conservative concern and outrage over "Benghazi". That incident like 8 different Republican led investigations found absolutely NOTHING on. Remember that?

Now the President of the United States is someone the US intelligence community is highly confident was elected with Russian assistance.

MULTIPLE allied nations intelligence communities have thrown out warnings it was welcome assistance.

That president is a habitual liar, lies literally every single day he makes a public statement. Big lies and small. He is the personification of what Orwell warned of in 1984.

He has used Twitter to call on the Justice Department to attack and imprison his political enemies.

He has attacked any elements in his own Justice Department he perceives to be less than willing to go along with his attempt to suborn the independence of the law enforcement arm of the government from the executive, and made public on the record statements that he has "the absolute right to do whatever he wants with the Justice Department".

He has made public calls for known witnesses in the investigation against him to be investigated by congress and law enforcement in blatant acts of witness intimidation.

He is constantly fueling attacks designed to undermine the confidence of the US citizenry in their own law enforcement and intelligence services for NO REASON except that he is under serious investigation by those services.

The one class of people he consistently compliments for "strong leadership" are authoritarian dictators... he praised Duterte for the "great job" he was doing on his crime problem, that "great job" consisting of using extra-judicial death squads.

He has alienated allies and undermined long held alliances. He blew up any chance at a Mideast peace process on some stupid grandstanding whim. He has effectively ceded the US leadership role in global politics to allow China and Russia to begin moving into the vacuum.

And this list could go on and on and on and on and on....

And your reaction?

"Hee hee hee.... he's making liberals mad. Also he cut rich people's taxes and signed his name when someone shoved Gorsuch's name in front of him. Bonus points, he's hostile to immigrants! I'm totally content!"

I ask this in all seriousness, and I include Peter in this question. What is wrong with you? How do you justify in your mind the "omg the Republic will be horribly damaged if someone there are debunked internet conspiracy theories about gets elected president" reaction to Clinton, and then turn a blind eye to all of THIS? 10 times worse than anything you even dreamed up about Clinton, and this actually real?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:42 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Ok, the level of disturbing in this entire situation just keeps increasing.

After a year of dragging their feet and refusing to seriously investigate the Russian issue two GOP senators have finally made a criminal recommendation to the DOJ.

They want Christopher Steele investigated.

Not ANYONE even hypothetically linked to the actual Russia problem, no one of the guys who warned the FBI there was a problem.

Someone who had a long highly respected and distinguished career with British intelligence.

Someone who came forward to the FBI on his own because he saw a threat to an ally.

Someone the FBI respects and takes seriously.

Someone there is NO apparent cause for investigating at all. Except, of course, the GOPs desperate need to try and discredit the entire investigation before Mueller can finish it.

So what do they do? They send a *classified* referral to the DOJ saying Steele should be criminally investigated, allowing nobody to see what the hell they are trying to claim he should be investigated for, but make the fact that there was a criminal referral an unclassified public memo so they can use it for PR.

The entire Dossier he produced is in public hands. Hard to imagine what they could possibly seriously be claiming needs to be classified about their accusations against him.

They not only did not seek the approval of any Democratic members of their committees for making this referral, they didn't even tell them what they were doing.

This is a coordinated campaign to undercut confidence in the FBI and the intelligence community's counter intelligence efforts and criminal investigation. Plain and simple. In defense of Trump, everything else is fair game to be burned to the ground.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

So this is why North Korea's last missile launch bombed its own city.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:23 am

gcomeau
Admiral

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5074736129

The President of The United States wrote that.

Not a 12 yr old mean girl. The President of The United States.

Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:32 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Either,
A: Bannon cried and begged for his job back;
B: President Trump doesn't expecy to be around for the 2020 election;
Or C: He doesn't want to win the 2020 election.

Or a combination of A and one of the other two.

After all, why would he say that about the propagandist who got him elected otherwise.

Hell, even before the mid terms will be damaging enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:24 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Wow...

Just... wow.

If he wasn't such a completely contemptible excuse for a human being this would be pathetic enough for me to feel sorry for him. As it is it just makes me feel even more embarassed on America's behalf.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9463615489

Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.....

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....

....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

It's like an insecure 12 year old with inferiority and persecution complexes stole the President of the United States phone and is whining to the country about how unfair life is. This is a GREAT way to show the country what an ultra stable super genius he is!

:roll:
Post by The E   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 pm

The E
Admiral

Also, fun fact: This was not Donald's "first try" at the presidency. You'd think someone smart wouldn't forget such things.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:Also, fun fact: This was not Donald's "first try" at the presidency.

...wait. What?
Okay, as a Brit, I have to ask? When did the Orange Comb-over run before?
And against whom?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics