Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:59 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

If anybody's wondering where I am in this thread, the answer is "watching eagerly with a gigantic bowl of popcorn". :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Vince   » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:25 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:If anybody's wondering where I am in this thread, the answer is "watching eagerly with a gigantic bowl of popcorn". :lol:
Have a big bag. Image
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Timer   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Timer
Midshipman

I am not sure this thread is still open but I would like to put my two cents in. There is an Chinese actress from, Taiwan actually, her name is shu Qi. She is a great actress and does great martial arts scenes. I think she would be perfect, she is tall athletic and Chinese.
Post by Henry Brown   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

I do not know if she can act, because she is a singer and not an actress. *BUT* if she can act then there is a Dutch heavy metal singer named Floor Jansen. She is 6' 1", natural brown hair, and has an athletic build.
Post by Theemile   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:I do not know if she can act, because she is a singer and not an actress. *BUT* if she can act then there is a Dutch heavy metal singer named Floor Jansen. She is 6' 1", natural brown hair, and has an athletic build.

How about Gwen Christie of Game of Thrones/Star wars? She's a 6'3" former Gymnast. we just need to darken that gold mop of hers.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by ldwechsler   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:52 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Theemile wrote:
Henry Brown wrote:I do not know if she can act, because she is a singer and not an actress. *BUT* if she can act then there is a Dutch heavy metal singer named Floor Jansen. She is 6' 1", natural brown hair, and has an athletic build.

How about Gwen Christie of Game of Thrones/Star wars? She's a 6'3" former Gymnast. we just need to darken that gold mop of hers.

Again, I might take Mark Damon in drag in order to get a series. But really, there's no point in picking people. If a show should be made, they'll put in who they want and if the show is decent we will embrace her.
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:How about Gwen Christie of Game of Thrones/Star wars? She's a 6'3" former Gymnast. we just need to darken that gold mop of hers.

How about casting her as Alice Truman, and no dye needed.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Theemile   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Theemile wrote:How about Gwen Christie of Game of Thrones/Star wars? She's a 6'3" former Gymnast. we just need to darken that gold mop of hers.

How about casting her as Alice Truman, and no dye needed.
I've never pictured Alice as over 6' and able to beat a man senseless with just 1 thumb.

but whatever gets the movie made!
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:I've never pictured Alice as over 6' and able to beat a man senseless with just 1 thumb.

I've never pictured her as petite. The only really defining characteristic I remember from textev is "Blonde, with blond hunks for staff officers."
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by dscott8   » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:31 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Since this thread has been re-awakened, I have a suggestion for Queen Elizabeth III: Jasmine Breinburg. You may remember her as the girl who lost her phone in the 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony. Since getting that big break, she has done some serious acting.

Return to Honorverse