Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Take a break with Hitsville

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Take a break with Hitsville
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Harden My Heart Quarterflash

The saxophone was like her magic wand.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Check out Williams Avenue, from the same album.

Listening to it right now...
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Check out Williams Avenue, from the same album.

Listening to it right now...

I absolutely adore the band. I saw them perform several times in the States, Canada and the U.K.

My second favorite song of theirs is..

Take Me To Heart Quarterflash

It's that magic sax again, that makes you want to marry her.

The band is still touring.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dscott8   » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:00 am

dscott8
Commodore

Michelle Shocked's "On The Greener Side".

https://vimeo.com/99291600
Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

What About Love "Til Tuesday

Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

What About Love Heart

Alone Heart

All I wanna Do Is Make Love To You Heart

The Incomparable Heart. More girls show up at their concert than a dollar sale on Jimmy Choos could ever hope to pull in! One of my most memorable concerts ever! Although I can't possibly remember how many times I've seen them.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries passed away. She had one of the most beautiful and unique voices in history. Such a sensual, beautiful Irish lilt that can wring tears from your eyes and honey from your heart. She shall be sorely missed but warmly remembered...

Linger

Ode To My Family

Dreams

Zombie

Sing for the angels in heaven Dolores.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:https://youtu.be/By0AOWGE89U

Die Yuppy Die by Painters and Dockers.

I'd love to post clasic This Is Serious Mum, but their good stuff was in the 1990's.

Music from any era is fine for this thread, as long as they were big hits. I post mostly older stuff because that's when music was, well, music. On that note...

Harvest Moon Neil Young.

Post by The E   » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:44 pm

The E
Admiral

Oooh, a music thread! Nice!

But I'm just gonna ignore the "must be a big hit" stipulation; being popular and being good are, as we all know, not synonymous.

Also, while one should definitely always appreciate the classics, there's so much new stuff out there that is also worthy of consideration that one should maintain a healthy exposure to it lest one develops such silly notions as "music isn't music anymore".

That being said, let me start you off with what is one of the best classic hard rock bands currently playing: BAND-MAID.
They're cute. They're japanese. They're absolutely amazing musicians.
BAND-MAID - Domination
BAND-MAID - Daydreaming

Close to them in the classic hard rock genre: Alter Bridge, proof that even a stint in Creed can't hurt things.
Alter Bridge - Addicted to Pain
Alter Bridge - Cry of Achilles

But that's classic stuff. What about something more modern?
Like, for example, rap rock. That was large once, and then disappeared, but thankfully, it never went away. So have some Fire from the Gods:
Fire from the Gods - End Transmission
Fire from the Gods - The Voiceless

Swinging back to Japan for a moment, here's Wagakki Band ready to blow your mind with some really cool rock/traditional japanese fusion thing:
Wagakki Band - Senbonzakura
Wagakki Band - Ikusa

Wait that sounded like anime are you YES I AM
JAM Project - THE HERO!!
Yoko Kanno/The Seatbelts - Tank!

Sorry about that (am totally not)

You know what also used to be huge? Synth Pop. You know what's actually kinda bad? Synth Pop.
Except not, of course.
CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue
CHVRCHES - Leave A Trace

Same goes for Goth:
The Birthday Massacre - Superstition
The Birthday Massacre - Down
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The E wrote:Oooh, a music thread! Nice!

But I'm just gonna ignore the "must be a big hit" stipulation; being popular and being good are, as we all know, not synonymous.

Also, while one should definitely always appreciate the classics, there's so much new stuff out there that is also worthy of consideration that one should maintain a healthy exposure to it lest one develops such silly notions as "music isn't music anymore".

That being said, let me start you off with what is one of the best classic hard rock bands currently playing: BAND-MAID.
They're cute. They're japanese. They're absolutely amazing musicians.
BAND-MAID - Domination
BAND-MAID - Daydreaming

Close to them in the classic hard rock genre: Alter Bridge, proof that even a stint in Creed can't hurt things.
Alter Bridge - Addicted to Pain
Alter Bridge - Cry of Achilles

But that's classic stuff. What about something more modern?
Like, for example, rap rock. That was large once, and then disappeared, but thankfully, it never went away. So have some Fire from the Gods:
Fire from the Gods - End Transmission
Fire from the Gods - The Voiceless

Swinging back to Japan for a moment, here's Wagakki Band ready to blow your mind with some really cool rock/traditional japanese fusion thing:
Wagakki Band - Senbonzakura
Wagakki Band - Ikusa

Wait that sounded like anime are you YES I AM
JAM Project - THE HERO!!
Yoko Kanno/The Seatbelts - Tank!

Sorry about that (am totally not)

You know what also used to be huge? Synth Pop. You know what's actually kinda bad? Synth Pop.
Except not, of course.
CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue
CHVRCHES - Leave A Trace

Same goes for Goth:
The Birthday Massacre - Superstition
The Birthday Massacre - Down

I appreciate the post. I really like Band-Maid. 'Course, I've always had a weakness for girl bands.

I like Wagakki band as well. Their sound reminds me of the band playing in Kill Bill, part 2?

I also really like CHVRCHES. Their sound reminds me of another band of the 80's I can't quite put a finger on at the moment. Maybe Blondie with Debbi Harry?

I've never liked anime and its weird sound. Except "Cat Girl Nuku Nuku." ::googoo eyes::

Oh! I forgot. My apology for following the inexorable path of turning into our parents who always wanted to know what that hideous noise of the day was we teenagers were always playing.

Return to Free-Range Topics...