Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by pappilon   » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:Speaking as an outsider, but a citizen of a country that is a US ally, you have just said what is wrong with the US's approach in this world.
The US overall has been a positive force in the world, but they can be an ignorant bully as well. The whole waterboarding and Guantanamo circus is a good example. How can the US complain now if some third world country captures and tortures a GI. They have set the rules implying that it is ok.
The nuke them back to 1953 bit exemplifies what has happened in Iraq and Afghanistan, easy to use superior firepower to kill people and break their things, but it does leave a mess that comes back to bite you.

White Men can't jump. Black Presidents can't negotiate. Trump is just out to get everybody a better deal than That Black Guy could. Iran has no negotiating position. They agree to our terms or we nuke them back to 1953. :roll:[/quote][/quote]

1953 was/is a crucial year in US/Iran relations. It was the year we (CIA under Alan W,Dulles) regime-changed heir first democratically elected Prime Minister. The GOP has a long history of creating solutions to problems that do not exist only to have the solution become the next big problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Joat42   » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:38 am

Joat42
Admiral

pappilon wrote:..snip..
1953 was/is a crucial year in US/Iran relations. It was the year we (CIA under Alan W,Dulles) regime-changed heir first democratically elected Prime Minister. The GOP has a long history of creating solutions to problems that do not exist only to have the solution become the next big problem.

I'm struggling to find one example where the US meddled with a countries elected leadership which hasn't gone to shit afterwards and destabilized that part of the world in some sense.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Joat, Australia. Though in our case the US was actually subtle about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:08 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Joat, Australia. Though in our case the US was actually subtle about it.

OMG I never found any link to regime change in Australia. I emember something about ANZUS but can't remember if it was NZ or you that told the US prez not to base a nuclear armed sub there and it was done anyway.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Daryl   » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The nuclear ban was New Zealand.
I believe Annachie is referring to "The Dismissal" when the first progressive government was elected in decades, and changed many things. One was to stay a US ally but not unquestionably. The US controled press went ballistic, and there was much done behind the scenes to overthrow the government. No actual violence to people, but much to our political system.

pappilon wrote:
Annachie wrote:Joat, Australia. Though in our case the US was actually subtle about it.

OMG I never found any link to regime change in Australia. I emember something about ANZUS but can't remember if it was NZ or you that told the US prez not to base a nuclear armed sub there and it was done anyway.
Post by pappilon   » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:The nuclear ban was New Zealand.
I believe Annachie is referring to "The Dismissal" when the first progressive government was elected in decades, and changed many things. One was to stay a US ally but not unquestionably. The US controled press went ballistic, and there was much done behind the scenes to overthrow the government. No actual violence to people, but much to our political system.

pappilon wrote: OMG I never found any link to regime change in Australia. I emember something about ANZUS but can't remember if it was NZ or you that told the US prez not to base a nuclear armed sub there and it was done anyway.

Yep,that's our government. Spreading democracy throughout the world ... but only so long as it gets the results we want. Which pretty much means a Conservativeone consistently, regardless of the Party controlling the WH at the time.

Thank God Trump is fixing that, but that's a post for another topic.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Annachie   » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I was 8ish when it happened.

Mostly I it remember from this, which was 6 years later.

https://youtu.be/jp7fzbnT9jk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:31 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:I was 8ish when it happened.

Mostly I it remember from this, which was 6 years later.

https://youtu.be/jp7fzbnT9jk

Clip was hilarious. Too bad US media don't have the imagination orthe creativity to do something like this.

Leave it to the CIA to get things totally wrong ... yet again.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

On the same day Russia took advantage of a loophole in Interpol oversight to get Bill Browder's name added to an international watch list (after Interpol rejected their attempts the last 4 times they tried to use it as a political weapon) the US apparently revoked Browder's visa status.

This is the human rights advocate that was a big part of getting the Magnitsky act passed....

Way to not look like you're in Putin's pocket Trump administration... :roll:
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump is almost a month over a *legislatively established deadline* to enact additional Russia sanctions for their interference in the election, and is doing everything but sticking his fingers in his ears and singing "LALALALA I Can't Hear You" to ignore every attempt by the Senate to ask him when he's going to do his job.

Yeah, this doesn't reinforce the idea he's in Putin's pocket.... not at all... :roll:

Return to Politics