Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

What do we want to see in the next book?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
What do we want to see in the next book?
Post by iranuke   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:08 pm

iranuke
Commander

Well, if I have read the schedule that himself posted a few months ago, the fan of celery should be working on the next Safehold book now. What would we like to see, or what loose ends would we like tied up?

For myself I am curious as to what happened to Harchong, the Mighty Host and Earl Rainbow Waters. I'm somewhat curious as to weather they have seen the need for diesel yet (if they can cast a 10" rifle, they have the expertise to cast a diesel engine block.)
Re: What do we want to see in the next book?
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Personally, I want to see more data about the War against the Fallen... especially why some "Demons" thought that Alexandria was destroyed NOT by Langhorne but by Chichiro? What exactly happened in short time period between the last conference of command staff and Kau-Yung final move?
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by n7axw   » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I hope we get the great reveal and the 1000 year visit by the archangels out of the way along with resolving the problem that the OBS represents.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:29 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Well, I suspect RFC has begun the next Safehold arc. I further suspect that the next book begins in a society experiencing a golden age of enterprise and intellectual discovery. I really hope to see an eARC around Christmas. I doubt RFC makes the November deadline, but he might make the end of December. An eARC by early -mid January would be super.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Words. Lots of words.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by PlaysWithBees   » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 am

PlaysWithBees
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

In OAR, Pei Kau-yung stated “Besides myself, only one other person knows of your existence, and he and I have an appointment with Administrator Langhorne ...” We still don’t know who that other person was or if he actually made it to the appointment or was possibly instrumental in the resistance that lead to the War of the Fallen... or even set up his own additional “string”.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:01 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Or, if we assume that it wasnt Langhorne who launched the Alexandria attack - it may be the actual puppeteer, who provoked the whole mess. We actually don't know, does Kay-Yung trust this person, or decided to eliminate him as possible traitor?
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by McGuiness   » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

1) Get the return of the Archangels out of the way

2) Blow up or gain control of the OBS and put an end to the Proscriptions. Yeah, getting rid of the Proscriptions may take generations, plus it runs afoul of a church not being "heretical. However, without the OBS threatening to smash you out of existence, making the great reveal and introducing Terran Federation high tech becomes possible.

3) Sit back and watch the internecine wars within the CoGA as various countries rebel against the reforms. That's gonna get ugly! :shock:

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.
Post by NervousEnergy   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:04 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

PeterZ wrote:Well, I suspect RFC has begun the next Safehold arc. I further suspect that the next book begins in a society experiencing a golden age of enterprise and intellectual discovery. I really hope to see an eARC around Christmas. I doubt RFC makes the November deadline, but he might make the end of December. An eARC by early -mid January would be super.

Unfortunately Safehold is written for Tor, and they're not enlightened yet by the Ways of the eARC. You'll have to troll eBay for physical ARCs like in the old days.

The total radio silence from the MWW does tend to indicate he's hard at work at it. When he's really engaged and feeling good he can put words down like only a couple of other people in the business. I'm with you, though, that end of November probably isn't likely. Plus I don't think we have any data at all about where or even if Tor has scheduled it. The last time the MWW talked about contracts I thought he'd indicated he had an 8 book deal with Tor, and he's already gone past that. How many more is he going to write? They're selling pretty well from what I remember so I'm sure Tor will buy as many as he wants to do.
Post by n7axw   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:13 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

NervousEnergy wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Well, I suspect RFC has begun the next Safehold arc. I further suspect that the next book begins in a society experiencing a golden age of enterprise and intellectual discovery. I really hope to see an eARC around Christmas. I doubt RFC makes the November deadline, but he might make the end of December. An eARC by early -mid January would be super.

Unfortunately Safehold is written for Tor, and they're not enlightened yet by the Ways of the eARC. You'll have to troll eBay for physical ARCs like in the old days.

The total radio silence from the MWW does tend to indicate he's hard at work at it. When he's really engaged and feeling good he can put words down like only a couple of other people in the business. I'm with you, though, that end of November probably isn't likely. Plus I don't think we have any data at all about where or even if Tor has scheduled it. The last time the MWW talked about contracts I thought he'd indicated he had an 8 book deal with Tor, and he's already gone past that. How many more is he going to write? They're selling pretty well from what I remember so I'm sure Tor will buy as many as he wants to do.

I had the impression it was for 12 books... Does anyone have any info to deny or confirm :?:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Safehold