Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am

gcomeau
Admiral

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 92521.html

"Donald Trump challenges Rex Tillerson to IQ test amid reports Secretary of State called him a 'moron'"

This is real life. That's the president of the United States talking like he's in a pissing contest with another 6 year old on the playground that called him names. And the other 6 year old is his own Secretary of State.

(Someone please make Trump and Tillerson actually take an IQ test publicly and compare. Oh, the hilarity...)
Post by Annachie   » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The President attended an Executive Order signing ceremony, and left before signing it.

Not a big deal, I agree.

Except that aparently he's done it twice before.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:07 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It is obvious to me that there was Russian interference in the election. One simply has to open ones eyes to see it. Surely enough, in this case, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Look at all of the better than circumstantial evidence. Why else would Russia spend that much money on 3,000+ American ads?

Then there are the Twitter accounts.

And the story just keeps on going.

Temper it all with this and your eyes should see, lest completely blind and naively jaded. American citizens used to be a little less gullible.

What is also obvious to me, is that even if evidence is found, chances are good that the American people will never be told. It taints the election process too much and if the American people lose faith in the system, it fails. Much more so than the Recount fiasco ever threatened to do. The truth will never come out. But if one has eyes, one sees.

I have never understood standing behind ones choice of presidents out of sheer arrogance and pride, but this is much bigger than any president, or ones pride.

Wake up and smell the tainted coffee. And the tainted beans.

There is no shame in placing country above party.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pappilon   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:45 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:It is obvious to me that there was Russian interference in the election. One simply has to open ones eyes to see it. Surely enough, in this case, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Look at all of the better than circumstantial evidence. Why else would Russia spend that much money on 3,000+ American ads?

Then there are the Twitter accounts.

And the story just keeps on going.

Temper it all with this and your eyes should see, lest completely blind and naively jaded. American citizens used to be a little less gullible.

What is also obvious to me, is that even if evidence is found, chances are good that the American people will never be told. It taints the election process too much and if the American people lose faith in the system, it fails. Much more so than the Recount fiasco ever threatened to do. The truth will never come out. But if one has eyes, one sees.

I have never understood standing behind ones choice of presidents out of sheer arrogance and pride, but this is much bigger than any president, or ones pride.

Wake up and smell the tainted coffee. And the tainted beans.

There is no shame in placing country above party.

Barry Goldwater wrote: I would remind you that extemism in the defense of Liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation kin the pursuit of Justice is no virtue.

Losing faith in the election system is the last bit. We are losing faith in the entire system, Trump's election is proof of that. The economy has failed us, government has failed us, society has failed us. Trump is severing the last remnants of "the social contract" or at least his budget and tax reform measures would if passed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:48 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

News today that an un-named Australian has bet A $120,000 on President Trump to be re-elected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Losing faith in the election system is the last bit. We are losing faith in the entire system, Trump's election is proof of that. The economy has failed us, government has failed us, society has failed us.

I agree with you. He is a symptom not a cause.

The mainstream politicians (both parties) would be better served by trying to fix this problem than by wasting energy, hating Trump.
Post by biochem   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:News today that an un-named Australian has bet A $120,000 on President Trump to be re-elected.

If the Democrats keep going the way they are currently headed, that is exactly what is going to happen.

Republicans voters are currently happier with Trump than with the establishment Republicans and as long as that is true, a primary challenge is not going to work. (They'd be better of working on fixing their relationship with their own voters than spending all their time hating Trump.)
Post by The E   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 am

The E
Admiral

biochem wrote:Republicans voters are currently happier with Trump than with the establishment Republicans and as long as that is true, a primary challenge is not going to work. (They'd be better of working on fixing their relationship with their own voters than spending all their time hating Trump.)

If true, this is conclusive proof that republican voters should not be trusted with sharp objects, financial decisions or the operation of mechanical tools.
Post by biochem   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:
biochem wrote:Republicans voters are currently happier with Trump than with the establishment Republicans and as long as that is true, a primary challenge is not going to work. (They'd be better of working on fixing their relationship with their own voters than spending all their time hating Trump.)

If true, this is conclusive proof that republican voters should not be trusted with sharp objects, financial decisions or the operation of mechanical tools.

1. Trump isn't great but he isn't nearly as bad as the leftist mainstream media is alleging

2. This actually is more reflective of dissatisfaction with the Republican establishment than love of Trump.
Post by pappilon   » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

biochem wrote:1. Trump isn't great but he isn't nearly as bad as the leftist mainstream media is alleging

Yes Obama was much worse. And Clinton would have been a disaster.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics