Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by biochem   » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Former Mexican president Vicente Fox mocked President Trump in a tweet Friday for departing Washington on a 17-day vacation to his private golf club in New Jersey.

"[L]eaving on vacation, huh? What for? If you're not happy with your job, just leave," Fox tweeted. "After all, it was never for you."
To Call a Mockingbird or a spade a spade or a trump a trump?

"What is his reason for such a vacation?" You ask.

We can all take an edumicated guess...

1. He needs time to catch up on what is going on in his businesses (continue to secretly manage them from the shadows) and discuss related strategies, something he is not supposed to be involved in because of the Emoluments Clause

2. Additionally, his need to reiterate goals and strategies regarding shoring up leaks about the Russian scandal. And to decide on what and when to release the next sordid rounds of obvious lies to throw the scent off just long enough for it to die of old age amidst the deluge of other revelations.

Ok, you're right. That is much too Machiavellian for Trump's poor IQ to carry a hope. The sordid lies are truly his.

3. Time to bury his head in his hands after he pulls it out of his arse in light of the complete ass he's making of things and himself.

4. To get away and clear his head from the overwhelming and enormous think tank that comes along with wielding the reins of the most powerful and largest Nuclear Reactor on the planet knowing you are way in over your head.

5. Rest from the exhausting weight of trying to constantly and consistently maintain his composure amidst the complete and utter continued shock at actually being elected.

Trump. He wasn't ready.

He isn't ready.

Or for those of us not wearing tinfoil hats, he's just taking a summer vacation like almost everyone else in the country. Two weeks is nice though, most of us only get one (cue gloating from the Europeans).

Oh and they're also installing a new HVAC system so he can't be there, even if he wanted to be. It was supposed to be installed in 2014 but like most government projects it's running behind.
Post by Fireflair   » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:31 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I haven't had a summer vacation in years and years. I take a long weekend in September and another long weekend in March to help run two conventions.

Most people I know can't afford more than a weekend off somewhere near by. Just saying.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:38 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Time for the latest instalment of Trump screaming that reporting is "Fake News!!!" I'm thinking...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/p ... sater.html

WASHINGTON — A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would highlight Mr. Trump’s savvy negotiating skills and be a political boon to his candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

This coming out after WaPo broke the story last week that, yep, Trump was negotiating a Trump tower in Moscow in the lead up to the Presidential primaries contrary to Trump's constant "we have no dealings with Russia!!!" protestations.
Post by cthia   » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Chelsea Clinton Subtly Shades Ivanka Trump Amid Reports Her Old Friend Visited Putin's Private Office

The lies of this administration are so blatant and in your face disrespectful that it should be considered a domestic war crime.

What a smooth and classy Chelsean tweet.

There is no way that Donald should be thrown in jail. He should be thrown under the jail, in the dungeon.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pappilon   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:12 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Chelsea Clinton Subtly Shades Ivanka Trump Amid Reports Her Old Friend Visited Putin's Private Office

The lies of this administration are so blatant and in your face disrespectful that it should be considered a domestic war crime.

What a smooth and classy Chelsean tweet.

There is no way that Donald should be thrown in jail. He should be thrown under the jail, in the dungeon.

I never knew political satire was a crime. His show is the funniest, most entertaining since The Gerald Ford pratfall hour. Unfortunately no vice-president since J. Danforth Quayle has managed a really first line side show (or is it p-o-t-a-t-o-e).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dscott8   » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:00 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I read the article. None of the five reasons have anything to do with the good of the American people. It's just a jambalaya of political ass-covering.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:11 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
cthia wrote:a jambalaya of political ass-covering.

That reminds me. Does America have it's own version of Yes Minister?
My google-fu is not all that strong, but it looks like Spin City may be the closest.

Fun fact - Margaret Thatcher was known to remark that watching Yes Minister was the best way to learn how to deal with the Civil Service.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dsdott8 wrote:I read the article. None of the five reasons have anything to do with the good of the American people. It's just a jambalaya of political ass-covering.
Michael Everett wrote:That reminds me. Does America have it's own version of Yes Minister?
My google-fu is not all that strong, but it looks like Spin City may be the closest.

Fun fact - Margaret Thatcher was known to remark that watching Yes Minister was the best way to learn how to deal with the Civil Service.

Yes. It is all political ass-covering. And more than a little ass-kissing. The article nails it. It is why the entire sordid affair is so sad.

Yes Minister.

Spin City.

Post by pappilon   » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:33 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
dsdott8 wrote:I read the article. None of the five reasons have anything to do with the good of the American people. It's just a jambalaya of political ass-covering.
Michael Everett wrote:That reminds me. Does America have it's own version of Yes Minister?

Yes. It is all political ass-covering. And more than a little ass-kissing. The article nails it. It is why the entire sordid affair is so sad.

Yes Minister.

Spin City.

Trump learned all he needs to know about dealing with The Little People (No slur against the vertically challenged intended)as the emperor of Celebrity Apprentice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics