Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

It Is Time To Talk Impeachment

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: It Is Time To Talk Impeachment
Post by Annachie   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:39 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Zyffyr, yep. Or close too.
You can find me betting on that in some of the older threads. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Zyffyr, yep. Or close too.

I think he has too much ego to quit. As long as he can summon cheering mobs to stoke his need for approval he'll be fine. Heck he's already launched his re-election campaign, hasn't he?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by zyffyr   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:23 pm

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

pappilon wrote:
Annachie wrote:Zyffyr, yep. Or close too.

I think he has too much ego to quit. As long as he can summon cheering mobs to stoke his need for approval he'll be fine. Heck he's already launched his re-election campaign, hasn't he?

Do remember that most of the Repubs don't really like him any more than the Dems do. If they approach him quietly and say "Look, if we want to we can easily get the votes to impeach you and then sustain the charges. You can either quit and claim health issues or something, or we get to borrow your catch phrase "Your Fired!"", his ego may decide that quitting would look better.

Also, I can see one way he presidency ends before that 2yr mark - if the Dems win sufficient seats in the 2018 elections he may leave/be forced out in the few months between the election and the seating of the new congress. That would be because Congress has to approve of the new VP, and the Repubs really won't want that under Dem control.
Post by tooldtocare   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 pm

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

pappilon wrote:Then look again. Everybody else found it. It's right at the top of Free-Range Topics.

I think it is too late to start this topic elsewhere. I don't want to lose those folks who have already expressed their views.

pappilon wrote:Sometimes people need to be slapped in the face, HARD, by reality. It is called a reality check. The entire system: Political, social, economic, needs a good dose of reality..

As you, I believe that process is happening right now.
This type of person is unknown to most folks. If he hadn't been elected President Of The United State he would not have gotten the attention and exposure. Unlike the private world Trump is being exposed to all of us. Historically, this will go down as the awakening.

in my view (:-

pappilon wrote:Please do not stop the process. Even if you started this in the wrong Forum. Ps Politics is my next stop. See ya there.

The train is already going down the tracks...,.,.,.,.,

(:-
Post by pappilon   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:00 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

tooldtocare wrote:
pappilon wrote:Then look again. Everybody else found it. It's right at the top of Free-Range Topics.

I think it is too late to start this topic elsewhere. I don't want to lose those folks who have already expressed their views.

pappilon wrote:Sometimes people need to be slapped in the face, HARD, by reality. It is called a reality check. The entire system: Political, social, economic, needs a good dose of reality..

This type of person is unknown to most folks. If he hadn't been elected President Of The United State he would not have gotten the attention and exposure. Unlike the private world Trump is being exposed to all of us. Historically, this will go down as the awakening.

pappilon wrote:Please do not stop the process. Even if you started this in the wrong Forum. Ps Politics is my next stop. See ya there.

You mis-attributed the first quote, friendly FYI, it was actually Joat42.
And yes I know trump is not feeling much love from congress. However "we the people" duly elected him according to the rules of the game to tear down the federal bureaucracy, eliminate the shadow state, drain the swamp, and MAGA.

Unless and until the train actually goes off the rails, the idiots deserve to reap what they have sown. Some people can only learn the hard way, however painful it may be for the rest of us.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by tooldtocare   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:40 pm

tooldtocare

(:-[/quote]

pappilon wrote:You mis-attributed the first quote, friendly FYI, it was actually Joat42..

Thanks. If Joat42 is still around say hello for me

pappilon wrote:However "we the people" duly elected him according to the rules of the game.

To majority of American voter's voted for someone else.

pappilon wrote: to tear down the federal bureaucracy, eliminate the shadow state, drain the swamp, and MAGA.

So true, the swamp is being drained and the trumpeds are running for higher land.

pappilon wrote:Unless and until the train actually goes off the rails, the idiots deserve to reap what they have sown. Some people can only learn the hard way, however painful it may be for the rest of us.

If you are referring to the Republicon party, I could not agree more

Post by tooldtocare   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:46 pm

tooldtocare

It Is Time To Talk Impeaching Trump

1. to accuse (a public official) before an appropriate tribunal of misconduct in office.

Pathological lying is a form of “misconduct in office” making it an impeachable offence
Dump is a pathological liar and that is NOT what we want as our President.

We, the citizens of this great Nation must act NOW
What say you, fellow Americans-?

Pathological lying (also called pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] Individuals may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth

Psychotherapy appears to be one of the only methods to treat a person suffering from pathological lying. No research has been performed regarding the use of pharmaceutical medication to treat pathological liars

Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body formally levels charges against a high official of government. Impeachment does not necessarily mean removal from office; it is only a formal statement of charges, akin to an indictment in criminal law, and is thus only the first step towards removal. Once an individual is impeached, he or she must then face the possibility of conviction via legislative vote, which then entails the removal of the individual from office.

Presidential Impeachment Process

Presidential Impeachment is a two stage Constitutional process. The full power of Impeachment and the removal of a sitting President resides within Congress. The actual impeachment of a President is the sole power of the House of Representatives. Once a President is impeached, the power of removing the President shifts to the U.S. Senate.

The House of Representatives starts the impeachment process by publicly investigating the charges and holding hearings. If the House of Representatives votes against impeachment the process is over and the President is not Impeached.

If the House of Representatives votes for Impeachment of the President, the process moves forward with the drawing up of the Articles of Impeachment (The official criminal charges for removal from office). The President has now been officially impeached per the United States Constitution. Once the Impeachment process is final, trials are then held in the U.S. Senate to convict or acquit the President of the Articles of Impeachment drawn against him.
It Is Time To Talk Impeachment

Trump could also be charged with obstruction of justice
b.t.w. 30 days in jail would bring him back down to earth as well

Do you agree--?
Post by pappilon   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:14 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

pappilon wrote:However "we the people" duly elected him according to the rules of the game.

tooldtocare wrote:To majority of American voter's voted for someone else.

Ah but the rules of the game do not consider popular vote, only Apportionment through the electoral college. He won fair nd square by the rles of the game.

pappilon wrote: to tear down the federal bureaucracy, eliminate the shadow state, drain the swamp, and MAGA.

tooldtocare wrote:So true, the swamp is being drained and the trumpeds are running for higher land.

Seems to me the swamp is fighting back. Which is pushing us farther into gridlock-see below.

pappilon wrote:Unless and until the train actually goes off the rails, the idiots deserve to reap what they have sown. Some people can only learn the hard way, however painful it may be for the rest of us.

tooldtocare wrote:If you are referring to the Republicon party, I could not agree more

No, not referring to either party. They are both already off the rails IMO. I am thinking more along the lines of A Failed State, where the government just quits functioning by any meaningful measure. Congress is pretty much there already. The SCOTUS is pretty nearly there and has been for a while. Trump was elected to tear down the executive branch.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by biochem   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

This basically translates to I don't like him lets impeach him. But this is the person the voters elected and nothing about him has changed since the election. His personality is exactly the same as it was last November and the voters chose him in spite of it ( or in the case of a not so small minority of Trump voters because of it).

Quit trying a do over and try to pick a good candidate for 2020. Most of the names I've seen floated so far seem like they've been chosen to see to it that Trump wins a 2nd term.

Pick

1. Someone who doesn't insult the voters
2. The voters are very mad at Washington now so pick someone a step or two removed from Washington
3. The liberal coastal enclaves don't matter. They'll vote for anyone with a D after their name pick someone to appeal to the swing states and the rust belt. You have to win the electoral college not San Francisco.
4. Pick someone who can make Hollywood shut up!!! If they keep violating #1, it won't matter who the Democrats nominate, the swing/rust belt voters will vote Trump just to spite them.
5. "It's the economy stupid"- pick someone with a credible track record or at least some unique ideas in the economy. The rust belt voters are sick of both establishment Reoublicans and establishment Democrat ideas which have not worked for them.

And yes this thread really does need to move to politics
Post by cthia   » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:This basically translates to I don't like him lets impeach him. But this is the person the voters elected and nothing about him has changed since the election. His personality is exactly the same as it was last November and the voters chose him in spite of it ( or in the case of a not so small minority of Trump voters because of it).

Quit trying a do over and try to pick a good candidate for 2020. Most of the names I've seen floated so far seem like they've been chosen to see to it that Trump wins a 2nd term.

Pick

1. Someone who doesn't insult the voters
2. The voters are very mad at Washington now so pick someone a step or two removed from Washington
3. The liberal coastal enclaves don't matter. They'll vote for anyone with a D after their name pick someone to appeal to the swing states and the rust belt. You have to win the electoral college not San Francisco.
4. Pick someone who can make Hollywood shut up!!! If they keep violating #1, it won't matter who the Democrats nominate, the swing/rust belt voters will vote Trump just to spite them.
5. "It's the economy stupid"- pick someone with a credible track record or at least some unique ideas in the economy. The rust belt voters are sick of both establishment Reoublicans and establishment Democrat ideas which have not worked for them.

And yes this thread really does need to move to politics

I created a thread for this.Why wasn't it used? Unless you missed it, as I haven't read this thread. Oh well, whatever the forum, the talk needs to be "Impeach the dipshit already!"

It isn't about a "do-over." It is about not getting "done in." Sooner or later this idiot is going to push the wrong button trying to run this nuclear power plant of a political position. He's already the fire starter trying to put his finger on the kindling that is North Korea. Or vice versa. Both of them are idiots.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Free-Range Topics...