Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:In Melania's case she kinda was going to get heat no matter what she wore.

Ex fashion model, and frankly outright trophy wife, she's expected to be cat walk no matter what. If only by her husband.

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Simply not going to let you bail her out Annachie.

If you know that, surely she has to know that as well.

"Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't," is it?

So she should have simply followed her heart. Interesting where her heart is.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Much as I'd hate to cast aspersions on her or call her petty but when she wears those heels she's taller than Donald.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by dscott8   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:24 am

dscott8
Commodore

Annachie wrote:Might backfire.

Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt, opening Arpaio to all sorts of civil suits and possible state level charges. (Though dbl jep is possibly involved there)

Double jeopardy should not apply because his actual federal conviction was for non-compliance with a court order. Effectively, he's only admitting that he's guilty of disobeying the court.

Individual civil and/or criminal charges would be based on specific acts against specific individuals, while in office. The fact that those acts may have constituted disobedience to the court order will have to be considered, but it's not the slam-dunk some think it is.
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It appears that there might be no Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill.

This administration has epitomized racism and division at every single turn. My friends, both black and white, are very upset.

The move would have killed several birds with one bill by placing a woman and a black on the face of the $20.

Trump suggested keeping Andrew Jackson and placing Tubman on a redesigned $2 bill. Sure, send out an implication of your perceived worth of black people and insult them even more. You incompetent idiot!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Amid much criticism, he is attempting a do-over. But it is futile. A teleprompter can help with what comes out of an ass's mouth but there is no teleprompter that can help with the words coming out of the heart. And when you have no heart...

Post by biochem   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:59 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

biochem wrote:
cthia wrote:President Trump simply has no heart. Even while visiting storm ravaged Texas, it is all about him.

And Melania is no better. Why would she wear expensive high heels to visit a storm ravaged city?

No big surprise, the far left media would criticize him no matter what he said. The article says more about them than him.

A less biased response - local Austin Texas paper

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mystates ... M/amp.html

Local tv station

https://www.google.com/amp/www.kiiitv.c ... /468901414

She didn't, she wore them in the morning. She wore tennis shoes in Texas.

A commentary on the media's commentary. Basically, there is no way for Trump to win with them. They hate him so much NOTHING he did or could have done would have satisfied them ( or the other rapid Trump haters ). No matter what he did they would have criticized him. And they hate him so much they are being too obvious.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 34904.html
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:43 am

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
A commentary on the media's commentary. Basically, there is no way for Trump to win with them. They hate him so much NOTHING he did or could have done would have satisfied them ( or the other rapid Trump haters ). No matter what he did they would have criticized him. And they hate him so much they are being too obvious.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 34904.html

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

I'll give you the heels thing, because that's stupid and irrelevant to be reporting on, but that's pretty much it. So the local station focused one aspect of his remarks and ignored the fucking clueless tone deaf aspects of it where he was cheerleading himself and his great crowd like he always compulsively does, that doesn't make other media outlets reporting on what he did unfair.

And the same goes for everything else they report on. The thing is, he's actually doing all of it And he's the president. They're supposed to report it. He gets so much negative coverage because he can't go a day without doing something negative. That is on him and him alone. You don't get to call media bias because you voted for an insecure juvenile tantrum throwing incompetent circus clown who has spent his entire life acting out for attention from the media and celebrities and rich people and anyone else he thinks has an opinion that matters and now he's surprise of surprises generating negative headlines when he was put in charge of the entire country and you don't like them.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

gcomeau
Admiral

A week after Puerto Rico was leveled, over 3 million US citizens begging for water and food and other critical supplies.... and yesterday Trump declares he isn't loosening Jones Act restrictions on foreign flag vessels shipping what is needed to the island because "the industry" objects. He finally had to be browbeaten into it today after the backlash from that statement.

As in, special interests want their shipping monopoly maintained... obviously more important than the humanitarian disaster that needs addressing in a US territory.

This after having to be lectured into deploying the USNS Comfort after days of just having it sit around.

And while all of Puerto Rico is begging for more effective assistance and he's pulling this shit he goes on TV and claims everyone in PR is telling him what a wonderful job he's doing. While everyone in PR who can reach a camera is on every news channel in the country telling anyone who will listen that they're not getting the assistance they require and the situation is dire.

But hey, who needs to actually do a good job when you can just constantly declare you're doing a good job and rely on your supporters to believe you because you've convinced them anything in the media is "fake news"? Right?
Post by dscott8   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 pm

dscott8
Commodore

gcomeau wrote:A week after Puerto Rico was leveled, over 3 million US citizens begging for water and food and other critical supplies.... and yesterday Trump declares he isn't loosening Jones Act restrictions on foreign flag vessels shipping what is needed to the island because "the industry" objects. He finally had to be browbeaten into it today after the backlash from that statement.

As in, special interests want their shipping monopoly maintained... obviously more important than the humanitarian disaster that needs addressing in a US territory.

This after having to be lectured into deploying the USNS Comfort after days of just having it sit around.

And while all of Puerto Rico is begging for more effective assistance and he's pulling this shit he goes on TV and claims everyone in PR is telling him what a wonderful job he's doing. While everyone in PR who can reach a camera is on every news channel in the country telling anyone who will listen that they're not getting the assistance they require and the situation is dire.

But hey, who needs to actually do a good job when you can just constantly declare you're doing a good job and rely on your supporters to believe you because you've convinced them anything in the media is "fake news"? Right?

I suspect Trump told subordinates to refuse to waive the Jones Act so that he could step in, override them and look like a "hero". Similar to a used-car salesman "going to bat for you" with his stereotypically hard-hearted sales manager.
Post by The E   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:02 am

The E
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I suspect Trump told subordinates to refuse to waive the Jones Act so that he could step in, override them and look like a "hero". Similar to a used-car salesman "going to bat for you" with his stereotypically hard-hearted sales manager.

Trump is certainly stupid enough to do this.

Return to Politics