Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

Love The Stranger As Thyself

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Love The Stranger As Thyself
Post by Daryl   » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:01 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I don't have a problem with capitalism as long as it has some constraints.
My comment about Wall St wasn't an attack on manufacturers or most entrepreneurs. They make stuff, employ people and pay wages. My problem is with the gamblers, hedge fund operators, company strippers, and other bottom feeders. Their activities don't feed, or clothe, or house people, just manipulate the system to make paper profits that are sometimes more in a day than a hard worker earns in a year. The money doesn't come from thin air but mum and pop investors losing their life savings. That's what I meant about thieves, and the fact that it is legal actually makes it worse.
Regarding slavery I find it totally abhorrent, but pure slavery still exists although it is well hidden, we have it in our country with girls imported from Asia to gang controlled brothels. The other slavery exists of being in a dead end job where the boss lives well and you barely survive. My understanding is that is more common in the US with its unique low minimum pay than elsewhere in the developed world.

A brief comment to tooldtocare. I mentioned things like slavery and stoning, as I get annoyed by cherry pickers who only take the bits out of their religious books they like, You can't get all scholarly and debate nuances about biblical texts, yet say I don't notice the bits permitting slavery, stoning, and the other premedieval stuff. Are you wearing clothes made from different fabrics, do you trim the hair around your temples, if your son is a drunk do you put him to the sword yourself or get the city gate guards to do it?
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:37 pm

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

The E wrote:Also, parenthetically: Slavery has not been abolished. Just because minimum or below-minimum wage employees aren't technically the property of their employers doesn't make them that much more free.

Somebody please tell Dump Da Trump that 8-)
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 pm

tooldtocare

Daryl wrote:.,.,.,.,if your son is a drunk do you put him to the sword yourself or get the city gate guards to do it?

For some reason or another this thread has strayed from its purpose. You may not believe in religious text but in the here and now the Israeli’s do. Religion was their excuse for invading Palestine, murdering Palestinian children while leveling entire Palestinian villages in order to build settlements on top of them. “They” are using the “Bible” to cover-up these atrocities. This fact needs to be known and they need to be held accountable for their actions.

Should they be put to the sword as well-? 8-)
Post by tooldtocare   » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:53 pm

tooldtocare

WHY THEY WERE CHOSEN

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu 7:9 KJV) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

(Deu 7:11 KJV) Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

God chose them to show us the way. By example, by following His Commandments and expressing the love for the stranger as we all should love our neighbors. It is spelled out in scripture, all you have to do is read it and do it and then it will be done.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God

They were chosen to show us the way, to show us how to treat the stranger, how to be compassionate and loving to your neighbor and by doing so peace would envelope the world.

The question today is; Did the Lord make the wrong choice?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

So what is the purpose of this thread? Long lists of random biblical quotations used to prop up anti-semitic conspiracy rants? Because aside from the 'off-topic' posts, that's all it seems to be.

I for one am not interested in quotations from bronze-age mythology.
Post by tooldtocare   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 am

tooldtocare

Imaginos1892 wrote:So what is the purpose of this thread? Long lists of random biblical quotations used to prop up anti-semitic conspiracy rants?.

prop up anti-semitic conspiracy rants? Whenever some folks dislike what they hear while even knowing it's true use this accusation as a fallback. Or should I say, false-back.
Imaginos1892 wrote:Because aside from the 'off-topic' posts, that's all it seems to be.

The topic is "Love The Stranger As Thyself". Your post is the one that is off-topic.
Imaginos1892 wrote:I for one am not interested in quotations from bronze-age mythology.

Then by all means do stay away; ok (:-
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 am

tooldtocare

cthia wrote: or more importantly, "live and let live."].

,.,,,At least life goes on 1+1=3.,,,.,,,,hehe (:-
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:52 am

tooldtocare

The E wrote:Also, parenthetically: Slavery has not been abolished. Just because minimum or below-minimum wage employees aren't technically the property of their employers doesn't make them that much more free.

Somebody please tell Dump Da Trump that 8-)

somethings just need repeating (:-
Post by tooldtocare   » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:46 am

tooldtocare

Duckk says: topicality rules still apply even in Free Range. Take it to Politics if you want to continue this.

Since this is my thread I do believe I can post the following:
Post by The E   » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm

The E
Admiral

You made a thread titled "It is time to talk impeachment" about two weeks ago. There, you were told that stuff like that is not appropriate for this subforum, but rather belongs in the Politics subsection, where we already have a perfectly serviceable thread on this topic.

So why derail this thread? In case you are unaware (or are just too old to care, wouldn't surprise me), this is considered bad behaviour. Not "you get banned for this" bad, but rather "why would you do such a thing" bad.

Return to Free-Range Topics...