Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Out of order snippet? WHAT out of order snippet?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Out of order snippet? WHAT out of order snippet?
Post by runsforcelery   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:00 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

I'm going to have to go back into lower profile mode here, because I'm working on two projects simultaneously that both need attention. I'll try to drop back in from time to time, though, and I'm going to aim for one in-order snippet a week. (Book's not coming out until next November, guys.) However, since I've been giving you out of order snippets, here's one more.

I think you can guess what they're upset about.

Did I ever mention that angry people sometimes make less than optimal decisions? ;)

“None of that would’ve been necessary if not for the fucking Manties.” Gervais’s voice was a snarl. “It’s that goddamned loose warhead Gold Peak’s fault. If she weren’t such a maniac, if we hadn’t known she’d be coming for Mesa as soon as she possibly could, we wouldn’t have had to rush Houdini that way and Mom and Dad would be right here on Darius right now.”

A sort of sub-aural growl answered him, but Collin shook his head.

“Gold Peak may be the one who actually pulled the trigger, but it wasn’t just her. It was her whole damned ‘Star Empire’ and their goddamned friends. All of them. Elizabeth, Mayhew, Pritchart . . . and that bitch Harrington.”

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: Out of order snippet? WHAT out of order snippet?
Post by 19chickens   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:13 pm

19chickens
Ensign

runsforcelery wrote:Did I ever mention that angry people sometimes make less than optimal decisions? ;)

Ooh! Things are going to be getting interesting. But yeah, remember to take time off to get everything sorted. Part of me wonders if there's going to be enough in the book for 52+ snippets, bit the other part is excited that there's going to be that much (and more) in the book.
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:14 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:I'm going to have to go back into lower profile mode here, because I'm working on two projects simultaneously that both need attention. I'll try to drop back in from time to time, though, and I'm going to aim for one in-order snippet a week. (Book's not coming out until next November, guys.) However, since I've been giving you out of order snippets, here's one more.

Did I ever mention that angry people sometimes make less than optimal decisions? ;)

“None of that would’ve been necessary if not for the fucking Manties.” Gervais’s voice was a snarl. “It’s that goddamned loose warhead Gold Peak’s fault. If she weren’t such a maniac, if we hadn’t known she’d be coming for Mesa as soon as she possibly could, we wouldn’t have had to rush Houdini that way and Mom and Dad would be right here on Darius right now.”

“Gold Peak may be the one who actually pulled the trigger, but it wasn’t just her. It was her whole damned ‘Star Empire’ and their goddamned friends. All of them. Elizabeth, Mayhew, Pritchart . . . and that bitch Harrington.”

Why does everyone think Harrington's a bitch? She has to be the most misunderstood naval officer in the Honorverse.

At any rate, it seems someone's begun putting an eraser to that malignant alphabet. Detweiler B-L left, is it?

Last edited by cthia on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by runsforcelery   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

19chickens wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Did I ever mention that angry people sometimes make less than optimal decisions? ;)

Ooh! Things are going to be getting interesting. But yeah, remember to take time off to get everything sorted. Part of me wonders if there's going to be enough in the book for 52+ snippets, bit the other part is excited that there's going to be that much (and more) in the book.

Well, there are roughly 288,000 words in the manuscript. So if I hold myself to 1 snippet a week and the snippets to no more than 1,500 words, 52 snippets would be 78,000 words, or about 27%. (Doesn't count Rosie snips, of course! :lol:) I really don't like snippeting much more than that, but 78-80,000 words would probably work out just fine. And, of course, the EARC will be available for those of you who want it well before next November!

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Seems like the MAlign have just formally charged Grayson and Haven with complicity. I wonder what their sentencing will be?

As I stated in a certain thread that the latest Manticoran shenanigans of killing their parents will anger the malignant kids, further derailing their centuries old plans and causing them to throw the switch and change tracks leading to sentencing...

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Lunan   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

Which 2 projects? Just out of idle curiosity you understand

runsforcelery wrote:I'm going to have to go back into lower profile mode here, because I'm working on two projects simultaneously that both need attention. I'll try to drop back in from time to time, though, and I'm going to aim for one in-order snippet a week. (Book's not coming out until next November, guys.) However, since I've been giving you out of order snippets, here's one more.

Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

Lunan wrote:Which 2 projects? Just out of idle curiosity you understand

If I had to guess - Safehold is one of them; and maybe Bahzell is the other. Certainly not Multiverse; else he had mentioned Joelle. Or so I'd think, at least.
Post by JohnRoth   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:10 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Well, that answers one question I had.
Post by JohnRoth   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:14 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

cthia wrote:

Why does everyone think Harrington's a bitch? She has to be the most misunderstood naval officer in the Honorverse.

At any rate, it seems someone's begun putting an eraser to that malignant alphabet. Detweiler B-L left, is it?

There are six clones, named Benjamin, Colin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin and Gervais. There is no J, K or L. I believe Gervais has something to do with foreign affairs. I think this is the first time we've seen him on camera.
Post by kzt   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:I'm going to have to go back into lower profile mode here, because I'm working on two projects simultaneously that both need attention. I'll try to drop back in from time to time, though, and I'm going to aim for one in-order snippet a week. (Book's not coming out until next November, guys.)

"Break time is over, everybody back on your head."

Return to Honorverse