Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Love The Stranger As Thyself

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Love The Stranger As Thyself
Post by The E   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:04 am

The E
Admiral

I know you're too old to care, toooldtocare, but do your ramblings approach anything resembling a point at some point in the future?

It's clear you believe that you have an important message to share with the world, but the way you're writing this ... essay? diatribe? is not conducive to getting your point across. Start by stating your thesis. "I believe X because Y, and now I will show you why using sources A, B, C through K."

You're telling us the story of Joseph. Why? What significance does it have? Why are the excerpts from Gen 41 relevant? Why is "Clearly Joseph was revered by the egyptian people" an important point to make? Is there some sort of dispute about that?

These are questions raised by your posts here, and you've failed to set up any context for why these questions are important to you or why they should be to us. Do that, and maybe someone out there might even be able to follow your points and maybe even agree with you or help you in making it (Not me, though).
Post by Daryl   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Each to their own, and perhaps some will find value in discussing this, not me. Prehistoric myths can be of interest but this seems somewhat preachy.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:34 am

dscott8
Commodore

This seems to me the online equivalent of our local church, whose members clog our award-winning renovated downtown streets on Friday & Saturday nights, butting in on shoppers and restaurant customers to push their religion in people's faces, and having a hard time taking "no, thank you" for an answer.
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Yeah…this topic should probably be banished to Politics.

Why is that exactly? Free Range is not open to religious inspection?

Ironic, when the Bible's textev says...

Matthew 22:20-22King James Version (KJV)
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left him, and went their way.

Politics belongs to Caesar. Not God.

Some, are as fanatic as the fanatics they renounce. Prejudice comes in all forms. The Civil War in the US is still being fought. So so sad.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:Yeah…this topic should probably be banished to Politics.

Why is that exactly? Free Range is not open to religious inspection?

Because it's likely to wind up like the GOD EXISTS topic, with salvos of dogma shooting past each other until it gets Ducck'd.
cthia wrote:Politics belongs to Caesar. Not God.

Some, are as fanatic as the fanatics they renounce.

Which is why it's likely to get Ducck'd.
cthia wrote:Prejudice comes in all forms. The Civil War in the US is still being fought. So so sad.

Mostly by 'progressives' trying to erase historical figures they disagree with.
The Oh-So-Tolerant Leftists wrote:General Robert E. Lee was an evil despicable worthless warmonger, and there is nothing we can learn from anything he said or did.

Or taking Andrew Jackson off the $20 because he wasn't 'politically correct' 220 years before political correctness was a thing. If he hadn't stopped the British invasion through Louisiana we probably wouldn't have a United States today.
———————————
Not everybody should go to college. Some folks, you send 'em to college and you just wind up with an educated idiot.
Post by tooldtocare   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 am

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Yeah…this topic should probably be banished to Politics.

banished to Politics? :lol:
Post by tooldtocare   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:57 am

tooldtocare

It's clear you believe that you have an important message to share with the world, but the way you're writing this ... essay? diatribe? is not conducive to getting your point across. Start by stating your thesis. "I believe X because Y, and now I will show you why using sources A, B, C through K."

This discussion is intended to be an overview of the Old Testament. In the Old Testament, the Lord/God was talking to a specific group of people. It is my intent to discuss the issues presented and how they affect the outcome.

Stated goal:
Convince the world Jewish community to embrace and commit to the commands that they alone were given by the Lord/God in the Old Testament. In short, Israel must join the Palestinians and other non-Jews into a new beginning where the current land, Israel and the west bank join hands declaring the land to be no more Israel; but Palestine where all are welcome regardless of religious faith, gender or color.

If Israel does this a new enlightenment will encircle the world bringing in peace and tranquility for all.
Post by tooldtocare   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm

tooldtocare

Joseph now becomes the chief banker and controls the money supply in all the land. And while under his control the banking system crashes and this becomes the first recorded banking “crash” leading into a great depression akin to the depression in the US during the late 20’s. Before the crash Joseph controlled the agricultural lands in Egypt but not the livestock that grazed upon it. Now because of this crash he convinces the Israelites to sell their livestock and the land in which they lived in Canaan to the Pharaoh. In exchange they were to pay a percentage of what they produced to the Pharaoh. (first time interest charges were introduced)

(Gen 47:14 KJV) And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh's house.
(Gen 47:15 KJV) And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.
(Gen 47:16 KJV) And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail.
(Gen 47:17 KJV) And they brought their cattle unto Joseph: and Joseph gave them bread in exchange for horses, and for the flocks, and for the cattle of the herds, and for the asses: and he fed them with bread for all their cattle for that year.
(Gen 47:18 KJV) When that year was ended, they came unto him the second year, and said unto him, We will not hide it from my lord, how that our money is spent; my lord also hath our herds of cattle; there is not ought left in the sight of my lord, but our bodies, and our lands:
(Gen 47:19 KJV) Wherefore shall we die before thine eyes, both we and our land? buy us and our land for bread, and we and our land will be servants unto Pharaoh: and give us seed, that we may live, and not die, that the land be not desolate.
(Gen 47:20 KJV) And Joseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharaoh; for the Egyptians sold every man his field, because the famine prevailed over them: so the land became Pharaoh's.
(Gen 47:21 KJV) And as for the people, he removed them to cities from one end of the borders of Egypt even to the other end thereof.
(Gen 47:22 KJV) Only the land of the priests bought he not; for the priests had a portion assigned them of Pharaoh, and did eat their portion which Pharaoh gave them: wherefore they sold not their lands.
(Gen 47:23 KJV) Then Joseph said unto the people, Behold, I have bought you this day and your land for Pharaoh: lo, here is seed for you, and ye shall sow the land.
(Gen 47:25 KJV) And they said, Thou hast saved our lives: let us find grace in the sight of my lord, and we will be Pharaoh's servants.
(Gen 47:26 KJV) And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part; except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh's.
(Gen 47:27 KJV) And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the country of Goshen; and they had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly.
(Gen 47:28 KJV) And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years.
Gen 50:22 KJV) And Joseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his father's house: and Joseph lived an hundred and ten years.
(Gen 50:26 KJV) So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.
Exo 1:6 KJV) And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.
(Exo 1:7 KJV) And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them
Post by tooldtocare   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 pm

tooldtocare

Ok, it is time I get to the point; the following is what the Lord/God asked "them" to do and in your view; have they complied or not?~~

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.
(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.
(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.
(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.
(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Finally, to the point of this thread; Have they complied with the above or not-?
Post by Daryl   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

You obviously have to believe this stuff to be interested. Not for me, so I'll not visit again.

Return to Free-Range Topics...