Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Love The Stranger As Thyself

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Love The Stranger As Thyself
Post by tooldtocare   » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:26 pm

tooldtocare
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I found this web site and have used some of its content on forum talk boards. It is in a book form with no story line. It contains Old Testament biblical verses about the Israelites and God. And it continues to report on current events relating to the Israelites. In short it covers what the Lord told them to do and what they have done to date. Clearly they were supposed to be the “example” but the example given is not good.

PURPOSE FOR THIS FORUM

This forum is intended to be an overview of the Old Testament. In the Old Testament, the Lord/God was talking to a specific group of people. It is my intent to discuss the issues presented and how they affect the outcome.
Stated goal:

Convince the world Jewish community to embrace and commit to the commands that they alone were given by the Lord/God in the Old Testament. In short, Israel must join the Palestinians and other non-Jews into a new beginning where the current land, Israel and the west bank join hands declaring the land to be no more Israel; but Palestine where all are welcome regardless of religious faith, gender or color.

If Israel does this a new enlightenment will encircle the world bringing in peace and tranquility for all.

The web site is http://www.universalknowledge.net
Someone here take a glance at it & then post your concerns; comments
Last edited by tooldtocare on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Love The Stranger As Thyself
Post by tooldtocare   » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

tooldtocare

Note to users

If the size of the text is too small to read~~~

hold down the [CTRL] key while rolling your mouse roller up or down
Post by Daryl   » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Not quite sure what this post is doing here?
Possibly from someone who mistook a Military tech SiFi page as a religious interest area.
Everyone is entitled to believe in their own invisible friend or not, but this is not my interest.

tooldtocare wrote:Note to users

If the size of the text is too small to read~~~

hold down the [CTRL] key while rolling your mouse roller up or down
Post by cthia   » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tooldtocare wrote:I found this web site and have used some of its content on forum talk boards. It is in a book form with no story line. It contains Old Testament biblical verses about the Israelites and God. And it continues to report on current events relating to the Israelites. In short it covers what the Lord told them to do and what they have done to date. Clearly they were supposed to be the “example” but the example given is not good.

Anyway; I personally need some understanding on why they have gone so astray from His teaching.
The web site is http://www.universalknowledge.net
Someone here take a glance at it & then post your concerns; comments

Welcome to the forums tooldtocare!

I intend to respond as soon as I have time to read and digest the post. I must warn you however, most members on this forum are against discussing anything resembling religion. Or at least most of the ones who respond. It is sad, and I wish there was an area specifically set up for it. But alas, there isn't. And most of the members seem to be offended by anyone else's interest in the area and cannot "let bygones be bygones," "to each his own," or more importantly, "live and let live."

I know this because of my attempt to discuss God. It was blamed on my choice of titles, but, well... judge for yourself.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by The E   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:10 am

The E
Admiral

This is good, but no TIME CUBE. Marks for effort and shitty web design, but content just too pedestrian to register. 4/10, not crazy enough.
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm

tooldtocare

I admit that the site refers to biblical verses but it also covers the activities of the Israeli people (in the here and now) in reference to the Palestinians. This portion of the site may be of interest to others in your group.
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 pm

tooldtocare

Here is the linage from Noah to Rachel to Joseph

(Gen 5:28 KJV) And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
(Gen 5:29 KJV) And he called his name Noah
(Gen 5:32 KJV) And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem
(Gen 10:21 KJV) Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber
(Gen 10:25 KJV) And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg;
(Gen 11:18 KJV) And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:
(Gen 11:20 KJV) And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:
(Gen 11:22 KJV) And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:
(Gen 22:20 KJV) And it came to pass after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
(Gen 22:21 KJV) Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
(Gen 22:22 KJV) And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.
(Gen 22:23 KJV) And Bethuel begat Rebekah
(Gen 24:29 KJV) And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban.
(Gen 29:16 KJV) And Laban had two daughters.,.and the name of the younger was Rachel
(Gen 30:25 KJV) And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph.

And Joseph is where I begin this unfolding story---
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 pm

tooldtocare

I begin this essay with Joseph because this is where it all began.

This is the wiki version of Joseph and follow with biblical accounts.

Joseph, sold into slavery by his brothers, is taken to Egypt where he is sold to Potiphar as a household slave. Potiphar makes Joseph the head of his household, but Potiphar's wife, furious at Joseph for resisting her attempts to seduce him into sleeping with her, accuses him falsely of attempting to rape her. Potiphar casts Joseph into prison, where he comes to the notice of Pharaoh through his ability to interpret the dreams of other prisoners.

Potiphar's wife is not named in either the Yahwist or Elohist stories. The mediaeval Sefer HaYashar, a commentary on the Torah, gives it as Zuleika, as does the Persian poem called Yusuf and Zulaikha (from Jami's Haft Awrang ("Seven thrones")). For more on the nameless in the Holy Bible, please see List of names for the Biblical nameless.

It is difficult to place Potiphar or Joseph accurately to a particular pharaoh or time period. On the Jewish calendar, Joseph was purchased in the year 2216, which is 1544 BCE, at the end of the Second Intermediate Period or very beginning of the New Kingdom.

According to the documentary hypothesis, the story of Potiphar and his wife derives from the Yahwist source, and stands in the same place that the stories of the butler and the baker and Pharaoh's dreams stand in the Elohist text.

According to Dr G.J. Wenham (IVP New Bible Commentary) execution was normal for rape cases, so Potiphar may have had doubts about his wife`s story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potiphar
Post by tooldtocare   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:53 pm

tooldtocare

Gen 37:23 KJV) And it came to pass, when Joseph was come unto his brethren, that they stripped Joseph out of his coat, his coat of many colours that was on him;
(Gen 37:24 KJV) And they took him, and cast him into a pit: and the pit was empty, there was no water in it.

But before they "Murder" him they get a better idea and decide to sell him as a slave to the Midianites

(Gen 37:25 KJV) And they sat down to eat bread: and they lifted up their eyes and looked, and, behold, a company of Ishmeelites came from Gilead with their camels bearing spicery and balm and myrrh, going to carry it down to Egypt.

(Gen 37:27 KJV) Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.

(Gen 37:28 KJV) Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt.

The Midianites in turn sell Joseph to a Egyptian

(Gen 37:36 KJV) And the Midianites sold him into Egypt unto Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh's, and captain of the guard.

Joseph’s master believes that Joseph was trying to seduce his wife and casts him into a prison

(Gen 39:20 KJV) And Joseph's master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.

(Gen 39:22 KJV) And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph's hand all the prisoners that were in the prison; and whatsoever they did there, he was the doer of it.

Joseph interprets some dreams and his interpretations come true. The Pharaoh gets word of this and brings Joseph out of the prison to stay in the Pharaoh’s house.

(Gen 41:39 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:

(Gen 41:40 KJV) Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

(Gen 41:41 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 41:42 KJV) And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

(Gen 41:43 KJV) And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 41:44 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 41:46 KJV) And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

Clearly Joseph was revered by the Egyptian people
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:44 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Yeah…this topic should probably be banished to Politics.

Return to Free-Range Topics...