Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

Honor & Nimitz & Pavel Young

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honor & Nimitz & Pavel Young
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

robert132 wrote:
cthia wrote:Can you imagine some mission with Honor, Harkness, Babcock, Hallowell, Zilwicki, Master Tye, Thandi Palane, Victor Cachat and Usher reunion and Jeremy X infiltrating a MAlign cell somewhere and having to fight to get out?!

Most definitely fun to consider! The mayhem this group would be capable of has the makings of a Hollywood action movie. :shock: :lol:

That was definitely my motivation. LOL

But it begets another thought, now that I think.

If it was billed for the readers' big screen. Who would get top billing?

Movies like The Expendables, with so many action A-Listers, had a problem with correctly choosing whom to give top billing, when there are so many A-Listers—and therefore the top scenes pursuant to what they thought the moviegoers would expect, or want.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ldwechsler   » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

[quote="cthia"][quote="robert132"][quote="cthia"]
Can you imagine some mission with Honor, Harkness, Babcock, Hallowell, Zilwicki, Master Tye, Thandi Palane, Victor Cachat and Usher reunion and Jeremy X infiltrating a MAlign cell somewhere and having to fight to get out?!

As to who would star the clear winner is Honor. Actually if a TV series were made just about everyone else would be a supporting player and in some cases would not get that much screen time.

But it is a fun idea.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Since the originating thread of the following post seems to be quite busy, I'm going to snip and transfer this organ to this thread. It seems more of a fit here as well, with all of the other work we've accomplished.

cthia wrote:Seems like RFC would be cheating himself artistically if he kills off Honor. At the very least, it seems kin to shooting himself in the foot, artistically. So many threads of the storyline are available to him artistically with the telempathic equation of Honor, Nimitz and Raoul. It seems the possibilities would be exciting to him.

EQN ⇒ Telempathy + Honor + Nimitz = FUN
EQN ⇒ Telempathy + Honor + Nimitz + Raoul = FUN²

Gedankenexperiment: I wonder if Honor can telempathically interact with Nimitz & Raoul simultaneously. I know that treecats do it naturally, but can a human hold open two or more frequencies simultaneously?

IOW, is Honor's telempathic prowess truly multi-channel, can she participate in a three-way call?

Of course Raoul will be bonded. What would be a good name for Raoul's 'Cat? Hmm, Royale!

EQN ⇒ Telempathy + Honor + Nimitz + Raoul + Royale = FUN³

∴ Conceivably, Honor could eventually develop a 4-way telempathic conversation. Even if Nimitz and Raoul has to bridge the gap and hold the channel open for her. Albeit, if Honor stops being a spoiled brat and eat more vegetables, namely celery, her telempathic prowess may increase.

The possibilities are endless!

If there was a telempathic measuring device (telempathometer) that measures the telempathic strength (TS) from (1 to 10) where would Honor fit on that scale?

Perceived telempathic strengths*
  • Beth = 0
  • Treecats = 8*
  • Memory Singers = 9-10
  • Honor = X. Is X > 5?
  • Raoul = Y. Y = ?

* Of course, I can only guestimate Nimitz' telempathic strength as opposed to a Memory Singer's. And I think it's a safe assumption that Raoul(TS) > Honor(TS).

I am assuming that telempathic strength does not vary between non memory singers since I do not recall appropriate textev, which may be incorrect, given → Memory Singer's (TS) varies.

Telempathic strength between Memory Singers does vary. ISTR sharing pillow talk with textev that Samantha is one of the most powerful Memory Singers?

The TS of Nimitz is interesting. If TS could be measured, would Nimitz' TS be less than what it was before he became mind blind? Conceivably -- since he lost his ability to send -- Nimitz' receiver has gained more strength. Considering the documented evidence that in the face of losing one of the natural senses, a human's remaining senses kick in to compensate. E.g., at the lost of sight a human's hearing becomes excessively stronger.

*I, We, are flying M ND BL ND, therefore the author's mileage may vary. Originally I placed the treecats at 9, but decided to recalibrate them to an 8. To make room for Memory Singers whose TS would undoubtedly measure below Samantha's yet greater than a "normal" 'Cat's.

"Casting Pavel Young" should be linked. Picard says "Make it so."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ldwechsler   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:46 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Since the originating thread of the following post seems to be quite busy, I'm going to snip and transfer this organ to this thread. It seems more of a fit here as well, with all of the other work we've accomplished.

cthia wrote:Seems like RFC would be cheating himself artistically if he kills off Honor. At the very least, it seems kin to shooting himself in the foot, artistically. So many threads of the storyline are available to him artistically with the telempathic equation of Honor, Nimitz and Raoul. It seems the possibilities would be exciting to him.

Gedankenexperiment: I wonder if Honor can telempathically interact with Nimitz & Raoul simultaneously. I know that treecats do it naturally, but can a human hold open two or more frequencies simultaneously?

IOW, is Honor's telempathic prowess truly multi-channel, can she participate in a three-way call?

Of course Raoul will be bonded. What would be a good name for Raoul's 'Cat? Hmm, Royale!

∴ Conceivably, Honor could eventually develop a 4-way telempathic conversation. Even if Nimitz and Raoul has to bridge the gap and hold the channel open for her. Albeit, if Honor stops being a spoiled brat and eat more vegetables, namely celery, her telempathic prowess may increase.

If there was a telempathic measuring device (telempathometer) that measures the telempathic strength (TS) from (1 to 10) where would Honor fit on that scale?

• Beth = 0
  • Treecats = 8*
  • Memory Singers = 9-10
  • Honor = X. Is X > 5?
  • Raoul = Y. Y = ?

* Of course, I can only guestimate Nimitz' telempathic strength as opposed to a Memory Singer's. And I think it's a safe assumption that Raoul(TS) > Honor(TS).

I am assuming that telempathic strength does not vary between non memory singers since I do not recall appropriate textev, which may be incorrect, given → Memory Singer's (TS) varies.

Telempathic strength between Memory Singers does vary. ISTR sharing pillow talk with textev that Samantha is one of the most powerful Memory Singers?

The TS of Nimitz is interesting. If TS could be measured, would Nimitz' TS be less than what it was before he became mind blind? Conceivably -- since he lost his ability to send -- Nimitz' receiver has gained more strength. Considering the documented evidence that in the face of losing one of the natural senses, a human's remaining senses kick in to compensate. E.g., at the lost of sight a human's hearing becomes excessively stronger.

*I, We, are flying M ND BL ND, therefore the author's mileage may vary. Originally I placed the treecats at 9, but decided to recalibrate them to an 8. To make room for Memory Singers whose TS would undoubtedly measure below Samantha's yet greater than a "normal" 'Cat's.

I would guess anyone bonded would be better on the telempathic scale than 0 and that includes Elizabeth. Pavel Young might be a zero or into negative numbers but I doubt the cats would adopt someone at 0.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Since the originating thread of the following post seems to be quite busy, I'm going to snip and transfer this organ to this thread. It seems more of a fit here as well, with all of the other work we've accomplished.

• Beth = 0
  • Treecats = 8*
  • Memory Singers = 9-10
  • Honor = X. Is X > 5?
  • Raoul = Y. Y = ?

ldwechsler wrote:I would guess anyone bonded would be better on the telempathic scale than 0 and that includes Elizabeth. Pavel Young might be a zero or into negative numbers but I doubt the cats would adopt someone at 0.

I would tend to agree with you ldwechsler, but in the absence of textev, I can't rightfully adopt that stance -- since that would be crossing the line into the author's territory. It does seem logical that Beth would develop some TS. However, we haven't been formally presented with that fact. Perhaps Beth doesn't eat her celery, or even likes it.

Also, mathematically, Ø is NaN. It has always been but a placeholder.

Post by Vince   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:Of course Raoul will be bonded. What would be a good name for Raoul's 'Cat? Hmm, Royale!

How about Royowl?
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:
cthia wrote:Of course Raoul will be bonded. What would be a good name for Raoul's 'Cat? Hmm, Royale!

How about Royowl?

Me likey. Me likey.

Raoul and Royowl just sounds right.

Post by saber964   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 pm

saber964
Admiral

From my reading of the text. Nimitz and Samantha probably have the highest telepathic abilities of the treecats. Remember they both have made both types of bondings. An adoption bond raises a normal treecats mental abilities to nearly that of a singers

IIRC the levels of telepathic abilities are in ascending order.
Normal treecats
Hunters
Scouts
Mind Healers
Memory Singer

Mating raises the abilities to a higher degree. IIRC Nimitz's mind voice is as strong or nearly as strong as a memory singers and Samantha's mental abilities is got to be off the charts.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:From my reading of the text. Nimitz and Samantha probably have the highest telepathic abilities of the treecats. Remember they both have made both types of bondings. An adoption bond raises a normal treecats mental abilities to nearly that of a singers

Normal treecats
Hunters
Scouts
Mind Healers
Memory Singer

Mating raises the abilities to a higher degree. IIRC Nimitz's mind voice is as strong or nearly as strong as a memory singers and Samantha's mental abilities is got to be off the charts.

Thanks-a-million celery stalks for the input! I completely forgot about that, and I also notice I failed to put Nimitz on the scale. I was undecided. But in light of your post...

Perceived Telempathic Strengths*
  • Samantha = 10+
  • Memory Singers = 9-10
  • Nimitz = 9-10
  • Mind Healers = 8
  • Scouts = 7
  • Hunters = 6
  • Normal Treecats = 5

Which still begs the question of Honor's and Raoul's place on the scale. In light of this, it would logically appear that Honor TS < 5.

Saber, is that textev before or after Nimitz' unfortunate scrape with fanatics?

Last edited by cthia on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by saber964   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:24 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:From my reading of the text. Nimitz and Samantha probably have the highest telepathic abilities of the treecats. Remember they both have made both types of bondings. An adoption bond raises a normal treecats mental abilities to nearly that of a singers

Normal treecats
Hunters
Scouts
Mind Healers
Memory Singer

Thanks-a-million celery stalks for the input! I completely forgot about that, and I also notice I failed to put Nimitz on the scale. I was undecided. But in light of your post...

• Samantha = 10+
  • Memory Singers = 9-10
  • Nimitz = 9-10
  • Mind Healers
  • Scouts
  • Hunters
  • Normal Treecats

Which still begs the question of Honor's and Raoul's place on the scale.

Saber, is that textev before or after Nimitz' unfortunate scrape with fanatics?

Before, I took the information from CoW.

But I think Nimitz is slightly higher than singer level like 11 and Samantha in the 12-13 range. Remember Nimitz is both adopted and mated like Samantha.

Return to Honorverse