Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by biochem   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:16 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Yeah his father.

But eveyone busted for it this year was unaware.
Hell even Abetz claimed he thought he'd renounced his German citizenship when he was caught.

But as Barnaby says, it's pretty black and white.

Of course now our foreign minister, Aspestos Julie, is claiming the NZ opposition party is colluding with the treasonus Australian opposition to bring down the Australian government.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just wai until one of these guys has duel citizenship with Russia, then YOU'LL have to deal with the Russia conspiracy theorists.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

So, Australia has the Unexpected Citizenship Issues and here in the UK, we have Political Foot In Mouth Disease.
Labour MP (Rotherham) Sarah Champion has resigned from her position as Shadow Equalities Minister after writing for the Sun that "Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls".

Oooooookay.

Now, in her defense, as the MP for Rotherham, she is aware that a small minority of Pakistani-descended males have indeed groomed and raped white girls. After all, it was a major scandal, made worse by the fact that the authorities at the time simply ignored it and tried to hush it up due to their fear of being racist (see here for details).
Her phrasing, though, implied that a large number of Pakistani Males regularly undertook such actions. As a politician, she should be fully aware of the need for careful phrasing, especially when writing for a paper.
Furthermore, as she was the Shadow Equalities Minister, part of her brief included supporting ethnic minorities as well as countering gender biases. Apparently accusing Pakistani Males of being rapists does not really aid in promoting equality...

Let us hope that the next person promoted to fill the suddenly-vacated position is less prone to gaffes like that one.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:07 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I feel like posting a link to a certain Queen song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by munroburton   » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 am

munroburton
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:So, Australia has the Unexpected Citizenship Issues and here in the UK, we have Political Foot In Mouth Disease.
Labour MP (Rotherham) Sarah Champion has resigned from her position as Shadow Equalities Minister after writing for the Sun that "Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls".

Oooooookay.

Now, in her defense, as the MP for Rotherham, she is aware that a small minority of Pakistani-descended males have indeed groomed and raped white girls. After all, it was a major scandal, made worse by the fact that the authorities at the time simply ignored it and tried to hush it up due to their fear of being racist (see here for details).
Her phrasing, though, implied that a large number of Pakistani Males regularly undertook such actions. As a politician, she should be fully aware of the need for careful phrasing, especially when writing for a paper.
Furthermore, as she was the Shadow Equalities Minister, part of her brief included supporting ethnic minorities as well as countering gender biases. Apparently accusing Pakistani Males of being rapists does not really aid in promoting equality...

Let us hope that the next person promoted to fill the suddenly-vacated position is less prone to gaffes like that one.

No one really gives a wet shite about the shadow cabinet, do they? The turnover there in the past two years has been enormous. Besides, being a shadow minister is no guarantee of the same ministerial position should their party enter government.

Britain has bigger problems. If we're hoping for better front-benchers, how about hoping they'll be on the government side of the Commons?
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Donald Trump was actually elected POTUS! Honest! Really! You can't make that shit up! Although, every day I wake up and feel as if I'm fucking dreaming!

Help, I'm falling and can't wake up!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

As someone posted on Twitter.
Australian politics hasn't just jumped the shark, it's jumped Fonzie as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by biochem   » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

ESPN (sports network for those outside the US) has lost its mind!!!

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/mses ... ng-idiots/
Post by Annachie   » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:44 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The Australian Prime Minister is about to leave the country of offival business leaving the deputy PM, Barnaby Joyce, in charge.
Today in the Senate a motion was moved for the PM to have Sen. Joyce stand aside as he is currently awaiting a verdict from the court of disputed returns on his elligibility to be elected.
It went down 73-74.

Sen. Joyce cast the deciding vote on whether he should stand aside until the court decides if he was actually legally elected or not.

Ethics, smethics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Daryl   » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:33 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Fully agree with all you have said, except that Joyce is not a Senator, but the Federal Member for New England.
He was a Senator, but resigned to win this seat.
The US equivalent is a Congressman.
Annachie wrote:The Australian Prime Minister is about to leave the country of offival business leaving the deputy PM, Barnaby Joyce, in charge.
Today in the Senate a motion was moved for the PM to have Sen. Joyce stand aside as he is currently awaiting a verdict from the court of disputed returns on his elligibility to be elected.
It went down 73-74.

Sen. Joyce cast the deciding vote on whether he should stand aside until the court decides if he was actually legally elected or not.

Ethics, smethics.

Post by Annachie   » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Is he? Damn. Hard to keep up. Lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~