Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:54 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Watched it live, until I had to turn it off shortly after this because it was making me ill.

There was no misinterpreting what he did.

I watched the entire thing.

Trump basically quoted himself repeatedly condemning the KKK etc and complained that the news media was cherry picking quotes and using quotes out of context. It was clear he genuinely believed that he had repeatedly condemned white supremacists and that the news media was mid-reporting his beliefs. You may feel free to disagree with his belief.

If he genuinely believed he had said the right thing he wouldn't have edited his comments when he quoted them. He knows perfectly well what pissed everyone off and when he quoted that critical sentence he stopped it dead right before he got to "on many sides, many sides".

And then he just pretended his entire rant about the counter protesters being equally at fault that he made a few days after never happened at all.

Only one person there was misreporting what happened, and he was standing on the stage at the mic.

Given that the majority of the news media goes frothing at the mouth bonkers at pretty much every thing he says adds credibility to his accusations ( they'd actually be far more effective in their condemnations if they toned it down about 100x).

They do not go frothing at the mouth bonkers, but it is almost impossible to report what he says without a degree of concern and incredulity. Which happens to be entirely appropriate.

The media doesn't freak out about Trump, they report on him. They can't help that the subject they are reporting on is outrageous.

Trump on the other hand does freak out about the media. He repeatedly flat out lied about them turning the cameras off on him last night (they never did). Claimed they refused to show his crowd sizes (they showed it). Kept claiming CNNs rating s were plumetting (they just had their best performance in almost their entire history). Etc...

He is un-fucking-hinged.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:On the subject of betting, Paddy Power is giving odds of 6 to 4 for President Trump to not last the year.

(200 to 1 that he'll dye his hair red white and blue :) )

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wishful thinking. Health permitting (he is old), he'll be around for 4 years (8 the way the Democrats are going).
In this reality you'll find that the Republicans are starting to talk impeachment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:On the subject of betting, Paddy Power is giving odds of 6 to 4 for President Trump to not last the year.

Wishful thinking. Health permitting (he is old), he'll be around for 4 years (8 the way the Democrats are going).
Annachie wrote:In this reality you'll find that the Republicans are starting to talk impeachment.

At some point you simply have to cut your losses.

He's fired so many people that after awhile there will be no one left to fire but his daughter.

"Father, you seen Jared?"

"I fired him."

"What!? He's my husband!"

"About that. He's no longer your husband. I released him from that obligation as well."

"What!? I'm your daughter!"

"About that. I'm gonna have to let you go too honey. You're the only one left and I love the sound of saying 'You're fired.' I've become authority crazy. Mad with absolute power. I like this game of playing president. I'm a demigod, only until I find a way to tweet God and tell him he's been let go too. Then I'll be the real God. Then I'll fire Satan. I can cause enough hell here on earth on my own without him. He's an amateur. I'm the best. Donald is the best."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by biochem   » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote: In this reality you'll find that the Republicans are starting to talk impeachment.

On the right leaning news sites there is no serious buzz for impeachment and there would have to be for there to be anything real going on. The occasional trial balloon by the Never Trumpers but they seem to be becoming less influential not more. That's about it. In general Repiblican voters are more annoyed with congress than Trump.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:22 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Like I said, no misinterpreting.

He just snuck his pardon of Arpaio into the background of the general Hurricane noise. Deploying the power of the pardon as a partisan political culture war rallying cry to further inflame racial tensions he has already put on blast.

Is there any aspect of the presidency he won't abuse and corrupt...

Pretty sure the answer is nope.
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:

Annachie wrote:In this reality you'll find that the Republicans are starting to talk impeachment.

cthia wrote:At some point you simply have to cut your losses.

He's fired so many people that after awhile there will be no one left to fire but his daughter.

"Father, you seen Jared?"

"I fired him."

"What!? He's my husband!"

"About that. He's no longer your husband. I released him from that obligation as well."

"What!? I'm your daughter!"

"About that. I'm gonna have to let you go too honey. You're the only one left and I love the sound of saying 'You're fired.' I've become authority crazy. Mad with absolute power. I like this game of playing president. I'm a demigod, only until I find a way to tweet God and tell him he's been let go too. Then I'll be the real God. Then I'll fire Satan. I can cause enough hell here on earth on my own without him. He's an amateur. I'm the best. Donald is the best."

OMG, talk about sick with power. Will his Secretary of State be the latest to exit the gate?

Celebrity apprentice really swole Trump's ego! Go on! Fire everybody Trump! Just don't forget yourself.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:34 am

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:OMG, talk about sick with power. Will his Secretary of State be the latest to exit the gate?

Celebrity apprentice really swole Trump's ego! Go on! Fire everybody Trump! Just don't forget yourself.

I think that is less a "sick with power" thing than an "utterly incompetent and looking for the latest scapegoat" thing.

His White House is a constant dumpster fire, it *can't* possibly be his fault, so it's whoever's fault he's decided to fixate on this week. When he fires them, it becomes someone else's fault. Because with Trump is is always "The buck stops over there! Not here. Nuh uh, not my responsibility! Unless it worked, then it was all my idea because I know <insert subject> better than anyone, believe me, and I told you so all along even if you didn't hear me I did it..."

(And remember, he knows and will bring in the best people. The best. Just the greatest smartest most talented people you don't even know, but he knows them. He knows all the secret best people who will fix the country so it doesn't matter that he himself has zero experience or qualifications for this job...) :roll:
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

...I think I've found Trump's role model.
Yep, it's the Pointy Haired Boss.
Just look at his Decision Dial and tell me it doesn't match 90%+ of what Trump seems to be doing...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:57 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...I think I've found Trump's role model.
Yep, it's the Pointy Haired Boss.
Just look at his Decision Dial and tell me it doesn't match 90%+ of what Trump seems to be doing...

The resemblance has been pointed out many times.

The truly sad thing? Adams is a Trump supporter. Good grief you should read his blog, one ridiculous rationalization of why Trump's latest idiocy is actually an act of strategic genius after another.
Post by cthia   » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

President Trump simply has no heart. Even while visiting storm ravaged Texas, it is all about him.

And Melania is no better. Why would she wear expensive high heels to visit a storm ravaged city?

Return to Politics