Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dauntless, Google [Bot] and 34 guests

The Honorverse Best Seller List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honorverse Best Seller List
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Perceived MAN tactics.
THE MAN KAMIKAZE
Is doom headed this way?

Reviews:
The Manticoran Times wrote:"A frightening account of what wicked this way may come by an anonymous retired military analyst."
Sphinx Kats Newscast (SKN) wrote:"They have no soul. They are grown and brainwashed in genetic vitro. They live only to die. "
The Beowulf Howling wrote:"A chilling account that makes the kamikazes of Old Earth history look like a bunch of girl scout cookies."
The Grayson Testaments wrote:"Makes one hope they remain under a rock."
The Haven Harbor wrote:"Masterfully written."

Last edited by cthia on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 am, edited 8 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

BREAKING NEWS

First broken on our affiliate station W-HOLT.

A very old wiretapping of a secret meeting in the House of Lords reminiscent of the Watergate scandal of yore is found and "leaked" to the public. Parts of audio is inaudible as the subject seems to be spouting incoherent vehemence through gritted teeth...

"Have you all gone mad! That out of control lunatic simply cannot be allowed to have a seat in the Lords!"

"Why not?"

" :o " ...

"BECAUSE IT'D ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THAT HOLIER-THAN-THOU JUMPED-UP BASEBORN BITCH..."

"#@&%$" (bleep)

"#%$@#@##@$@#$@#$" (inaudible)

"@%&%" (bleep)

"IS LORD OF THE WHOLE PHUCKING REALM!"

Last edited by cthia on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

and I shall carve her
IIIIIIIIIIIIIF O C U SIIIIIIIIIIII
Eloise Pritchart
one body at a time

Prologue: When they take away her straw she makes bricks out of bodies. For she shall rebuild her Republic off the backs of great or not so great men.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

THE OFFICIAL Handbook
CASE:ZULU
Official Regulations and Training

Due to a glitch in our system this has been superseded by an edited post.

Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The official bible and roadmap.
THE HOUSEMAN REPORT
Unprecedented system growth.

Preface
A brilliant economist. The verve that has gone into this report is astounding. It has become the official book of managing a star system's economy. Comprehensive. All encompassing.

This publishing is quickly becoming legendary out in the Verge and beyond and the Solarian League is frightened. Mr. Reginald Houseman has proved that the pen truly is mightier than the sword. The natives are growing restless.

Reviews:
The Manticoran Times wrote:"Brilliant economist!"
Sphinx Kats Newscast (SKN) wrote:"The bible of system survival."
Beowulf Howling wrote:"A friend to the Verge!"
The Grayson Testaments wrote:"A report that has found its proper place."
The Haven Harbor wrote:"We've ordered a shipload of copies."

Post by lyonheart   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi cthia,

Kudos.

Some of these belong on your humor page.

L

cthia wrote:
THE HOUSEMAN REPORT

Preface
A brilliant economist. The verve that has gone into this report is astounding. It has become the official book of managing a star system's economy. Comprehensive. All encompassing.

This publishing is quickly becoming legendary out in the Verge and beyond and the Solarian League is frightened. Mr. Reginald Houseman has proved that the pen truly is mightier than the sword. The natives are growing restless.

Reviews:
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
THE HOUSEMAN REPORT

Preface

Reviews:
lyonheart wrote:quote="lyonheart"]Hi cthia,

Kudos.

Some of these belong on your humor page.

L

Some of them are on Pokermind's humor page if you care to bother. The Breaking News post was first broken on W-HOLT.

Try clicking on it. It is red for a reason. A couple other's have their roots in the humor thread as well.

Again, the humor thread is not my own. I can't take credit for such an entertaining thread. I do seem to be carrying the thread on my own shoulders, alone, and I take up the gantlet and do what I must. I can hardly imagine how ornery many of you would get, without your coffee and something to smile and laugh about.

A little help from the peanut gallery once in a while would be nice, y'all. Surely there's more than grouchy in the pouchy.

Some of you do contribute once in a while.

My most humble and grateful thanks.

Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The metabolism of
MEYERDAHL BETA
Counting calories

Anonymous and Engaging

Post by saintonge   » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:18 am

saintonge
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:BEOWULF: The Karma Suits Ya
— Unknown Author

That one is a capital offense

OK, OK, don't get your knickers in a twist.
Beowulf: The Karma Suits Ya
— Unknown Author

Happy Now?
Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:19 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:BEOWULF: The Karma Suits Ya
— Unknown Author

That one is a capital offense

OK, OK, don't get your knickers in a twist.
Beowulf: The Karma Suits Ya
— Unknown Author
saintonge wrote:Happy Now?

This has certainly proved to be a controversial title. The author is laughing all the way to the bank.

The League thinks it's a capital offense as well.

Return to Honorverse