Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 am

Joat42
Admiral

The E wrote:
Joat42 wrote:I don't think it's lying, that tweet just confirms that he doesn't really understand how the world works. It's another indication that he suffers from Dunning-Kruger.

It doesn't matter if you do it because you think the actual truth to be bad for you or because you genuinely believe whatever falsehood you're spouting, you are still lying.

Is it? Truth is very subjective, just because a statement isn't true doesn't mean it's a lie.

Either way, the statement is indicative of a person who has a poor grasp of reality.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:30 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Might be a timeline issue.
The President has had trouble in the past with time.
IE: being told something is going to happen in the future becomes an it's happening now tweet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Not specifically condemning lethal violence done by a white supremacist, just making a vague statement about everyone misbehaving?
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:07 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Not specifically condemning lethal violence done by a white supremacist, just making a vague statement about everyone misbehaving?

In the long tradition of US presidents being fair and even handed to Nazis of course...

"Wow that Hitler sure is doing some bad things and spreading some indefensible bigoted and hateful ideogies, but you know there are also people who hate Hitler because he's doing that so really you see it's a lot of hatred on many sides.... many sides... Sad." -Franklin D Roosevelt

He said that.... right?

Trump owns this, he normalized these assholes and he STILL is refusing to call them out because he knows they're among his strongest supporters.
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:My sister said that she thinks Trump's strategy is to purposely light so many negative fires that it is difficult to battle any single one.

Let it be said, my sister surely hit this nail squarely on its head.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

He is completely mishandling the white supremacy issues. IOW, he is dividing the country even more, all in anticipation for getting reelected. What an asshole.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

He fired Bannon and I'm not sure anybody really knows why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:He fired Bannon and I'm not sure anybody really knows why.

Remember the rampant betting on some internet sites of who will be fired first in his administration, in which I spoke of in the Impeachment thread? OMG, after a while, the only ppl left to fire will be himself.

Post by dscott8   » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 am

dscott8
Commodore

He fired Bannon to make Bannon a scapegoat for Trump's own expounding of false equivalence regarding Charlottesville. His new Chief of Staff, General Kelly, knows that Trump needs some serious damage control, and Bannon's the kid that got thrown off the sled to delay the pursuing wolves.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am

gcomeau
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:

He fired Bannon to make Bannon a scapegoat for Trump's own expounding of false equivalence regarding Charlottesville. His new Chief of Staff, General Kelly, knows that Trump needs some serious damage control, and Bannon's the kid that got thrown off the sled to delay the pursuing wolves.

On the one hand if you need a scapegoat I have a hard time feeling bad it was an acknowledged white nationalist sympathizer.

Of course on the other hand, there is the small issue of there being an acknowledged white nationalist sympathizer in the White House to be a scapegoat in the first place.... and him hardly being the only one that everyone knows has those views. Gorka or Miller next in line to be fired on Celebrity Apresident? Tune in next week and find out!

Return to Politics