Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 46 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?
Post by Bohica   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:03 am

Bohica
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

...or, who do you envision playing that part in a Movie/TV Series?

Personally, I have always imagined Angelina Jolie for that particular spot. NOT based on her Tomb Raider role, although that's a good solid basis for the character, but based on her role of "Franky" Cook in "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". She looks half Asian already. She even has the eyepatch (even if it IS on the wrong eye!) :D

Every time I watch that DVD, I can't help but think, "she's halfway there now." The attitude, mannerisms, bearing, command authority all seem to already be present. The only thing that seems to be missing is Nimitz!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CDEQ9QEwBA

So, who do you think would be good for the role, and why?

(I originally posted this elsewhere on the forum. This may be a better spot for it though)
Last edited by Bohica on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by Nightfox   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:54 am

Nightfox
Midshipman

Angelina Jolie will never be Honor Harrington. David has stated many years ago that she will never be Honor, I believe it is even to be included in the contract for any production of Honor Harrington on the big or small screen.

It's a long explanation for why, and it pretty much one of those "Kill this thread now" things when she gets mentioned.

Moving on to other people ideas

I think that Maggie Q from Nikita on CW would be an interesting current choice. Tall, Eurasian, some acting skill.

Nightfox
Post by Cheopis   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:34 am

Cheopis
Vice Admiral

CGI touchup to make her look younger, but the older female martial artist in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

The forum seems to be acting hateful at this time, linked images fail. Here's the link to the image I tried to link to.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_Cr ... on_001.jpg
Post by dscott8   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 am

dscott8
Commodore

There was a long thread on movie casting a while back, and I can't find it now.. do threads "age off" if not updated?

Anyway, my suggestion for Honor was Patricia Velasquez, who played Anck Su Namun in The Mummy:

She's tall, athetic, graceful, and did some cool fight scenes in The Mummy. Ignore the costume and imagine her in uniform with Nimitz in her shoulder.

I also suggested Jenna Elfman (Dharma of Dharma & Greg) as Cathy Montaigne:

Post by john964   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:06 pm

john964
Commodore

How about Ming Na as Allison Harrington
Post by Bohica   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Bohica

Nightfox wrote:Angelina Jolie will never be Honor Harrington. David has stated many years ago that she will never be Honor, I believe it is even to be included in the contract for any production of Honor Harrington on the big or small screen.

It's a long explanation for why, and it pretty much one of those "Kill this thread now" things when she gets mentioned.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but try to understand this:

A) Not everyone knows/knew the information stated above.

B) I am NOT casting people for the role, and I'm pretty sure you are not either.

C) I simply stated who I personally felt could do the role justice (hypothetically), and asked that others state their choices. I never stated nor implied that she was the only one who could do it.

If, in fact, David does not like her or has some kind of problem with her, well, that doesn't mean others cannot have opinions of their own, even if they don't match his choice.
Post by Henry Brown   » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

How bout Halle Berry as Elizabeth?
Post by Daryl   » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Bohica I didn't see anything offensive or impolite in Nightfox's response to you or any indication that he had a problem. It has been previously mentioned here that for some undefined reason Jolie was unacceptable to Weber in the role, so he was politely letting you know this.
I wish that Sigorney Weaver was about 30 years younger as she would have been perfect then.
Lots of beautiful talented actresses out there and it may be better to have a relatively unknown one without prior typecasting to play Honor.
Post by jthoma8318   » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:21 am

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dude you need to take a BIG Effin chill pill. He didn't get rude so there was no excuse for your reaction. OK so you are new to the forum, but this thread got wiped out a few weeks ago due to a server issue. It's one of those threads that pop up frequently. Fact is DW has emphatically stated Joline will never play Honor. So grow some thicker skin and learn a little civility. Duckk doesn't interfere often in discussions but he will.

Bohica wrote:
Nightfox wrote:Angelina Jolie will never be Honor Harrington. David has stated many years ago that she will never be Honor, I believe it is even to be included in the contract for any production of Honor Harrington on the big or small screen.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but try to understand this:

A) Not everyone knows/knew the information stated above.

B) I am NOT casting people for the role, and I'm pretty sure you are not either.

C) I simply stated who I personally felt could do the role justice (hypothetically), and asked that others state their choices. I never stated nor implied that she was the only one who could do it.

If, in fact, David does not like her or has some kind of problem with her, well, that doesn't mean others cannot have opinions of their own, even if they don't match his choice.
Post by Bohica   » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 am

Bohica

To all of you who have been offended by my reply, I apologize.

The initial reply to my first post just came across (to me) as someone saying, "You know better than to mention that name here," or something to that effect. Especially that "thread killer" comment.

I didn't know that name was taboo here. Sorry.

Return to Honorverse