Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests

What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: What has Pres. Trump done wrong so far.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

gcomeau
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:How sad and pathetic and insecure can one guy get? Is there anything too small and petty for him to tell self aggrandizing lies about? And why when he lies does he ALWAYS have to go for "the greatest ever... the biggest ever..."? Does he not understand how the concept of credible claims work? Or has he spent so much time cocooned in his bubble of ass kissing sycophants that he actually believes people find the idea that anyone would ever call any speech he ever gave "the greatest ever" believable?

http://time.com/4883422/donald-trump-bo ... ranscript/

President Donald Trump told the Wall Street Journal that after his controversial speech at the Boy Scouts National Jamboree in West Virginia, the head of the Boy Scouts called him and told him it was "the greatest speech that was ever made to them." But the organization told TIME they are unaware of any call from national leadership placed to the White House.

“The Chief Scout Executive’s message to the Scouting community speaks for itself,” the organization said, referring to a July 27 statement from Michael Surbaugh, the Chief Scout Executive for the Boy Scouts of America, who apologized to anyone in the scouting community who could have been offended or alarmed by the political rhetoric in the speech.

And then 5 seconds after posting that, I run into this. FFS... one record Trump can lay legitimate claim to. Biggest Pathological Liar in the history of US presidents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexican-pre ... rder-work/
Post by Joat42   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:..snip..

And then 5 seconds after posting that, I run into this. FFS... one record Trump can lay legitimate claim to. Biggest Pathological Liar in the history of US presidents.

It's not lying if it's true in your own little dreamworld - I would use the word delusional instead.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:

It's not lying if it's true in your own little dreamworld - I would use the word delusional instead.

Being delusional to a degree where you actually believe you had phone calls with people that never occurred rises to the level of a *severe* psychological concern...
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:

gcomeau wrote:Being delusional to a degree where you actually believe you had phone calls with people that never occurred rises to the level of a *severe* psychological concern...

There's just no truth in him for him to share.

When you are the President and you have to lie on the Boy Scouts, you are pathetic. Slandering the Scouts!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:32 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Given recent events and the sheer number of people who believe that everything's a conspiracy of one sort or another, I think that this XKCD cartoon is far more appropriate now than it was when it was posted in 2013.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by dscott8   » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am

dscott8
Commodore

Michael Everett wrote:Given recent events and the sheer number of people who believe that everything's a conspiracy of one sort or another, I think that this XKCD cartoon is far more appropriate now than it was when it was posted in 2013.

Gee, I wish this forum had a "LIKE" button.
Post by biochem   » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:40 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Given recent events and the sheer number of people who believe that everything's a conspiracy of one sort or another, I think that this XKCD cartoon is far more appropriate now than it was when it was posted in 2013.

:D
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:22 am

gcomeau
Admiral

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG1xRWxV0AE98to?format=png

Yeah... what kind of idiot does it take to think lying about this of all things... and doing it so badly nobody on earth would believe him... is a smart move???
Post by Joat42   » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 am

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG1xRWxV0AE98to?format=png

Yeah... what kind of idiot does it take to think lying about this of all things... and doing it so badly nobody on earth would believe him... is a smart move???

I don't think it's lying, that tweet just confirms that he doesn't really understand how the world works. It's another indication that he suffers from Dunning-Kruger.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by The E   » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:31 am

The E
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:I don't think it's lying, that tweet just confirms that he doesn't really understand how the world works. It's another indication that he suffers from Dunning-Kruger.

It doesn't matter if you do it because you think the actual truth to be bad for you or because you genuinely believe whatever falsehood you're spouting, you are still lying.

Return to Politics