Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jonathan_S and 28 guests

Solarian League Gendarmerie

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Solarian League Gendarmerie
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:03 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Now I have Cher singin' in my head! Thanks...not!
Post by Andy33   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Andy33
Ensign

Other thoughts.
Certainly not all the Solarian Gendarmerie are thugs, that's just the Intervention Battalions within the Gendarmerie. There are also Gendarmes who are genuine police, we meet some, such as Brigadier Gaddis, in Shadow of Victory, and intelligence personnel, both on Old Terra and notably one Captain Damian Harahap (before he starts working for the MAlign).

And behind the Gendarmerie are the Solarian Marines, and all the textev suggest they are the one consistently competent part of the whole SL military, often sent in when the Gendarmes have failed.
Post by pnakasone   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 pm

pnakasone
Captain of the List

Andy33 wrote:Other thoughts.
Certainly not all the Solarian Gendarmerie are thugs, that's just the Intervention Battalions within the Gendarmerie. There are also Gendarmes who are genuine police, we meet some, such as Brigadier Gaddis, in Shadow of Victory, and intelligence personnel, both on Old Terra and notably one Captain Damian Harahap (before he starts working for the MAlign).

And behind the Gendarmerie are the Solarian Marines, and all the textev suggest they are the one consistently competent part of the whole SL military, often sent in when the Gendarmes have failed.

There is no love lost between the OFS Gendarmerie and Solarian Marines. The text mentions in crown of slaves a "frendly fire" incident resulted in 60 percent casualties for the OFS Gendarmerine.
Post by kenl511   » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:33 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

PeterZ wrote:Now I have Cher singin' in my head! Thanks...not!

Your Welcome!

Return to Honorverse