Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:25 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Most of them, both sides, appear to be so gerrymandered that they're probably safe anyway.
It's their own party they'll have to watch out for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Most of them, both sides, appear to be so gerrymandered that they're probably safe anyway.
It's their own party they'll have to watch out for.

Gerrymandering is part of it but the political scientists say it's effect is overemphasized, there are apparently other sociological effects at work which drive much of it.
Post by biochem   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:"SIX MONTHS into his presidency, Donald Trump is officially the least popular US leader of the past 70 years, according to a new poll. A Gallup poll conducted at the six-month mark of all presidents since Harry S Truman has found Trump has just a 36 per cent approval rating, down six points on a similar poll conducted at his first 100 days."
and "Of those polled, 58 per cent disapproved of him, well up on the previous disapproval record of 51 per cent held by Bill Clinton since 1993."

If I was a Republican looking at mid term reelection, I'd be starting to think very carefully.

It depends on the individual district. The vast majority of the I hate Trump with a passion votes are located within heavily Democratic areas. So the effect will be less than you think.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner is in the news for possible Russian collusion. Since day 1 of the revelation my internally suspicious radar cries a foul ball towards a conspiracy theory to deflect attention from the president. And, even if Kushner is guilty, he can readily be pardoned. Heck, Trump has already broached the notion of pardoning himself.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:23 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The real telling point is the House/Senate deal on sanctions on Russia, and that the deal includes mechanisms to block the President from changing them.

I suspect it will fail in court on constitutional grounds, but the sheer fact that the deal was made is hugely telling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by dscott8   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 am

dscott8
Commodore

Annachie wrote:The real telling point is the House/Senate deal on sanctions on Russia, and that the deal includes mechanisms to block the President from changing them.

I suspect it will fail in court on constitutional grounds, but the sheer fact that the deal was made is hugely telling.

This may be an example of a common political tactic, proposing a bill that you know will fail, to make it look like you tried to do something. Just a grandstand play.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Ok, let me get this straight. It has come out that Kushner had four separate meetings with the Russians but he previously said that they didn't have anything to offer. Wouldn't that have been established in the first meeting?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

cthia wrote:Ok, let me get this straight. It has come out that Kushner had four separate meetings with the Russians but he previously said that they didn't have anything to offer. Wouldn't that have been established in the first meeting?

Only the most gullible people on earth (aka Trump voters) are still believing the Trump admins story on this.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Aaand Mueller has impaneled a Grand Jury. Subpoena time.
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Former Mexican president Vicente Fox mocked President Trump in a tweet Friday for departing Washington on a 17-day vacation to his private golf club in New Jersey.

"[L]eaving on vacation, huh? What for? If you're not happy with your job, just leave," Fox tweeted. "After all, it was never for you."
To Call a Mockingbird or a spade a spade or a trump a trump?

"What is his reason for such a vacation?" You ask.

We can all take an edumicated guess...

1. He needs time to catch up on what is going on in his businesses (continue to secretly manage them from the shadows) and discuss related strategies, something he is not supposed to be involved in because of the Emoluments Clause

2. Additionally, his need to reiterate goals and strategies regarding shoring up leaks about the Russian scandal. And to decide on what and when to release the next sordid rounds of obvious lies to throw the scent off just long enough for it to die of old age amidst the deluge of other revelations.

Ok, you're right. That is much too Machiavellian for Trump's poor IQ to carry a hope. The sordid lies are truly his.

3. Time to bury his head in his hands after he pulls it out of his arse in light of the complete ass he's making of things and himself.

4. To get away and clear his head from the overwhelming and enormous think tank that comes along with wielding the reins of the most powerful and largest Nuclear Reactor on the planet knowing you are way in over your head.

5. Rest from the exhausting weight of trying to constantly and consistently maintain his composure amidst the complete and utter continued shock at actually being elected.

Trump. He wasn't ready.

He isn't ready.

Return to Politics