Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About the schedule

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Re: About the schedule
Post by Torlek   » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Torlek
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Is the manuscript turned in yet?

;)

Duckk says: please don't repetitively spam the same text. It's really irritating to scroll past.
Post by Lunan   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:44 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

so no new information.
i'm going out on a limb and saying that the MS has not yet been submitted to Toni. there is alot to tie up in this book and i think its likely more complex then himself may have expected. Duckk hear anything new?
Post by Duckk   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Nothing recently.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by robert132   » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am

robert132
Captain of the List

"It will be ready which it is ready!" - Preserved Killick replying testily to Captain Aubrey about his dinner, Master and Commander, Far Side of the World.

We have to have patience.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:08 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Out of the Dark 2?
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

I admit to having been away from the forums for a while - finding it too dispiriting not to have any news about potential publications dates - so I am truly delighted to come on today and catch up with RFC's news. I discovered Honor about 22 years ago - so really looking forward to what 2018 will bring for her and those she loves
Post by Vince   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

I can't believe that I finally just noticed this after nearly seven months of it being on the home page of http://www.davidweber.net, (news posts):
Tuesday, November 08, 2016
At the Sound of Triumph has been released

The next book in the Safehold series has hit the streets. Get your copy today!

The actual title (as released, don't know if it had a working title as listed above) is:

At the Sign of Triumph.

Not: At the Sound of Triumph.

I think I need new glasses.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Duckk   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:05 am

Duckk
Site Admin

D'oh!
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by ncwolf   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:17 pm

ncwolf
Commander

Vince wrote:I think I need new glasses.

If yours are like mine, try cleaning the ones you've got first. :)
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:51 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

David,

Take care of yourself and take time with your family... I truly hope to be reading your work for as long as your fertile mind continues to produce it.

runsforcelery wrote:I realize that I said I wasn't going to be dropping in on the forums, and I meant it. I really did! However, I happened to find myself sitting in a doctor's office reading things off my phone, and I checked the forums. And, lo and behold, there was a thread (which got itself snipped by Duckk in the fullness of time) about where the books are.

So, for those of you who missed it the first time around, I will summarize.

Current project: Uncompromising Honor, present word count approximately 185,000 words (Barregos just announced the Maya Sector's independence :twisted:), project delivery date, end of June. Current publication date, probably second half of 2018.

Current project: A Call to Vengeance, currently with Tom and Tim (who had to wait for me). Project delivery date Sometime Real Soon Now. Release date, March 2018.

Next project: the new Safehold book, starting 20-25 years after At the Sign of Triumph (with the discovery of the Lost Testament of Schueler). Projected delivery date, end of November. Publication date, probably second half of 2018.

Next next project: the second Sword of the South book. Project delivery date, first-quarter of 2018. No current projected publication date.

Next next next project (probably concurrent with the fantasy novel); sequel to A Call to Vengeance. (There are supposed to be at least four more books in this series.)

Hopefully, somewhere after this Python lump is out the door, Joelle and I will be looking at the next multiverse book, as well. We have two more, I think, under contract for that series.

Now, anyone who wants to make comments on my writing style, 2 D characters, etc., is certainly free to do so. It would appear to me that quite a few people disagree with those comments. I certainly do, and I hope that the projects I have in hand will be at least adequate.

For the record, I never said that Uncompromising would be the end of the Honorverse. I anticipate doing a lot more books in this literary universe. Some of the novels I want to write amount to backstory — Alfred Harrington's Marine career, for example. Others would explore threads I never got the chance to follow up on in the main arc. And others will probably continue with core characters from the current line of novels.

What I've said is that Uncompromising will pretty much wrap up my originally projected storyline that began with On Basilisk Station. In fact, it will wrap up the storyline that was supposed to begin after the OBS storyline per se ended with Honor's death in the Battle of Manticore and the negotiated peace which followed. The entire story line with the Solarian League and the Alignment was supposed to begin a couple of decades after her death in battle, but (as I'm sure I've said elsewhere) the collaborations with Eric screwed up my original timeline. Now, I'm not objecting, because, frankly, I always knew that killing Honor off would be a high risk move for the series and would cause me quite a lot of emotional pain after how long she and I have been together. I'm only saying that there was a certain amount of readjustment of storylines, and that I am now preparing to bring that readjusted storyline to the conclusion I had in mind from the beginning, modified by the fact that (so far, at least :twisted:) Honor is still alive.

I have no intention of shutting down anytime soon, folks. It does seem probable that I will reduce my output from 750,000-1,000,000 words a year to, maybe, 660,000 words a year and spend a little more time with my kids while I still have them at home and with my wife, who has a right to see me more than 90 minutes a day. And if that happens to mean that I get the amount of sleep I need, well, that's probably a good thing too.

I'm going to be around and writing for a long time yet, though. I'm not Jack Williamson. That being the case, don't expect any miracles, but barring something unforeseen, I anticipate at least another 15-20 years in front of the computer.

As Isaac Asimov once said, my greatest fear is that someday the publishers will figure out that I'd write whether they pay me or not. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and David gotta spend some time sticking words down. :D
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to David's Dimension