Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jonathan_S and 41 guests

NdEBELE N THANDI

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: NdEBELE N THANDI
Post by drothgery   » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:51 pm

drothgery
Admiral

cthia wrote:In fact, I always wondered why textev didn't highlight a San Martin's appetite in the same manner as Honor's. Seems like the Ramirezes together would be able to eat an entire Montana longhorn steer.
Eh, San Martinos are typically very large, so their appetite doesn't really come as surprise to anyone.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

drothgery wrote:
cthia wrote:In fact, I always wondered why textev didn't highlight a San Martin's appetite in the same manner as Honor's. Seems like the Ramirezes together would be able to eat an entire Montana longhorn steer.
Eh, San Martinos are typically very large, so their appetite doesn't really come as surprise to anyone.

Yep, on paper the San Martin's appetite doesn't come as any surprise until one actually sees a whole Montana steer—his queer, hair, hoof and all... disappear.

Very rare! The steak, not the meal. LOL

The dinner table of the Ramirezes as kids was dangerous...

"Hey dad, watch this steer disappear!"

As 250 lb. muscular 12-yr-olds they were simply growing boys.

"Dinner isn't ready yet son. Take that leftover side of beef and make yourself a sandwich."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Somtaaw   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:54 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:I wonder about the efficiency of a Ndebeles' metabolism? It seems they would have a heck of a metabolism as well.

In fact, I always wondered why textev didn't highlight a San Martin's appetite in the same manner as Honor's. Seems like the Ramirezes together would be able to eat an entire Montana longhorn steer. I can't figure out how a Ramirez even survived on Hades without beating everyone up and taking their lunch. LOL

saber964 wrote:Ramirez was probably eating extra rations to maintain his health. IIRC Honor deliberately 'starved' herself because she refused to demean herself to ask for extra rations. IIRC it takes place when she beat the crap out of one of her guards.

Well Honor's musings on Hades showed us that StateSec were "generous" with their rations, assuming they weren't doing a Kilkenny Camp punishment. So Honor was gaining weight, without having to 'beg' food from other prisoners.

Now granted, that Camp Inferno had also 'lost' a few prisoners between their last StateSec census count, and when Honor's gang arrived, so they didn't disrupt the existing monthly ration distribution. But I still think that StateSec was generous enough Jesus Ramirez could eat well enough to stay fit, so long as he understood the differences between "eating a meal" and "pulling a Pavel Young".

In the loosely two or three years between OBS and tSVW, Young went from being fairly trim, to growing a second chin, because he didn't know how to ration his food (and also presumably did not work out). Neither problem Jesus Ramirez, or any Ramirez for that matter, ever seemed to suffer from.

Now on the other hand, perhaps this may explain why Tomas Ramirez got along so well with Honor, with her custom of dining with her officers? :lol: Not only had she been beating the crap out of Haven before their first encounter, but she sets quite a table spread, I'm frequently jealous everytime I read one of Honor's dinner parties.
Post by saber964   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:25 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:
drothgery" quote="cthia wrote:In fact, I always wondered why textev didn't highlight a San Martin's appetite in the same manner as Honor's. Seems like the Ramirezes together would be able to eat an entire Montana longhorn steer.

Yep, on paper the San Martin's appetite doesn't come as any surprise until one actually sees a whole Montana steer—his queer, hair, hoof and all... disappear.

"Dinner isn't ready yet son. Take that leftover side of beef and make yourself a sandwich."[/quote]

You've never seen a group of teenagers eat have you? Sharks and Piranhas come to mind. Or professional football players for that matter.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
drothgery" quote="cthia wrote:In fact, I always wondered why textev didn't highlight a San Martin's appetite in the same manner as Honor's. Seems like the Ramirezes together would be able to eat an entire Montana longhorn steer.
cthia wrote:Yep, on paper the San Martin's appetite doesn't come as any surprise until one actually sees a whole Montana steer—his queer, hair, hoof and all... disappear.

"Dinner isn't ready yet son. Take that leftover side of beef and make yourself a sandwich."
saber964 wrote:You've never seen a group of teenagers eat have you? Sharks and Piranhas come to mind. Or professional football players for that matter.

Are you kidding? On the contrary. During the summer as active as we teenagers were, I was consistently eating two chickens a day outside of the home, with trimmings (French fries, coleslaw, best hushpuppies in existence, orange jungle juice.) Then dinner. I was a big eater and I still am. I was told that it would catch up with me one day. Though it hasn't yet. My metabolism is through the roof. I always said, "thinking" burns just as many calories as anything else :D.

My dad said on many occasions that he'd come out better to simply give one of my older brothers and I $100 each per day to feed ourselves. Said he'd come out much better that way! And he meant it. He was probably right.

My mother said that we were bottomless pits.

An older sister said that we had huge tapeworms inside our stomachs that ate all of our food. That was a cruel thing to say to a kid. I looked for that damn tapeworm every time I took a crap that summer. (Sis said it would come out that way.) :roll:

There was a friend of ours who was on the football team. He consistently ate that free steak at Western Steer that was free in the 70's if you could eat the whole thing. He would always eat it, the huge potato, the Texas toast and ordered something else as well. He never paid for his meal when he ate there.

However, I don't consider either of us in the Ramirez's league. Therefore... I assume they simply hefted the huge witches pot off the ground and drank from it. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse