Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests

why Eloise trusts Kevin Usher

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: why Eloise trusts Kevin Usher
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

She is...
Justifying
eloise
damn
it
using the force.

Prologue: A very large compendium of one woman's focused resolution.

Shameless Ad:
Non-regulation illegal length vibro blades w/holsters can be ordered here.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

::glares balefully at RFC whilst slamming door closed on a closet full of pitchforks::

Oh, my girl. My girl. I think one of the reasons I've always loved her so deeply is that she isn't perfect. She has a ruthless capacity for violence and a well of passion so deep I'm not sure even she knows how far it goes, and yet somehow - somehow - she hasn't let it break her, even when it should have torn her apart. She isn't perfect, but she is good, and boy have I got a weakness for that kind of driving passion.

I wish I could say I didn't understand her here, but I do - too well for my own peace of mind. And more than anything else in the world, I wish I could hold her tight and promise her that it will all be okay in the end. Or if not 'okay' - because I don't think her world was ever 'okay' again, after this - then that she will succeed in restoring the Republic she loves.

...still gonna kill you, RFC. Any day now. Once I quit blubbering.... later this century.

(Disclaimer: No, I don't actually want to kill him. I just want to occasionally shout graphically creative insults at him when he hurts my favorite characters. Just in case anyone was thinking of calling the cops (please don't). :D )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by tootall   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

In the oldest fairy tales, the hero doesn't do what's "right", but what's necessary.
Himself's folks do that, Honor, Victor and the Captain, Kevin, Tom, Eloise. And Merlin.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Submitting to From The Highlands, I'd add that Eloise trusts Kevin Usher also because he is as patriotic about the Old Republic as she, as any. And because anyone who hates Oscar Saint-Just and his patsies as much as Kevin, and was bold enough to tell him to his face, twice, before and after he came to power, was probably trustworthy -- without getting all personal.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

The Salamander and the Ice Queen. How similar they are, yet so very different. The Salamander visits the ice plains of Hell fully conscious, only leaving any restraint behind. The Ice Queen visits Hell physically, leaving her "self" behind. Both of them reconcile their selves after their visits to Hell. Both of them find a way to distill their beings into a pure amoral purpose. Yet, both of them subjugate that implacable drive to the shackles of morality. Each harnesses that amoral purpose until there is a target deserving of unrestrained violence.

No wonder they connected so well!

Return to Honorverse