Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 37 guests

'Uncompromising Honor' Wish List: Characters Edition

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
'Uncompromising Honor' Wish List: Characters Edition
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Yes, yes, I'm sure most of you have wishes for this novel that relate to, like, plot and battles and fleet actions. But this thread is about what we want to see specifically for characters, in terms of their relationships with each other (of both the platonic and romantic kind), and what we as readers would like to see 'on screen'. I'm trying to stick to the realm of the plausible here, though I don't expect y'all to! :D

Por ejemplo, my (very, very partial) wish list:

1. I'd love to see the way Shannon Foraker and Sonja Hemphill work together at Bolthole, and how their relationship (of whatever type, but we all know what I'm pushing for ;) ) develops.

2. I want - need - to see Allen Higgins get some love. Preferably of the romantic kind, and doubly preferably from me, but if it's "just" an epic, epic win of a space battle, I'll take that too. He has been thoroughly screwed over by the universe (and RFC) far too many times and he needs some sweetness in his life, dammit!

3. Let's face it - Lester Tourville and Michelle Henke are destined for an epic, epic romance. Of the cowboy style.

Your turn! :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Re: 'Uncompromising Honor' Wish List: Characters Edition
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:53 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to see Michelle Henke fall in love. She has no problem applying her makeup. Even taught Honor. Yet Honor has since added two, no, three loves. It is high time Michelle had some guy's or gal's nose open too. **************

I'd also like to see Abigail fall in love, or at least someone fall in love with her (besides me!) and I'd like that someone to be from the Star Kingdom just for the fun of it -- the political fun of it. Talk about the rumbling that would cause on Grayson from the many precipitous Key deaths caused by a sudden string of apoplectic fits!

What would be even more delectable and sinister would be if Guttierz fell in love with Abigail. Simply delish! Then we could read all about Mateo's foibles. And please don't anyone tell me that Mateo is NOT supposed to fall in love with her. I wasn't suppose to fall in love with almost every one of my drop dead gorgeous, student's tongues wagging English teachers either. Yet the entire floor was always slippery with drool.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

Scotty needs to find someone, he is young, handsome and an excellent catch, there has been no mention of anything for him aside from a maybe back in HAE. personally i'm thinking Ginger would work great for him, with them both being survivors of Wayfarer and she is solid enough to keep him grounded when the the Chief isn't there.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:19 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:Scotty needs to find someone, he is young, handsome and an excellent catch, there has been no mention of anything for him aside from a maybe back in HAE. personally i'm thinking Ginger would work great for him, with them both being survivors of Wayfarer and she is solid enough to keep him grounded when the Chief isn't there.

Not to mention how much it would tickle Honor to death if two members of her crew were to "hook up."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dauntless   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

i'd also like Samuel Webster to reappear. i don't think he has been mentioned let alone sighted since a throw away line in AOV where Honor muses over how many of "her" people are involved with Buttercup. though i suppose he might have gone to Marsh in War of Honor given again how many old salamander hands Honor recruited for that task force.

either way there has been no mention for quite some time and the loss of one of the only survivors of both Fearless' is not something i expect to pass by without at least a page on how he died.
Post by saber964   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 pm

saber964
Admiral

Dauntless wrote:i'd also like Samuel Webster to reappear. i don't think he has been mentioned let alone sighted since a throw away line in AOV where Honor muses over how many of "her" people are involved with Buttercup. though i suppose he might have gone to Marsh in War of Honor given again how many old salamander hands Honor recruited for that task force.

either way there has been no mention for quite some time and the loss of one of the only survivors of both Fearless' is not something i expect to pass by without at least a page on how he died.

Actually he's mentioned in WOH as one of Honor's squadron commanders IIRC BatRon 16.
Post by Henry Brown   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Well since we are marrying everybody off, I'd like to see Jeremy X find somebody. Lets face it, that would be an *INTERESTING* courtship. :lol:
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
Dauntless wrote:i'd also like Samuel Webster to reappear. i don't think he has been mentioned let alone sighted since a throw away line in AOV where Honor muses over how many of "her" people are involved with Buttercup. though i suppose he might have gone to Marsh in War of Honor given again how many old salamander hands Honor recruited for that task force.

Actually he's mentioned in WOH as one of Honor's squadron commanders IIRC BatRon 16.

He'd be a great pairing for Abby.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:37 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Victor and Thandi getting married would be a hoot, just seeing which one would wear white. LOL

Post by drothgery   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

drothgery
Admiral

cthia wrote:He'd be a great pairing for Abby.
Sigh.
No officer/enlisted pairings.
No flag officer/officer ranked lower than Captain (sg) pairings.
We like these people. We want them to keep their jobs.

Return to Honorverse