Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

And then they kissed...

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: And then they kissed...
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:58 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Thank you for that update, RFC!

3.4 hours! OMG. I am glad to hear you are alright now. This balance you are trying to strike sounds good. Hopefully you'll manage to get the 6-7 hours!

A little anecdote:

When a guy I knew was at the hospital after a break-down due to overwork he stressed that he was indispensable and needed to get back to the office immediately. The doc just replied: "The graveyards are full of indispensable people."
Post by phillies   » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

phillies
Admiral

Was the voice anomaly ever resolved? It seems to be a rather odd error for a reader to make.
Post by Thrandir   » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 am

Thrandir
Commander

Welcome back Mr Weber and it is great to hear you are doing as you are told by the Chief of Your Household (aka Sharon).

Look forward to reading the next story in the Honorverse and Safehold etc...

Do not work yourself into the ground RFC!!!
Post by lyonheart   » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:38 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hello RFC!

It's wonderful to hear from you again!

May I say amen to all the good wishes above, and second them all, if that's not redundant.

The snippet is great; I'm now looking forward to my 2018 reading list, but keeping Sharon and the kids happy is even more important than pleasing all your fans.

Best wishes for forever,

Lyonheart

Thrandir wrote:Welcome back Mr Weber and it is great to hear you are doing as you are told by the Chief of Your Household (aka Sharon).

Look forward to reading the next story in the Honorverse and Safehold etc...

Do not work yourself into the ground RFC!!!
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by McGuiness   » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:23 pm

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

RFC, don't DO that sort of thing to us!!! (Or to She Who Must Not Be Disobeyed, or to your kids either.) I'm greatly relieved to hear that you've gotten through the crisis and are productively writing again.

From your last few posts when you were buried in proofing two novels in just over a week, a bunch of us became very worried for your health. I've quipped that we'll wait as fast as we can, but for goodness sake, 3.4 hours of sleep per night? I've lived on six for the past four decades (never become a janitor at 4:00 a.m. during college, the sleeping habits you develop may stick with you for life!) but I've also been able to function at full speed with that much sleep.

But there's no way could I even stagger out of bed on a regular basis with only 3.4 hours in the sack. Heck, I don't think I'd even remember hitting the pillow! It's really a wonder that you were able to write at all.

I'm guessing 40% efficiency was word output per day, not editing or quality of product? I certainly didn't think the end of AtSoT was less eloquent than the rest of the series, although I'd have been a great deal nastier to the Fornicator in Chief!

Anyway, as I and many of us have said before, we want to see Merlin lead Safehold against the Gbaba, and one of these years I look forward to the Battle of Beowulf in the Honorverse. If I get really greedy, I'd like to know how the Arcanans respond after getting their butts kicked back into their own territory after "The Road to Hell."

None of those things will happen if you aren't around to write about them. So put your health and your family first, then enjoy your little hobby of writing that you've puttered around with for a few decades. ;)

We really, really don't want you to pull a Robert Jordan on us, since we have far too much invested in the series you write, plus we enjoy your witty and knowledgeable infodumps here on the forums. You're a likeable guy who enjoys engaging his fans, and we'd truly miss you.

Thanks for the snippet. Bolthole has a name! And it might actually be on the star charts. It sounds like its inhabitants have had their civil rights rather curtailed due to the expediency of military security though. Oh well, the Manties will soon arrive for their first technological exchange visit. (We hope!)

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

so pleased to read that you are on the mend RFC - having spent the last month or so recovering from (thankfully routine) brain surgery, I have been strongly reminded of the importance of listening and obeying the medics and the beloved spouse; so you just carry right on doing the same
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:17 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

I love a conspiracy theory (good or otherwise)
Next we'll be hearing that someone is tampering with the presidents twitter account and that he never even mentioned the Russians in real life :o

phillies wrote:Or someone tampered. With modern computer technology, the change is straightforward for someone to make and difficult to identify as a hoax by a third party.
Just my 2 ₡ worth

Return to Safehold