Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 46 guests

Last use for SL SD captured

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Last use for SL SD captured
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu May 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Slagging the computers wouldn't permanently disable the missiles would they? If not, then why would that not fall under the heading of a very bad idea as well? It would be ironic to be on a ship destroyed by a missile that you returned.

It would if you included the computers in the missiles when you triggered the security protocol. Of course that runs the risk of the anti-tampering lock setting the missiles off before you could evacuate the ship. :mrgreen:

The whole idea of giving them back intact but non-functionaal is really more effort than any possible benefit is worth.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by cthia   » Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
cthia wrote:Slagging the computers wouldn't permanently disable the missiles would they? If not, then why would that not fall under the heading of a very bad idea as well? It would be ironic to be on a ship destroyed by a missile that you returned.

It would if you included the computers in the missiles when you triggered the security protocol. Of course that runs the risk of the anti-tampering lock setting the missiles off before you could evacuate the ship. :mrgreen:

The whole idea of giving them back intact but non-functionaal is really more effort than any possible benefit is worth.
But the missiles' onboard computers can easily be replaced if they are NOT destroyed. Solly infrastructure is still intact. Probably simply a matter of loading them all on an assembly line and smartbots will do the bidding.

Weird Harold wrote:The whole idea of giving them back intact but non-functionaal is really more effort than any possible benefit is worth.

Unless before giving them back the RMN sought out Shannon Foraker to turn them all into Trojan Horses. Able to be remote detonated at the GA's will -- prewired for the "Oops Factor." Two can play the MAlign game -- upon entering the Solly system or upon them reentering the Manty system, solely as an extra precaution against certain Solly arrogance.

Or simply preprogrammed to self-destruct and set off a chain reaction if they are sent to the stockyards holding the other reserves.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"We have company Honor. It appears to be everyone of those Solly ships we returned."

"Of all the arroga..."

Ka BOOOOOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM ...

"Oops!"

"Dammit Shannon!"

"I said Oops Honor. :D "

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by robert132   » Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:"We have company Honor. It appears to be everyone of those Solly ships we returned."

"Of all the arroga..."

"Oops!"

"Dammit Shannon!"

Later in Invictus' Flag Cabin Honor hoists a tankard of "Old Tillman" in salute to Shannon. "Well played Admiral Foraker, well played" while Shannon blushes and sips her own beer.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Beowulf gets all the SL ships, plus crews from Talbot, Silesia, Manticore & Grayson. The Beowulf crew from their 36 SD Form the highest ranks spread amongst the rest of the ships. Filling out all the other ships with various crew member from the above mentioned regions, uniformed as Beowulf naval personnel. Next Beowulf incident meets 400+ SD defending Beowulf. Add in 2500 - 5000 Haven crewed Peep LAC and any surprise Solly Election observes will be very surprised.
Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

robert132 wrote:
cthia wrote:"We have company Honor. It appears to be everyone of those Solly ships we returned."

"Of all the arroga..."

"Oops!"

"Dammit Shannon!"

Later in Invictus' Flag Cabin Honor hoists a tankard of "Old Tillman" in salute to Shannon. "Well played Admiral Foraker, well played" while Shannon blushes and sips her own beer.

While Honor sips her own Tilman she peers at Foraker with amused almond eyes and reflects... 'How did we ever survive with her as a Peep? Sure glad she's on our side now.'

Post by robert132   » Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:While Honor sips her own Tilman she peers at Foraker with amused almond eyes and reflects... 'How did we ever survive with her as a Peep? Sure glad she's on our side now.'

Hear hear!!!

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Fox2!   » Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

robert132 wrote:
cthia wrote:While Honor sips her own Tilman she peers at Foraker with amused almond eyes and reflects... 'How did we ever survive with her as a Peep? Sure glad she's on our side now.'

Hear hear!!!

No, it's "Beer! Beer!"
Post by cthia   » Sun May 21, 2017 6:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

robert132 wrote:

Hear hear!!!
Fox2! wrote:No, it's "Beer! Beer!"

Dear! Dear!

Post by Lord Skimper   » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

What if you added one other component to the Solly SD's. Take the destroyed hulks to Beowulf as well, you can use them for target practice for the new crews in the captured ships. They will also be a psychological deterrent for any new fleet of Solly SD's that might turn up. A couple hundred ruined hulls will give anyone pause.

Add to the Beowulf 36 SD count another 200 SD's plus 100 Damaged and 100+ more hulks. Add a further 200 Gryphon Sphinx SD and 50+ lesser SD and DR. Add 3,000 Peep LAC's and you have an effective screen vs any number of Solly SD election observers sent to Beowulf.

Once again SD Solly Captured and Mothballed Manty and Grayson SD's crews will come from Talbot, Silesia, Manticore, Grayson, Andy Silesians and Peeps with their LAC's. 2.5 million volunteers should be easy to get.

Return to Honorverse