Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Favorite Moments So Far?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Moments So Far?
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:06 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
Did they ever make it official? I have the impression that they hadn't. BTW, it is my impression that stories in the Honorverse anthologies are invitation only.

I didn't mean "official" as in "they got married" (though part of me wishes they had! - but I understand why they couldn't), I meant "official" as in "Screw StateSec, I love you and I want to be with you." :)

It occurs to me that if _House of Lies_ includes a story then Eloise Pritchart would be a possible protagonist with much of it set before her first appearance in _Honor Among Enemies_.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Daryl   » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:54 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Couldn't imagine anyone on here being interested in anything to do with Eloise Pritchart?

"It occurs to me that if _House of Lies_ includes a story then Eloise Pritchart would be a possible protagonist with much of it set before her first appearance in _Honor Among Enemies_."
Post by kzt   » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:26 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Couldn't imagine anyone on here being interested in anything to do with Eloise Pritchart?

"It occurs to me that if _House of Lies_ includes a story then Eloise Pritchart would be a possible protagonist with much of it set before her first appearance in _Honor Among Enemies_."

Didn't she appear in chapter 25 of TSV? Though not by name, wasn't she the gunner who killed Palmer-Levy?
Post by Daryl   » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

If we keep this going we might just get a bite.
kzt wrote:
Daryl wrote:Couldn't imagine anyone on here being interested in anything to do with Eloise Pritchart?

Didn't she appear in chapter 25 of TSV? Though not by name, wasn't she the gunner who killed Palmer-Levy?
Post by Louis R   » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

impossible to say. the only information given was 'woman'. no features or hair colour described.

personally, i'm inclined to doubt it, though. i didn't have the impression that the Aprilists really cooperated with the CRU, and 'Brigade Commander Delta' would have been running the op, not holding the target designator. nor would she be wandering around with anybody else's cell even if she and Kevin are old friends.

kzt wrote:

Post by roseandheather   » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:47 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Daryl wrote:If we keep this going we might just get a bite.

::reappears from wifi-less airport travel fog and bites down hard enough to sever fingers::
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by munroburton   » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:01 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:It occurs to me that if _House of Lies_ includes a story then Eloise Pritchart would be a possible protagonist with much of it set before her first appearance in _Honor Among Enemies_.

I can't remember if it was speculation, but I do recall seeing a mention that House of Lies might focus on the DuQuesne era, when the Republic was transformed into the People's Republic.
Post by Somtaaw   » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

Louis R wrote:impossible to say. the only information given was 'woman'. no features or hair colour described.

personally, i'm inclined to doubt it, though. i didn't have the impression that the Aprilists really cooperated with the CRU, and 'Brigade Commander Delta' would have been running the op, not holding the target designator. nor would she be wandering around with anybody else's cell even if she and Kevin are old friends.

kzt wrote:Didn't she appear in chapter 25 of TSV? Though not by name, wasn't she the gunner who killed Palmer-Levy?

We know that both Kevin Usher and Eloise Pritchart were both cell leaders. So since Kevin Usher was there, that whole unit was his, and Pritchart was somewhere else, doing something else.

Kevin Usher's cell carried out the Palmer-Levy assassination, and he ran point and was actually the man who, so far as us readers know, was the only one who even fired at all during that operation. Considering how especially dangerous point man is, and Usher doing it anyways, we really cannot say with any certainty that Pritchart in her position as Brigade Commander Delta wouldn't have been a laser designator or missile operator; although not on the Palmer-Levy strike.
Post by Tarlock   » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Tarlock
Midshipman

[quote]From „Honor Among Enemies“ Site 211:
"On my mark, Jenny," she said quietly, raising her left hand, then keyed her own com with her right hand. "Unknown vessel," she said crisply, "this is Her Majesty's Armed Merchant Cruiser Wayfarer. Cut your drive immediately, or be destroyed!" She slashed her hand downward as she spoke, and every weapon in Wayfarer's broadside fired as one. Eight massive grasers flashed out, the closest missing the bogey by less than thirty kilometers, and ten equally massive missiles followed. As the single shot the bogey had fired, they were standard nukes, not laser heads, but unlike the bogey's, they detonated at a stand-off range of barely a thousand kilometers, completely bracketing him in their pattern. The message was abundantly clear, and just to give it added point, six LACs suddenly swooped up over their mother ship, locked their own batteries on the bogey, and lashed him with targeting radar and lidar powerful enough to boil his hull paint to be sure he knew they had. "Acknowledged, Wayfarer! Acknowledged!" a voice screamed over the com, and the bogey's drive died instantly. "Don't fire! God, please don't fire! We surrender!" "Prepare to be boarded," Honor said coldly. "Any resistance will result in the instant destruction of your vessel. Is that understood?" "Yes! Yes!" "Good," she said in that same, icy tone, then cut the circuit and leaned back in her chair to smile at Cardones. "Well," she said far more mildly, "that was exciting, wasn't it?" [quote]
Post by kenl511   » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:56 pm

kenl511
Captain (Junior Grade)

Honor's capture of [i]Vaubon[i] in HAE. "I don't know what you're doing or why, but thank you. I feel bad about demanding your surrender now."

Return to Honorverse