Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Favorite Moments So Far?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Moments So Far?
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
Did they ever make it official? I have the impression that they hadn't. BTW, it is my impression that stories in the Honorverse anthologies are invitation only.

I didn't mean "official" as in "they got married" (though part of me wishes they had! - but I understand why they couldn't), I meant "official" as in "Screw StateSec, I love you and I want to be with you." :)

Indeed.

One must recall all of the emotions inherent in the "Pit and the Pendulum" of StateSec they were all under to fully understand and "feel" the raw passion behind rose's sentiment.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:40 pm

saber964
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
Henry Brown wrote:
I'll be happy to read whatever you come up with. Knock yourself out! And in light of your last sentence, I hope you're feeling better.

Oh, look! Chivalry isn't dead. ;)

I am feeling better, thank you! Amazing what a night or two in your own bed can do.

Now, on to business:

Henry Brown wrote:"Favorite moment you would have liked to have seen, but which was not actually depicted."

So, in no particular order of preference:

1. Admiral Khumalo's discussion with Dame Estelle right before he moves out for Monica.

2. Thomas Theisman asking Eloise Pritchart to head the interim government as they rebuild Haven.

3. Allen Higgins finding out his Grendelsbane people were being repatriated. And his reaction to the Grand Alliance in general, come to think of it.

4. Michelle Henke finding out that Haven's definition of sending her some help is 'Lester Tourville and a good chunk of Second Fleet'.

5. Eloise Pritchart &co on election night.

6. The Havenite Congress "jumping all over" the peace treaty when Leslie Montreau brought it back to Nouveau Paris.

7. Dame Estelle's reunion with Honor after the climactic battle of On Basilisk Station.

8. Dame Estelle and Khumalo getting 'catted. Because you know they would be.

9. Javier Giscard and Eloise Pritchart first making their romantic relationship official. (Yes, I want the whole bloody romance novel of their story, but...)

10. Protector Benjamin finding out that Honor was coming home from Hades.

12. Lester Tourville and Michael Oversteegen meeting in person.

13. The first time Shannon Foraker and Sonja Hemphill met face-to-face. And the first time they started working together, full stop.

14. Sonja Hemphill's reaction to the Grand Alliance, come to think of it.

15. Whatever Honor and Eloise Pritchart discussed at Trevor's Star before Honor went to drag Elizabeth out of bed.

16. Warner Caslet and Alfredo Yu finding out about the Grand Alliance, come to think of it!

17. Giscard and Eloise's [private] reaction to Shannon's infamous "Oops."

...let's stop with lucky number seventeen, shall we?

.....for now. :mrgreen:

How about adding scenes like.

Sorrow Singer and company meeting with Empress Elizabeth Protector Benjamin President Pritchard and Chairman Benton-Ramirez.

Lady Sarah Harrington helping to establish the first treecat colony in the TQ.

The first Tallbotter getting adopted. My vote is on Steve Westmen

Treecats establishing their first colonies on Torch and Smoking Frog.

Queen Berry getting adopted.
Post by saber964   » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 pm

saber964
Admiral

Going along with my earlier vein, I was thinking how about the following scenes.

Empress Elizabeth speaking before a joint session of Parliament to amend the constitution to grant treecats full rights as citizens of the Star Empire of Manticore.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Forgot to turn in my homework today for this class...

I like every single time that Emily had to "straighten out the lives of the kids." LOL

What a classy woman! That woman puts the class in act!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:11 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote: BTW, it is my impression that stories in the Honorverse anthologies are invitation only.

Just so.

That said, let it be known for the record that the answer is 'yes'. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Rincewind   » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

My favourite moment?

The moment when Fleet Admiral Rajampet Kaushal Rajani realises, the split second before his own finger pulls the trigger, that the Manties were right all along about Mesa's development of nanotech to use for assassination.

He probably would have crapped in his pants except he would not have had time for it.
Last edited by Rincewind on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:02 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Let's continue, shall we? ;)

18. Haven's post-Theisman Coup civil war. Hell, I could quite happily gobble down a five-book series on the inner workings of the Havenite gov't & military from "Oops" to... uh, Michelle turning up in Mesan orbit, actually.

19. Ditto a similar series covering the many and varied adventures of Augustus Khumalo, Estelle Matsuko, and their minions - I mean colleagues in Talbott from the moment they both get sent out there until... er, again, right about where we are now.

20. Whatever the Protector's Own has been up to since the last time we saw them.

21. A story focusing on the Grayson women who followed Abigail Hearns to Saganami Island.

22. Ditto one about that group of treecats that went off to colonise Haven. I'll bet they have some stories to tell!

23. A year-in-the-life of Katherine and Elaine Mayhew, because I miss them rather desperately.

24. Shannon and Sonja out at Bolthole.

Are you getting the impression that I'm greedy yet? That would be because I'm greedy. Greedy like a treecat for celery. :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by saber964   » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:54 pm

saber964
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:Let's continue, shall we? ;)

18. Haven's post-Theisman Coup civil war. Hell, I could quite happily gobble down a five-book series on the inner workings of the Havenite gov't & military from "Oops" to... uh, Michelle turning up in Mesan orbit, actually.

19. Ditto a similar series covering the many and varied adventures of Augustus Khumalo, Estelle Matsuko, and their minions - I mean colleagues in Talbott from the moment they both get sent out there until... er, again, right about where we are now.

20. Whatever the Protector's Own has been up to since the last time we saw them.

21. A story focusing on the Grayson women who followed Abigail Hearns to Saganami Island.

22. Ditto one about that group of treecats that went off to colonise Haven. I'll bet they have some stories to tell!

23. A year-in-the-life of Katherine and Elaine Mayhew, because I miss them rather desperately.

24. Shannon and Sonja out at Bolthole.

Are you getting the impression that I'm greedy yet? That would be because I'm greedy. Greedy like a treecat for celery. :mrgreen:

21 has already been done, namely Obligated Service in the anthology Beginnings.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:19 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

saber964 wrote:
21 has already been done, namely Obligated Service in the anthology Beginnings.

I literally meant "at Saganami Island", dork. ;) There's a severe dearth of anything resembling focus on a midshipman prior to that middy's middy cruise. I want the dirt on what SI life is really like! Following a Grayson girl through it would just be the icing. Really, really tasty icing. :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

A story I want to read:
How Honor met Michelle Henke at the academy - and how long it took for her to recognise, that Michelle is a Cadet branch member of House Winton

Return to Honorverse