Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 43 guests

Call to Vengeance release

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Call to Vengeance release
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I'm sitting in B&N right now and was just infoirmed that Call to Vengeance will be released in March of 2018.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by kzt   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:I'm sitting in B&N right now and was just infoirmed that Call to Vengeance will be released in March of 2018.
-

They are lying to you. They have no idea. David has no idea. It will be done as soon as he gets it done, which means some time after he can start working on it.

David doesn't get paid until it gets published, so he's got lots of motivation to get it done ASAP...
Post by Henry Brown   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

n7axw wrote:I'm sitting in B&N right now and was just infoirmed that Call to Vengeance will be released in March of 2018.

Don

-

Just did a search for it on Amazon. Didn't get any results, so apparently it is no longer in the system there.
Post by robert132   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:24 am

robert132
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:
-

They are lying to you. They have no idea. David has no idea. It will be done as soon as he gets it done, which means some time after he can start working on it.

David doesn't get paid until it gets published, so he's got lots of motivation to get it done ASAP...

It's probably what B&N's computer inventory management system currently has loaded in and no one has updated that particular entry.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Louis R   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

2018 is plausible - Toni said a month ago that she expected to reschedule it soon, and she'd have been sending S&S her plans for next year right about now.

amazon.ca and chapters.ca both show Mar 6 2018 for this title, which would be the correct day of the month, so they probably have the info from S&S. For the moment, we need to log it as "unproven", but I find it likely.

-

robert132 wrote:
kzt wrote:They are lying to you. They have no idea. David has no idea. It will be done as soon as he gets it done, which means some time after he can start working on it.

It's probably what B&N's computer inventory management system currently has loaded in and no one has updated that particular entry.
Post by robert132   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:24 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Louis R wrote:2018 is plausible - Toni said a month ago that she expected to reschedule it soon, and she'd have been sending S&S her plans for next year right about now.

amazon.ca and chapters.ca both show Mar 6 2018 for this title, which would be the correct day of the month, so they probably have the info from S&S. For the moment, we need to log it as "unproven", but I find it likely.

I hope they're right then although I really don't want to wait.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

while i would like it to be ready for that date, we are due final honor book about the end of april 2018.

it seems a little to close.

it might well be 2018 but I would be expecting sometime after august, put some space between then 2 books.
Post by WinterFlames   » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:03 am

WinterFlames
Ensign

So... I had preordered this book in October at B&N. But my credit cards have been changed since then. So I pre ordered it again from BAM. But another whole year?!

Return to Honorverse